• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

According Don Balon, who are renowned for making outlandish transfer claims

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Astaire

Member Of 'The Toilets At The Harry Fan Club..
I'm just about getting sick of this cunt Spanish rag and the prefix that comes with every single story that precedes it. Salah to Real...... Salah to Barca.... Kieta to either before a ball has been kicked for LFC. Demebele + 60Mill for Salah! Fuck me! I hate the way the Spanish go about their business the fucking snide cunts.

Soz ... Rant over :mad:

Meh. Its much better to have world class players that every top club would love to sign than journeymen on massive wages we cant get rid of.

The same rags have spent the last 5 years announcing DeGea and Hazard will sign for Madrid. Doesnt make it true.

I've read a load of ridiculous reports eminating from Spain that Madrid would swap him for Bale and Navas. I'm fucking sure they would. Another one was Navas and Cebellos (the new Antonio Nunez) + 88m.

They can get fucked.

Meh. Its much better to have world class players that every top club would love to sign than journeymen on massive wages we cant get rid of.

The same rags have spent the last 5 years announcing DeGea and Hazard will sign for Madrid. Doesnt make it true.

De Gea was a fax machine receipt away from signing for Madrid, so yeah, that was true.

De Gea was a fax machine receipt away from signing for Madrid, so yeah, that was true.

I never believed that story. Theres so many holes in it its not credible. What billion pound business does urgent major transactions via fax machine? Ive seen too many stories from Spanish papers about how Madrid/Barca had a deal wrapped up only for some last minute tantrum or incompetence from the selling club to botch the deal. Its how they save face when they get knocked back.

I never believed that story. Theres so many holes in it its not credible. What billion pound business does urgent major transactions via fax machine? Ive seen too many stories from Spanish papers about how Madrid/Barca had a deal wrapped up only for some last minute tantrum or incompetence from the selling club to botch the deal. Its how they save face when they get knocked back.

It's irrelevant if you believe it or not.

It's irrelevant if you believe it or not.

He's right though. How many times were Barcelona meant to be unveiling Coutinho last summer? Yeah, they got him in the end, but people within Barca's administration were talking shite at many points through the saga.

He's right though. How many times were Barcelona meant to be unveiling Coutinho last summer? Yeah, they got him in the end, but people within Barca's administration were talking shite at many points through the saga.

Another made-up story that was actually true and obviously going to happen.

Another made-up story that was actually true and obviously going to happen.

Don't be obtuse Brendan. It doesn't become you. They told people to come on a certain day for an unveiling when Liverpool were still adamant that no deal could be done. So they talked shite. Which is part of the way that they operate.

Don't be obtuse Brendan. It doesn't become you. They told people to come on a certain day for an unveiling when Liverpool were still adamant that no deal could be done. So they talked shite. Which is part of the way that they operate.

Hahaha

I particularly liked the story that Salah has agreed to join Madrid. But has been told to not annouce it until after the CL final.

Ha ha ha.. Fucktards. Don Balon = Daily Sport. Just with less pretty pictures.

Would anyone swap Messi for Salah?

I know it’s never going to happen, but purely to amuse me, I don’t think I ever would, Messi is at the end of his career, no idea how he’d find the Prem either.

Would anyone swap Messi for Salah?

I know it’s never going to happen, but purely to amuse me, I don’t think I ever would, Messi is at the end of his career, no idea how he’d find the Prem either.
He’s probably the best ever and still going strong, so yeah I would. Hypothetically of course as it’s simply impossible.

No! Why would you swap someone, brilliant as he is, whose powers are on the decline, with someone who has every chance of gaining the Balon d'or, and being crowned as the best player in Europe this season? And someone who can potentially improve! Messi's powers are only going to go in one direction now whilst Salah's have every chance of going in the opposite direction. So no. Without hesitation. Messi has been one of the greatest ever, but arguably Salah is the greatest right now. Salah may be the best player in the world, or vying for that title for the next 5 years.

Last edited:
Agree. Would be a no from me. However knowing they come to steal him sooner rather than later maybe Messi is the best deal we can get.

He's not even in contention for the Balon d'or. Our guy's going to win the fucking thing. He's 30. He's on about 800 grand a week. Fuck no.
I think LFC supporters would be the only ones in the world that would prefer Salah over Messi. A player who’s scored more goals per most seasons than Salah’s best ever.
632 games, 552 goals and 212 assists.
45 goals in 53 games this season. Shit by his standards.

I think LFC supporters would be the only ones in the world that would prefer Salah over Messi. A player who’s scored more goals per most seasons than Salah’s best ever.
It would be something ... if Messi had done it in the PL. Very hard to if player not in PL and one makes such assumptions.

Isn’t that the whole point. Messi’s best years are behind him, unlike Salah’s - but Messi’s wage is based on all the things that he’s achieved that would have no relevance to the future.

Isn’t that the whole point. Messi’s best years are behind him, unlike Salah’s - but Messi’s wage is based on all the things that he’s achieved that would have no relevance to the future.
My point is he’s scored more goals than Salah in a season he’d consider below average.
And that’s not taking into account his absolutely rediculous skill set, passing and general play.

JM, I don't doubt that he's perhaps the greatest player ever. If this was Messi even 3 years ago there wouldn't be a conversation to be had. But I'm tremendously excited about Salah over the next few years. He's perfect for our team, he's humble and very much part of a team ethos. I just wouldn't swap him for anyone. Messi is 31 in a few weeks, and no matter how incredible his stats have been, and they are freakishly good, in the next 3 years I expect a massive drop off in his productivity and more debilitating injuries and niggles. Salah- well who knows? I see him as the big thing in European footy for the next several years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom