• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Betting 3% Challenge. This time next year Rodney.......

Prefix for Betting Threads
[quote author=Pesam link=topic=26126.msg673816#msg673816 date=1221314212]
[quote author=Pesam link=topic=26126.msg673053#msg673053 date=1221257177]
Bank just over £160

£40 Lay of Millwall victory at Leicester to win £7.15
[/quote]

£98 lay of sheff Utd win at Derby to win £70
[/quote]

Bank at £185

In Play £30 lay of over 3.5 goals in Stoke v Everton game to win £7

A mixed weekend finished with a balance of £155 which was near enough the 2% target. Taking a risk tonight by betting the lot laying 0-0 scoreline because there is a lot off attacking players on the pitch and neither defence looks impenetrable. Possible win £10.70.

Edit: Got cold feet about above bet and traded out for a 50p loss. No bet tonight and will keep powder dry for CL games.

[quote author=livvy185 link=topic=26126.msg675663#msg675663 date=1221505834]
Oops.

I'm on overs for this game.
[/quote]

I jus wasn't convinced enough to risk my whole bank and the price was very thin anyway. Overs hasa chance in 2nd half, spurs have to really go for it and Villa will use their speed merchants on the break. I'll go for 1-2 final score.

Edit: Definitely in with a chance now Livvy.

Edit 2: Now 1-2 Well in Livster

[quote author=Pesam link=topic=26126.msg675632#msg675632 date=1221503770]
A mixed weekend finished with a balance of £155 which was near enough the 2% target. Taking a risk tonight by betting the lot laying 0-0 scoreline because there is a lot off attacking players on the pitch and neither defence looks impenetrable. Possible win £10.70.

Edit: Got cold feet about above bet and traded out for a 50p loss. No bet tonight and will keep powder dry for CL games.
[/quote]

£60 on Werder bremen victory tonight against Anorthosis to win £15.

£95 laying the unquoted scoreline in Man Utd v Villlareal game to win £10.50

Bank at £105.

£20 on Nancy to beat Motherwell tonight to win £10.20

Edit: Also £66 lay of Guimares at Pompey to win £10

Bank at £125

£38 lay of Liege victory at Blueshite to win £10

Edit: could go either way (2-2 at present) so have traded out - no liability or profit on draw or everton victory now and £6 profit on Liege victory.

[quote author=Pesam link=topic=26126.msg679795#msg679795 date=1221918704]
Full bank £125 on Liverpool to beat Stoke to win £31.25
[/quote]

Ouch, I've been cheering you on as well.

Is anyone left in the game?haha

I gave up over a week ago, after putting all my bank in on a single game and getting fucked over,I've clearly not got the self restraint to play this game!

Edit: I say 'whole bank' it was less than half of yours,Pesam,heh.

Still,though...

[quote author=Hardcastle link=topic=26126.msg680238#msg680238 date=1221936095]
Is anyone left in the game?haha

I gave up over a week ago, after putting all my bank in on a single game and getting fucked over,I've clearly not got the self restraint to play this game!

Edit: I say 'whole bank' it was less than half of yours,Pesam,heh.

Still,though...
[/quote]

Ironically last season I did quite well but my "regular" bets were not overly succesful - this season I am showing quite a healthy profit on my regular bets but can't get this 3% lark up and running. I am going to give it another go but won't burden the forum with it's progress (unless I win £500,000 and then I might make mention of it).

Started this again with £20 this month, but soon go tired of trying to get 3% each day, and so have just been making sensible bets as and when I see them.
This new approach seems to be paying dividends as after last nights football I now have just over £60 in the bank.
Looking at the Heineken Cup this weekend to further my gains!

[quote author=bryndaloo link=topic=26126.msg699213#msg699213 date=1224153026]
Started this again with £20 this month, but soon go tired of trying to get 3% each day, and so have just been making sensible bets as and when I see them.
This new approach seems to be paying dividends as after last nights football I now have just over £60 in the bank.
Looking at the Heineken Cup this weekend to further my gains!
[/quote]

You can still make 3% a day without betting each day. It just means that you're looking to win more than 3% when you do back a winner.

A piece of advice (take it or leave it, im not bothered but I feel sorry for some of the people who bet on this forum) for anybody who is still going on this/considering starting; you would pull out much less hair if you were to aim for 0.5%-1% a day and take the growth over 3 years as opposed to 6-8 months. Also, nobody doing this should be betting everyday, I think 5/7 days a week allows for much more selective bets (and better value), less stress and a more clinical approach (ie. less of a gambling mentality). I also think a cutoff layout is a good idea, something like 5% would be ideal so that if you do have a small losing streak it wont cripple you. Finally there are alternate bets to straight results, place betting and dutching IMO should be used more than 'to WIN' bets. Good luck all.

[quote author=Fallon link=topic=26126.msg699309#msg699309 date=1224166310]
A piece of advice (take it or leave it, im not bothered but I feel sorry for some of the people who bet on this forum) for anybody who is still going on this/considering starting; you would pull out much less hair if you were to aim for 0.5%-1% a day and take the growth over 3 years as opposed to 6-8 months. Also, nobody doing this should be betting everyday, I think 5/7 days a week allows for much more selective bets (and better value), less stress and a more clinical approach (ie. less of a gambling mentality). I also think a cutoff layout is a good idea, something like 5% would be ideal so that if you do have a small losing streak it wont cripple you. Finally there are alternate bets to straight results, place betting and dutching IMO should be used more than 'to WIN' bets. Good luck all.
[/quote]

So we shouldn't bet every day, just bet 5,6 or 7 days a week.

Every day / 7 days a week. Is there a difference?!

5/7 = 5 out of 7 not anything in between 5 and 7. IME when somebody tries to make an amount of money each day (or 1 bit less one day and a bit more another day to make it up) then they are putting undue pressure on themselves to find a good bet, if you say to yourself you have to do 1% each day without no matter what, then there are somedays where it just will not happen no matter how good a bet it may seem there is to be had. If you only have to do 5% in a week however you can take it nice and easy and get a bit here and a bit there on better bets, some of the bets in this thread have been ludicrous and I am sure that some of them are partly sue to trying to 'force it'.

[quote author=Fallon link=topic=26126.msg699330#msg699330 date=1224168857]
5/7 = 5 out of 7 not anything in between 5 and 7. IME when somebody tries to make an amount of money each day (or 1 bit less one day and a bit more another day to make it up) then they are putting undue pressure on themselves to find a good bet, if you say to yourself you have to do 1% each day without no matter what, then there are somedays where it just will not happen no matter how good a bet it may seem there is to be had. If you only have to do 5% in a week however you can take it nice and easy and get a bit here and a bit there on better bets, some of the bets in this thread have been ludicrous and I am sure that some of them are partly sue to trying to 'force it'.

[/quote]

But the 3% challenge is just a bit of fun.

Of the people who have a bash at it I know that me and Pesam are treating as just that - keeping our other bets separate.

Aye, but I believe with the right approach to it then there is no reason why it wont work up to the point of being able to put a few hundred out to make a hundred a day (or the equivalent to a day anyway) . I really do think that is feasible and if anybody here got to that level then i am sure that it would satisfy their needs.

I've started this 2 days ago with a tenner.

First bet was the whole lot on there being 1 or more goals in our game against Athletico. Won so I was 10% up.

Today backed 1 or more goals in Spurs game but only risked £4 & backed Schalke at 1.02 in play when they were 2 up. Both have won so I now have the princely sum of:

£11.57 against a target of £10.61.

I think I'll stick with backing 1 or more goals in games over the coming weeks as they tend to provide 6-10% profit opportunities at worst, which means I can bag my 3% without risking my whole pot every time. I'm really going for the disciplined, long term approach here - which means no multiples and no horses!

[quote author=Spionkop69 link=topic=26126.msg705295#msg705295 date=1224785990]
I've started this 2 days ago with a tenner.

First bet was the whole lot on there being 1 or more goals in our game against Athletico. Won so I was 10% up.

Today backed 1 or more goals in Spurs game but only risked £4 & backed Schalke at 1.02 in play when they were 2 up. Both have won so I now have the princely sum of:

£11.57 against a target of £10.61.

I think I'll stick with backing 1 or more goals in games over the coming weeks as they tend to provide 6-10% profit opportunities at worst, which means I can bag my 3% without risking my whole pot every time. I'm really going for the disciplined, long term approach here - which means no multiples and no horses!
[/quote]
Good plan Spion. Was an excellent winner last season as long as you avoided Pompey at home.....

Today's first bet is at the tennis. Radwanska to beat Petrova in play (set up and a break up) at 1.07. Risked whole pot of £11.92.

Also backed Federer @ 1.08 so the pot stands at a "massive" £13.80 which is £2.87 ahead of target.

The whole lot goes on England to beat Papua New Guinea in the RL World Cup tomorrow morning at odds of 1.02 to win 30p odd! It'll be worth it in the end.

If it wins then I'll put some on their to be 1 or more goals in the Man U game at Everton, and if that's a winner then I'll have done my target and more for the day.

EDIT: Both wn, although England were very unconvincing at the price! Balance now stands at £14.90 v target of £11.26. Will now look for another bet for the 3pm games.

Right balance is now £14.87 and I've backed 1 goal or more in WBA game at 1.08, to win £1.15

Balance is £16.

So I've risked a fiver on Garcia to win in the golf at 1.4 and the remainder on there being 1 or more goals in our game this afternoon at 1.11

[quote author=livvy185 link=topic=26126.msg707814#msg707814 date=1225057290]
Well done.
[/quote]

Ta Liv.

I've followed that up with the whole pot on 1 or more goals in the Real game at 1.03, which frankly was pennies for old rope! Followed by £3 on the New York Giants in play in the 4th quarter at 1.3.

I'm kinda going over the 3% per day thing but I'm not taking as many risks as I did when I tried this last year. Pot now stands at £20.80 against a target of £11.59.

I'm doing a slightly different version of this on William Hill except I'm allowing myself to do the odd double and treble. I'm aiming for 10% on that having started with £5. I'm up to £11.18 against a target of £5.48.

Yer a bastard Spion for starting this again because now I have to have another go!

I will start tomorrow with a bank of £100.

[quote author=Pesam link=topic=26126.msg708068#msg708068 date=1225102406]
Yer a bastard Spion for starting this again because now I have to have another go!

I will start tomorrow with a bank of £100.

[/quote]

Hahaha!

I backed a couple of bets before bed that were due in overnight (counting as today's bets!), they were:

England to beat Middlesex in play @ 1.4 for £2
Philly to beat Tampa in play @ 1.55 for £2

Both came up so the pot stands at £22.65 v target of £11.74 and so I don't need to do any more bets today as I've exceeded the 3%.

Bank is now £30.94 v target of £12.30 after having backed several tennis matches late on in play and also backed there to be 1 or more goals in various games.

Back
Top Bottom