• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

£75 million

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silver Sean

Very Well-Known
Let's just take a moment. A team just paid £75 million for Lukaku. £75 million. For Lukaku. The world has truly gone mental.

This isn't me bigging up Everton, they've bought well, but only really to cement a Europa league spot, but does Rooney even make that team?

I'm sure why people are having a fanny attack over the numbers. Sunderland got the same TV money for going down, that Leicester got the season before for winning the title - the money has gone up massively.
And regards to Lukaku, he's scored 20-25 goals a season for the last 3 years for a shit team, and had a considerable amount of contract left for a team that didn't need to sell. I'm not sure what isn't to get here? The guy scores a lot of goals, consistently. This isn't rocket science.

I hope this all goes horribly wrong for Utd. It would be nice if he kept fucking about with Pogba..acting like 11 year old giggling school girls after a loss won't sit well with Mourinho. They can have Sakho for free too - guaranteed 'laughs'

I'm sure why people are having a fanny attack over the numbers. Sunderland got the same TV money for going down, that Leicester got the season before for winning the title - the money has gone up massively.
And regards to Lukaku, he's scored 20-25 goals a season for the last 3 years for a shit team, and had a considerable amount of contract left for a team that didn't need to sell. I'm not sure what isn't to get here? The guy scores a lot of goals, consistently. This isn't rocket science.

Well done for missing the point spectacularly.

Lukaku is a great finisher. I'd rather United got Morata than him, frankly.

Lukaku is a great finisher. I'd rather United got Morata than him, frankly.
I'm the opposite. Lukaku is a great flat track bully. Part of me wished we got him when he was available from Chelsea at the time.

However i've noticed he goes missing in big games, similar to Phil. Morata is the opposite, shows up in the big games.

Anyways fuck it, we are getting Ascensio*

*may not actually be true. When i say may not. I mean isn't, its just a pipe dream.

He does indeed go missing and he's pretty lazy. The last bit is whats the biggest difference in terms of the type of striker that Mourinho has had in his previous teams. He'll score goals though. No doubt about that.

DEYB4fZXoAARhLp.jpg:large

There's more games and points to play for against lesser opposition than big games. If he gets 20 plus goals a season, which he will, they will be in contention. It's a good signing.

Hes a good player. But hes not as good as Zlatan.
So they have downgraded.

Im sure he will score goals but they havnt improved.

I would have happily spent 75m on Kane, so if Lukaku is going for that amount surely Kane is pushing inti the 100m range ?

And if thats a huge chunk of their budget gone then thats aces.

I would have happily spent 75m on Kane, so if Lukaku is going for that amount surely Kane is pushing inti the 100m range ?

Yeah, although maybe Lukaku's fee with add-ons is getting close anyway?

Certainly Kane's valuation - especially if he has yet another superb season without a Spurs - is going to put him in the wort of price range that would preclude all but the very richest clubs next summer

We used to have strikers like that.

Rush, Fowler, Owen, Torres, Suarez. We've been a bit spoiled really, but God I miss that sort of player

There's more games and points to play for against lesser opposition than big games. If he gets 20 plus goals a season, which he will, they will be in contention. It's a good signing.
And how many did Zlatan have even though missing the last two months of the season ? 29 in all comps I think it was. Weren't in contention then though were they. Their problems are more than just a replacement for one of Europe's best strikers. It's a formation/style issue with the players they have, as Mourinho tries to re-make United in Chelsea's image.

It's nuts but it's all relative to clubs new turnover. It now means that even midtable premier league clubs could realistically compete for players against big clubs in Europe. English clubs have a massive advantage now given the fees and wages they can not afford. It will also make the 'prem proven' players even more expensive / overpriced.

It's nuts but it's all relative to clubs new turnover. It now means that even midtable premier league clubs could realistically compete for players against big clubs in Europe. English clubs have a massive advantage now given the fees and wages they can not afford. It will also make the 'prem proven' players even more expensive / overpriced.
Imagine if the £ had not lost so much of its value after Brexit. The advantage would be even greater.

Yeah, although maybe Lukaku's fee with add-ons is getting close anyway?

Certainly Kane's valuation - especially if he has yet another superb season without a Spurs - is going to put him in the wort of price range that would preclude all but the very richest clubs next summer

We used to have strikers like that.

Rush, Fowler, Owen, Torres, Suarez. We've been a bit spoiled really, but God I miss that sort of player

Excluding Rush (which was 30+ years ago really) - we won absolutely fuck all with the other 4 just to remind you.

Hes a good player. But hes not as good as Zlatan.
So they have downgraded.

Im sure he will score goals but they havnt improved.

Bang on. If they'd have kept ibra too, I'd be a little more concerned.

Excluding Rush (which was 30+ years ago really) - we won absolutely fuck all with the other 4 just to remind you.

We'd probably have won loads more of we'd had a mediocre striker who didn't score many goals playing instead.

That's your opinion. My point was factual.

I'm not sure it's an opinion that one could argue with.

The central premise being that a team is usually better when it has better players in it, rather than mediocre ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom