• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

£150m transfer budget

Status
Not open for further replies.

redhorizon2

Very Active
So according to the Express/Star, Klopp will be given a budget of £150m (I'm guessing including sales), so who would you spend the money on?

If we get CLfootball, we might see us spend 100 mill. We might get 40 mill back in sales mind.

Klopp wants 6 players appaz.

I know it's bull, but for the sake of discussion lets say it's true. With today's inflated prices how many top players can you get?

I know it's bull, but for the sake of discussion lets say it's true. With today's inflated prices how many top players can you get?

None.
Top players are unlikely to come to a club of our level unless they think we are going to be successful in the short term. I.e. They must believe that we can build a team by buying 4-5 OTHER top players.

That would require a budget of considerably more than 150m. If we spend 80m each season for a few years running we will start to become attractive. Or if we got bought by a sugar daddy.

I'd spend it on:

Starting XI GK
Starting XI LB
Starting XI DM
Starting XI Striker
A CB
A wing forward that scores goals

I'd spend it on:

Starting XI GK
Starting XI LB
Starting XI DM
Starting XI Striker
A CB
A wing forward that scores goals
Who though? When you start filling in names from your wish list, you realise that £150m isn't enough. A decent player costs 30 million plus. West Ham want £32m for Carroll. WTF!!!!

Kieran Tierney at Celtic looks like he's got all the attributes to be a top class left back, Everytime i've seen him play he's been impressive, he can defend and attack he seems the sort of player Klopp would love.

I want Coric, Aubameyang, and a top, top holding midfielder. I think Kante shows just what a wealth of sins a top holding midfielder covers for.

Who though? When you start filling in names from your wish list, you realise that £150m isn't enough. A decent player costs 30 million plus. West Ham want £32m for Carroll. WTF!!!!

Some of those my wish list potentially could be pricey, but other don't have to be. You can sign a decent goalkeeper and a decent lb for 5-10mill a throw. Pretty much any of the keepers in the league are an upgrade on ours and they wouldn't cost big bucks. We might need to spend 30-40mill on a couple of players though granted.

I want Coric, Aubameyang, and a top, top holding midfielder. I think Kante shows just what a wealth of sins a top holding midfielder covers for.

This. Maybe Naby Keita can be that player. Should do everything we can to sign him. Shame Bayern wants him aswell...

Yeah but after his performance this weekend I'll bet one of the super-rich clubs will steal him away. We should offer £12-£15m and loan him back for next season.
You think he will go for that little ?

I know hes only 16 but i assume he will go for nearer £30m purely because of the tremendous potential he has shown so early in his career

You think he will go for that little ?

I know hes only 16 but i assume he will go for nearer £30m purely because of the tremendous potential he has shown so early in his career
I can't imagine even the likes of Barca/Madrid/City/Chelsea spending £30m on a 16 year old to be honest but who knows. Sessegnon and Billy Gilmour (Glasgow Rangers) seem to be the hottest targets for all of Europe's elite so our chances of getting either are very slim.

I haven't given up hope on winning the title this year, because I am en eternal optimist (aka delusional). However, if Chelsea do win it, then we can tempt Kante to move to us with the temptation of becoming the first ever player (citation needed) to win a league title in three consecutive years with three different teams

The bamayang, if he goes anywhere, will fetch top top money, if not around the world record I'd have thought, so we can forget that. He's on pretty much a goal a game this season again.

The pressure of having to win a trophy after that much spend would be immense, the tabloids would love it when we slip up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom