• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Betting 2012 weekly football bets.

Prefix for Betting Threads
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not complaining Whitey, profit is profit but it was my worst performance in many years and my springtime performance was abject.

I'm hoping to win a few quid on the Euro's but I'll start cautiously. I did put £800 on Poland to win the competition @ 50/1 at the beginning of the week because I, correctly, guessed that their price would come down before kick off today. I just cashed-out of the liability in the bet (at prices of 45/1 and 44/1) so have a "free" £3,800 runner on the Poles.
:eek:

It was with a view to selling the bet before a ball was kicked i.e I was not prepared to risk £800 on the Poles it was just a hedging opportunity. I sold the liability in the bet before kick off in their game and then sold the potential pofit of £3,800 when they were 1-0 up against 10 men; because they weren't overly impressive and I couldn't believe their price had gone down to 20/1.

I'm now in the fortunate position of having a +£190 balance on every team in the tournament except Poland (I'm +£600), Denmark (+£700) and Germany, Holland and Portugal (I break even on these teams).

After losing a shed load on the Euro's i'm pleased to announce that i've finally backed a winner.

Backed Super Mario @ 75/1 to be top scorer and layed off last night offering odds of 3/1

After losing a shed load on the Euro's i'm pleased to announce that i've finally backed a winner.

Backed Super Mario @ 75/1 to be top scorer and layed off last night offering odds of 3/1
Great stuff Kenny.

I've had a decent tournament but going away for 10 days cost me as I wasn't betting too big because I was in various Spanish bars and I didn't want to have large bets in-play without having immediate internet access to buy/sell bets as needed.

My best bet was laying Russia to win their group just before they played their final game; a £60 bet won me about £250............I nearly backed them not to qualify from the group at 25/1 but went for the more likely option.

I win about £100 on Italy and £400 on Spain. I might balance that up a little nearer Sunday.

I did fairly well following your bets last year Pes, I need to take advantage of the in-play markets next season though!

I did fairly well following your bets last year Pes, I need to take advantage of the in-play markets next season though!
There's certainly money to be made from in-play betting but it's more risky as it's easier to make mistakes in the heat of the moment. If you're good at calculating maths in yer head it's a distinct advantage.

I think next season I'll be betting on fewer games but larger amounts. I also need to show more discretion than last season; I went 4 or 5 weeks without spotting too much to bet on and I got a bit frustrated, in similar instances this coming season I need to be more patient rather than speculating on games I'm not sure about.

There's certainly money to be made from in-play betting but it's more risky as it's easier to make mistakes in the heat of the moment. If you're good at calculating maths in yer head it's a distinct advantage.

I think next season I'll be betting on fewer games but larger amounts. I also need to show more discretion than last season; I went 4 or 5 weeks without spotting too much to bet on and I got a bit frustrated, in similar instances this coming season I need to be more patient rather than speculating on games I'm not sure about.
I also only started laying in the second half of the season, where i made most of my money.

I found that i made the most of my money on Newcastle last season, they got me about £600 or so alone.

They've got Swansea, Wigan, QPR, Southampton, West Brom, Villa, Newcastle and the Mancs in their first 7 games, i'm banking on a good start and their odds coming down. *Please note the general rule should be to do the opposite of what i do when it comes to betting*.

I know very little about the lower leagues so if you don't mind i'll be sticking some wonga on a few of yours and Pesams tips.

I'm not amazing (I'm no Pesam) but I tend to see the occasional bet I like and spunk loads on it. If i'm not patient with it i lose everything!

Tempted to lay off now (they're at 130/1), but could drop even further if they can get a result at West brom.
Actually I must have missed your original post about Everton, that's a great bet, their squad is much stronger than last year.

They don't have a lot of strength in depth and keeping Fellaini, Jagielka and Pienaar fit is essential. I don't know much about their new signing from Greece but Naysmith is yet to be given a chance and he's very good.

Their next 6 games don't look overly tough and their price could come down further but it depends on how much you have staked. If it's under £10 I'd be tempted to let the bet run for a few weeks.

I stuck £100 on Liverpool to win the league @ 40/1 when we signed Şahin and were linked with Huntelaar. I'll leave it a while but if we lose to Arsenal or United in the next few weeks I'm screwed.

Yeah the fixtures are very tempting to let it ride mate (just checked and they're at 160 now).

I got LFC at 42/1 and the Chavs at 5/1. Very tempted to bottle it and get my cash back on LFC, but the chavs have already come down a point (i'm expecting them to make one more big signing before Friday as well).

Yeah the fixtures are very tempting to let it ride mate (just checked and they're at 160 now).

I got LFC at 42/1 and the Chavs at 5/1. Very tempted to bottle it and get my cash back on LFC, but the chavs have already come down a point (i'm expecting them to make one more big signing before Friday as well).
I fucked up on Chelsea, I put about £300 on them to win the league pre-season but traded out of the bet for a very small profit when their price came in a bit. I wish I'd have had more faith in my original bet and let it ride as I'd be sitting on a much bigger profit now.

If the chavs had a more established manager at the helm i'm sure their odds would of come down a bit more already. If they add another striker to the their squad i'm hoping they'll drop another half a point (at which point i'll be seriously considering cashing out).

Very tempted to dump heavily on Utd not winning the league. Also considering putting a decent amount on Swansea to get relegated, they've got off to a great start but i can't help but think they'll find themselves in a relegation battle as the season goes on.

If Fulham lose Dembele & Dempsey and seek to replace them with the likes of Kieron Richardson (who they're heavily linked with) then they have to be considered serious relegation candidates.

I got Fulham at 12's i think.

I'll also be dumping on QPR to finish in the top ten after they've played City this weekend (they should go out to 6-7/1

I got Fulham at 12's i think.

I'll also be dumping on QPR to finish in the top ten after they've played City this weekend (they should go out to 6-7/1
As long as they sign a couple of CB's during the window because Ferdinand & Gabbidon are as bad a pairing as any in the league.

Put $50 @ 17/1 - Multibet

BDoS6EmCcAE2syh.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom