• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

500 Wickets for Jimmy Anderson!

Red Astaire

Member Of 'The Toilets At The Harry Fan Club..
What an outstanding achievement! Well done Jimmy! Get's a stand named after him at Old Trafford and now this. Plenty more to come as well I reckon. He's got McGrath in his sights. :)

Brilliant achievement. What a bowler he is. If only Broad had anywhere near his consistency and focus England would have a better chance in the Ashes. Well, that and two more batsmen in the top four who can get past thirty on a regular basis!

Sad to see Blowers leave TMS, by the way. I love the programme but they desperately need someone else with a distinctive voice, a mischievous spirit and a sense of humour. Ed Smith is a competent commentator but I don't think he's right for TMS: he takes himself way too seriously, and rather like Matthew Syed he seems to think he's considerably more erudite than he actually is. (A couple of days ago he interviewed Mike Brearley and treated what he said as if it was the word of God; Geoffrey Boycott, whom he seems to despise, said much the same thing, rather more incisively, a few weeks ago and Smith brushed it aside as unworthy of his time.) Simon Mann is a bit dour, too, and then there's the terrible ego on stilts that is Graeme Swann, with his dreadful cod-West Indian accents and endless self-referential anecdotes. Maybe they should persuade Jacob Rees-Mogg to take up the microphone!

Blowers leaving is such a loss. Me and Doc commented about him before but watching him do his lap of Lords to a universal standing ovation was a joy to watch. Such a colourful soul who will be missed by my ears for every summer that I continue to watch and be entralled by such a brilliant sport. Annoyingly I had tickets for tomorrow and I was hoping I could make it to his last gig. Alas it wasn't to be. Enjoy retirement my dear old thing. :)

Andersons achievement is fantastic. And to top it off with a record haul was fantastic.

I think we will win the Ashes but mostly because Australia are so poor.

Awesome achievement from Jimmy. I thought for a while that Broad was in a great position to overtake Jimmy by the end of his career, but any thoughts that Jimmy is close to retirement look to be squashed and Broad is in a bit of poor form which has seen the gap between the two widen a bit. Really hoping Aussie wickets get the best out of Broady.

The Aussie wickets will be flat tracks mainly, with a bit of turn on days four and five. Which will suit Lyon who, as much as I hate the balloon headed tiprat cunt, is a very good spinner these days.
Perth will be bouncy and Starc will wreak havoc. Tough one to call...we *should* have a decent chance of beating them however I fully expect these cunts to ruin part of my summer

Back
Top Bottom