• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Betting 2012-13 Weekly bets

Prefix for Betting Threads
Status
Not open for further replies.
2.44 has gone and I've another £300 waiting at 2.42

-£1150 Brighton
+£784 Peterbro
+£784 Draw
Trading this back regularly at prices between 2.52-2.56..........bet now......

-£434 Brighton
+£311 Peterbro/draw

£30 Southend to win at Aldershot to win £83
£39 lay of Birmingham to win at Bristol City to win £25
£32 Chesterfield to beat Plymouth to win £28

Burnley 0-1 Cardiff....50 minutes played......£23 lay of Cardiff winning to win £60

£12 Tranmere to win at Preston to win £37
£20 Danny Graham 1st goal Sunderland v Everton to win £168
£5 Coleman 1st goal to win £240
£15 Blackpool to beat Brighton to win £52
£50 MK Dons to beat Scunny to win £35
£7 Stevenage to win at Swindon to win £50
£30 Southend to win at York to win £80
£5 Collins 1st goal Hammers v Wigan to win £200

Just won £550! Had a bet on Chelsea to beat Liverpool but cashed out before Suarez scored
Brilliant SO. Was that with Betfair?

I was at a friends watching it and wasn't going to bet on it; I rarely bet on my iphone even though I have the betfair app -probably because I'm ancient I prefer betting on my laptop. But when I saw that we were 2.2 (6/5) to win; and our midfield included Lucas, Downing and Henderson whereas they had Ramires, Oscar, Mata and hazard - I had to get involved.

I layed us at 2.2 for £175.

When we equalised I couldn't believe that we went to 2.46 (6/4) whereas Chelsea went to 4.5 (7/2) as IMO it was still a 50/50 game; so I stuck another £30 on Chelsea to win. When they scored again I balanced the amount I'd win on Chelsea or the draw and came out with a £230 profit.

This followed on from a £60 profit from my lay of City beating Spurs after they went 1-0 up.

Best part of £300 profit from a day i hadn't expected to be betting much certainly eased my king size hangover.

*For the record I don't include bets like these on my +/- bank balance of this thread; I only include bets that I register on here before the games kick off.

£25 Millwall to win at Birmingham to win £58
£15 Bristol City towin at Burnley to win £54
+£75 Morecambe.....+£34 Draw......-£63 Rotherham
£25 Yeovil to beat Shrews to win £25
£50 Bournemouth to win League 1 to win £175
£12 Blackpool towin at Forest to win £41
£20 Stevenage to win at Pompey to win £50
£30 WBA to beat Arsenal towin £120
Surprise, surprise £10 McAuley 1st goal WBA v Arse to win £490

Right I've cashed out of this bet placed on the 6th of this month for a guaranteed £138 on any outcome which leaves my bank profit at...............+£2090

-£65 Munich
+£70 Barca
+£50 Draw
This has been one of my major weak points this season; my inability to stop betting on European football. I don't watch much of it and hadn't seen Bayern play all season, also hadn't a clue who Bartra was at CB for Barca (and how useless he was). I need to make more of an effort to only bet on teams I know "everything" about.

Bank @ +£2025

£39 over 2.5 goals Blackburn v Palace to win £40
£99 lay of Brentford beating Doncaster to win £100
£50 lay of Shrews beating Pompey to win £39
£12 Brad Johnson 1st goal Stoke v Norwich to win £540
£25 Stevenage to beat MK Dons to win £80
£20 Fleetwood to beat Wimbledon to win £84
£3.50 McAuley 1st goal Saints v WBA to win £180

I'd love to set up a bet fair account or lodge a 100 stg into Pesam's account and get him to mirror his bets for me. You can 10% on winnings if you do it for me.

Amazing finish in the Brentford game
Incredible wasn't it. Both sets of fans experienced the full range of emotions from despair to elation (or elation to despair in Brentford's case) in 30 seconds.

I can't believe they let Trotta take the penalty. My girlfriend was in the lving room at the time and while they were faffing about over the penalty I briefly filled her in on the importance of what was taking place. When they said Trotta was going to take the penalty I said "Why the fuck is he taking it? They have 4 or 5 other players I'd pick before him to take a penalty". I wasn't surprised he missed. but then for Doncaster to go straight down the other end, and score thus win the league, was stunning.

I'd love to set up a bet fair account or lodge a 100 stg into Pesam's account and get him to mirror his bets for me. You can 10% on winnings if you do it for me.
Unfortunately I've tried this before with friends and family ILD and it doesn't work. Once I know that there is money in my account that is not mine it affects my betting, I become far more cautious and, even though I still make a profit, my over-cautious approach seems to cut my profits in half.

I'm up about £25,000 up in the last 5 or 6 seasons and because of this I have a very laid back attitude to losing bets because I look at my profits as "ill-gotten gains" but if I am "responsible" for other peoples money my relaxed approach is compromised.

I've even notice in the last couple of seasons that I'm betting smaller amounts since I started putting all my bets on here pre-kick off. I think this is because I'm wary that some posters might be copying some of my bets and I (subconsciously) am trying to make sure that a losing bet won't ruin someone's weekend.

I've done a few bets "off the record" (i.e. not posted on here) in tha last few weeks and it felt very liberating! I think next season I'm not going to list all my bets pre-kick off but I will nominate one game each week which I think represents the best value i.e. the "wrongest" price available which offer the best chance of a decent profit.

25k in 6 years off betfair? nice work!
Cheers SO.

About £25k, it's hard to be exact because over the years I've placed a few bets for others who have been looking to cover potential big payouts from bookies e.g. my brother, earlier this season, had a great accumulator which promised a payout of £7k if Sheff Wed were to win at Hull City (in a late kick off). I covered him with my betfair account for the event of Hull City winning or the draw so that he'd win minimum £2k on any outcome. Wednesday won, he collected £7k and gave me my £2k back.

So my overall Betfair account tells me I'm up £21,000+ but I'd say it's nearer £25k when you take into account a few situation such as above over the last 5 or 6 years.

£45 in total bet on either Morison orMcCormack 1st goal Watford v Leeds....win £200 on McCormack and £280 on Morison.

£11 Delph 1st goal Norwich v Villa to win £516
£20 McAuley 1st goal WBA v Wigan to win £900
£6 Brad Johnson 1st goal Norwich v Villa to win £200

Made £50 off Leicester beating Watford
I stuck £10 on Nugent 1st goal :)

I've reinvested £50 of my profit on Palace getting promoted at 9/2. Despite Brighton's good recent form there's very little difference in ability between all 4 of the promotion contenders so Brighton at 9/4 and Palace at 9/2 makes little sense to me.

I'm not sure what to bet on tonight so I may well leave it. Might have a small bet on the draw at 3.4 though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom