• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Poll €100,000,000

Prefix for Poll Threads

The Count Poll

• Yes

Votes: 33 53.2%
  • No

Votes: 29 46.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry but if we spent £75 million on the most expensive CB in the world then we definitely shouldnt be spending above that for a GK....

In relation to that I'd say highest we should go is £60 million or whatever that equates to in EURO.

I'd say Chelsea's keeper, Utd's keeper, and perhaps even Spurs' keeper are all worth more than any of their defenders. Utd's keeper is probably worth more than their back 4 combined. It is perhaps the most crucial position on the pitch.

Besides Buffon stayed, and we all know that any world class players will eventually leave Liverpool.

The bench respectfully suggests to Counsel that there are insufficient grounds for assuming things will always be this way. A club doomed to occupy such a position permanently could never have succeeded in signing van Dijk in the teeth of competition from Man.City and Chelsea.

I'd say Chelsea's keeper, Utd's keeper, and perhaps even Spurs' keeper are all worth more than any of their defenders. Utd's keeper is probably worth more than their back 4 combined. It is perhaps the most crucial position on the pitch.

But they need their goalie to win them games. Us on the other hand have Salah!!!! Oh Mane Mane..... Roberto Forminio... Er could even sell Coutinio!

We have same amount points and it's much more fun with us

But they need their goalie to win them games. Us on the other hand have Salah!!!! Oh Mane Mane..... Roberto Forminio... Er could even sell Coutinio!

We have same amount points and it's much more fun with us
I'd like to have more points than them. I'd like to hang onto the leads that our fantastic forward players have earned for the team.

The bench respectfully suggests to Counsel that there are insufficient grounds for assuming things will always be this way. A club doomed to occupy such a position permanently could never have succeeded in signing van Dijk in the teeth of competition from Man.City and Chelsea.
Counsel would remind the bench that it's the leaving, not the arriving, that bothers him. The point stands.

No.
I would look to get a goalie from the league who are used to the rough and tumble in the box.

Counsel would remind the bench that it's the leaving, not the arriving, that bothers him. The point stands.

As does the bench's response. Counsel's submission is based on two suppositions: (a) that LFC will remain permanently behind the very front rank of football clubs and (b) that star players will continue to share that view indefinitely. The bench on the other hand considers that both suppositions go beyond the available evidence and that this is underlined by the successful achievement of the van Dijk transfer.

I don't understand the argument for not spending big on a goalkeeper. A good one is worth spending big on, especially when you've a liability in nets. Utd wouldn't be second in the league without De Gea. Once a keeper gets established they usually play in every single game as well.

Most of you would have called for De Gea's head had he played that first season for us.

I've never seen Oblak play.

I'm ok with the 100m, let's do it.

If he's as good as reputed, then we should sign him. We have to get the best we can in each position.

Sure, its a shit load of cash and too much. However, if it locks down that position for years to come, then its value. Its been a problem position for years and I'm sick of having a liability in goal.

When Reina was at the peak of his powers, it made such a difference having a reliable keeper.

It would be nice to find a bargain/value for money, but there's such pressure on this signing we can't afford to get it wrong again.

What's that phrase?

A woman will pay half the price for something she doesn't need that is on sale while a man will pay double for something he does.

Ultimately GK is the key position that needs sorting out and we cannot afford to get it wrong again for the third time.

The problem is with fees as they are we could easily spend 40/50/60m and get another player not able to cope with the pressures of playing for Liverpool.

100,000,000 is an insane gamble.

I’m probably quiffing, but surely most have seen him play in the Champions League final. I hardly ever watch anything unless Liverpool is playing, but I saw that... every penalty went to the same side and he didn’t dive that way, I couldn’t believe it.

Anyway, the de Gea analogy works for me if Oblak is the right one... anyone here would pay that fee if it was de Gea that was coming back, so the fee is fine if we get the right one. But it’s a lot of money if he’s not.

No.
I would look to get a goalie from the league who are used to the rough and tumble in the box.

Cech
Courtois
De Gea
Lloris
Ederson

The list of goalkeepers at the top of clubs in the league who were not used "to the rough and tumble in the box" before they played in this league.

Cech
Courtois
De Gea
Lloris
Ederson

The list of goalkeepers at the top of clubs in the league who were not used "to the rough and tumble in the box" before they played in this league.

Fair. I could however list all our shit keepers coming from foreign leagues.

Then there's the question of blowing 100 mill on him.

Still a no from me.

Look - I know our goal keeping is not that great but come on !!! £100M for a fucking goalie ? - you are all crazy. Just look at some youtube clips from around the world and find a guy that is relatively good and shouts a little at his defenders and team-mates and we are sorted - probably less than 20M.

Name me one British goalkeeper from the last 15 years who'd compare to any one from the list I just gave you?

Good British goalkeepers are a fucking myth. Poorly trained, developed, and coached.

Doesn't have to be a Brit, just someone who have shown their worth here.
For 100 mill I would like to avoid the risk of another foreign keeper not being able to deal with crosses and a crowded area.

Doesn't have to be a Brit, just someone who have shown their worth here.
For 100 mill I would like to avoid the risk of another foreign keeper not being able to deal with crosses and a crowded area.
You realise they cross the ball into crowded areas in every country that plays footy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom