• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

£80 million and better than Van Dijk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahaha I never liked him at Leicester, giggs reckons he can be better than VVD.

Only man u pay 80m for Maguire, if Utd had to sell today no one would pay more than 60m & only offer would probably be from City.

If we had to sell Van Dijk, We'd have suitors everywhere offering 200m

I didn't rate him at Leicester, or for England. His passing and technical ability is massively overrated. And he was partly at fault for Palace's first goal at the weekend. Think he'll do okay long-term, but they've been had off.

I rate him when he's on his game, but I do think he's been overhyped, partly because there aren't that many other decent English CBs around. He's VERY one-footed (left peg's just a swinger) and I haven't seen much evidence in his career so far that he's the defensive leader they're so desperate for down the E.Lancs.Road.

Only man u pay 80m for Maguire, if Utd had to sell today no one would pay more than 60m & only offer would probably be from City.

If we had to sell Van Dijk, We'd have suitors everywhere offering 200m

I dont think we would get over £100m for Virge, but thats just a consequence of defenders being undervalued relative to attackers, and the fact that hes already 28.
Maguire is a good defender bit Utd got hosed, if he wasnt English nobody would pay more than £50m.

He was absolutely awful for that first goal at the weekend. The other CB should have won the header but he was nowhere near the runner. Speaking of that game if I were a United fan (like Dreamy) I'd have been raging with Daniel James after he scored. They levelled in what the 88th minute at home to Palace and instead of running to get the ball and back to immediate restart he runs off with some Henry style celebration?

He was absolutely awful for that first goal at the weekend. The other CB should have won the header but he was nowhere near the runner. Speaking of that game if I were a United fan (like Dreamy) I'd have been raging with Daniel James after he scored. They levelled in what the 88th minute at home to Palace and instead of running to get the ball and back to immediate restart he runs off with some Henry style celebration?

I think you are harsh on the young man. He clearly tought he had denied Woy 3 points and I guessed he left it to the Palace players to hurry up the restart of the game.

I dont think we would get over £100m for Virge, but thats just a consequence of defenders being undervalued relative to attackers, and the fact that hes already 28.
Maguire is a good defender bit Utd got hosed, if he wasnt English nobody would pay more than £50m.

Come on bro, back to back CL finalist...captain of dutch side, ballon d'or nominee.

He's one of the very best in the world.

We'd easily get over 100m for him, it's just that few clubs have the money to afford him.

I get it, but it's a kid

Come on bro, back to back CL finalist...captain of dutch side, ballon d'or nominee.

He's one of the very best in the world.

We'd easily get over 100m for him, it's just that few clubs have the money to afford him.

Hes the best defender on the planet, no arguments there. But hes probably passed the point of his maximum value age wise, any club signing him this year at 28/29 would know theres almost no resale value on a 30+ defender and that factors into the price.

Hes the best defender on the planet, no arguments there. But hes probably passed the point of his maximum value age wise, any club signing him this year at 28/29 would know theres almost no resale value on a 30+ defender and that factors into the price.
Nah, that logic doesn't apply to this calibre of player. The only clubs with the purchasing power to buy him are the likes of Madrid, Barca, PSG, City, maybe Juve, and they don't buy with resale in mind. Just look at how much 34 year old Ronaldo went for.

Forget resale and age, this guy is playing in his prime and is the best...so if he went today he has to go for the price the best go for.

That's 200m+ in this market.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom