• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

the_khl

It's gone awfully quite on the Sanchez front ever since his marvellous World Cup hasn't it?

Still one of few players, along the likes of Hazard, Pastore, Martinez and Ashley Young, I'd love to see us in the market for.

Anyone heard anything with regards to his future of late? Binny?

He's still at Udine and should be highly sought-after I would've thought.

Exactly the type of player we should be looking at so here's hoping.

[quote author=spider-neil link=topic=43417.msg1243383#msg1243383 date=1294239073]
was he the one who handballed on the line to stop a certain goal?

dirty sanchez!
[/quote]

That wa Suarez.

[quote author=spider-neil link=topic=43417.msg1243392#msg1243392 date=1294239406]
opps! ;D
[/quote]

Haha. You should just have a quick google before airing you thoughts Neil.

i really like him... although he can hold onto the ball a little too much at times.

Whenever i watch Udinese it looks like a lot of his team mates have very little patience with him. However, it could be just the italians facial expressions.

Didnt Udinese slap a massive price tag on him?

[quote author=gareth_thomas link=topic=43417.msg1243407#msg1243407 date=1294240566]
i really like him... although he can hold onto the ball a little too much at times.

Whenever i watch Udinese it looks like a lot of his team mates have very little patience with him. However, it could be just the italians facial expressions.

[/quote]
Cheers for the info mate.

And yeah they probably did and whilst I having watched any Udine game this Season myself, he really impressed me during the WC so I kind of understand that. I know a great World Cup is NOT a benchmark for success at club-level but he's been getting some good reviews in the past too.

[quote author=KHL link=topic=43417.msg1244697#msg1244697 date=1294308058]
[quote author=gareth_thomas link=topic=43417.msg1243407#msg1243407 date=1294240566]

[/quote]

And yeah they probably did and whilst I having watched any Udine game this Season myself, he really impressed me during the WC so I kind of understand that. I know a great World Cup is NOT a benchmark for success at club-level but he's been getting some good reviews in the past too.
[/quote]

His decision making is pretty average ... but he has a wonderful knack of keeping the ball even though he is being tackled by 3 players.. His speed over the first few feet is insane and he has great balance because of his stature.. Id like him at Liverpool.. but i doubt he would add much to our squad at the moment because our problems go far deeper than an inability to take players on. We have enough players making the wrong decisions on a regular basis

[quote author=gareth_thomas link=topic=43417.msg1244700#msg1244700 date=1294308298]
[quote author=KHL link=topic=43417.msg1244697#msg1244697 date=1294308058]

[/quote]

[/quote]

His decision making is pretty average ... but he has a wonderful knack of keeping the ball even though he is being tackled by 3 players.. His speed over the first few feet is insane and he has great balance because of his stature.. Id like him at Liverpool.. but i doubt he would add much to our squad at the moment because our problems go far deeper than an inability to take players on. We have enough players making the wrong decisions on a regular basis
[/quote]
I agree but still when was the last time we actually had a player capable of taking on defenders out wide on a regular basis? Well apart from Johnson but he's doing it so much he's forgetting to actually defend too.

We desperately need insanely fast, technically shrewd and dangerous wide-men. In my opinion.

[quote author=Home and A Gay link=topic=43417.msg1292390#msg1292390 date=1298831820]
Scored 4 today for Udinese.
Must replace Kuyt.
[/quote]

4?!

christ. Fair play. i struggle to remember the last time dirk scored 2

[quote author=Fabio link=topic=43417.msg1292397#msg1292397 date=1298832123]
[quote author=Home and A Gay link=topic=43417.msg1292390#msg1292390 date=1298831820]
Scored 4 today for Udinese.
Must replace Kuyt.
[/quote]

4?!

christ. Fair play. i struggle to remember the last time dirk scored 2
[/quote]
Yep they won 7 nil.
He also assisted one aswell.Not bad for a right winger

This bloke's taking a shower when his little son walks in and asks: "What are those for?"

"FOUR?"

A class act that Sanchez.

Udinese are a top side.

For me, they play the best brand of football after Barcelona.

Always fancied Sanchez he is awesome and we should sign him up.

Yup, but there's no way in hell Udinese will let him go on the cheap if he does leave.

Some very interesting strike partnerships in the Serie A this season:

Udinese - Di Natale & Sanchez ... Di Natale as per usual cracking in the goals. In the past seasons he's scored 18, 22, 29, and 21 goals so far this season.

[quote author=Roopy link=topic=43417.msg1292495#msg1292495 date=1298850483]
A class act that Sanchez.

Udinese are a top side.

For me, they play the best brand of football after Barcelona.
[/quote]

I really really like the way Dortmund plays as well.

[quote author=Roopy link=topic=43417.msg1292522#msg1292522 date=1298869028]
Always fancied Sanchez he is awesome and we should sign him up.

Yup, but there's no way in hell Udinese will let him go on the cheap if he does leave.

Some very interesting strike partnerships in the Serie A this season:

Udinese - Di Natale & Sanchez ... Di Natale as per usual cracking in the goals. In the past seasons he's scored 18, 22, 29, and 21 goals so far this season.

[/quote]

Udinese play a 3-man attack. Di Natale and Sanchez usually flank a centre forward - earlier on in the season it was Floro Flores and now that he's left for Genoa, it's Isla or Corradi.

But I agree with you on the quality of their football, they're quite enjoyable to watch. They've beaten Inter, Juventus, Sampdoria and now Palermo in the space of six weeks. These are teams that are meant to be above or around them on the table.

It's amazing how Di Natale has never been signed by a big club. A cracking little player and will always remain a bit underrated.

[quote author=Akakabooto link=topic=43417.msg1292547#msg1292547 date=1298883736]
It's amazing how Di Natale has never been signed by a big club. A cracking little player and will always remain a bit underrated.
[/quote]

Juventus tried to get him last summer, but he chose to stay at Udinese. He's not exactly underrated though. His achievements over the past few seasons have brought him to everyone's consciousness and he's repeatedly proved that what he's done in the past was no fluke.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/story/_/id/874160/roberto-gotta:-francesco-guidolin-finding-right-balance-at-udinese?cc=4716

As celebrated as 'Toto' is, though, his strike partner Sanchez has earned himself the biggest accolades this season. After a good World Cup with Chile reinforced his status as that country's true 'Nino Maravilla' (Boy Wonder), Sanchez seems to have further improved this season. Having scored six times, he will probably eclipse his combined goal tally for 2008-09 and 2009-10 of nine, and his transfer value has rocketed into the rarefied air - where eight-digit sums are apparently thrown around so carelessly you wonder what is exactly the difference between €38 million and €40 million (it's two million, I know, but you get the point). It's a safe assumption that Udinese, having discovered Sanchez and nurtured him through the growing pains, the misunderstandings and the cultural differences, will sell him on for a huge profit and start all over again, as is any provincial side's want.

But why exactly is Sanchez such a coveted player? First of all, he can boast impressive skills with the ball at his feet, which are enhanced by a low centre of gravity, an increased toughness and a forward-leaning running style which helps him go past opponents while maintaining momentum.

He often shifts the ball from one foot to another while at near full speed, which not only serves him well in setting up shots but also helps him put defenders off balance and earns him free-kicks in dangerous positions, although, as perhaps you would expect, he sometimes indulges in theatrical falls after contact. As Udinese and Chile left-back Mauricio Isla noted recently in an interview, Sanchez plays deeper for his club than he's used to with his country, where they both form a dangerous combination on the right side, and this versatility is another of the reasons for his increased market value.

Guidolin is perhaps best known for his achievements with Vicenza in which he managed to win the Coppa Italia in 1997 despite being in Serie B. However, the astute Coach has repeatedly managed to get weaker sides to perform above expectation. Last year at Parma he kept the team in fourth place until week 17 before then finishing off in a decent mid-table position. Now at Udinese, his team are fast becoming the most attractive side of the league.

Despite achieving most of his success at Parma and Udinese by deploying a 3-5-2 formation, he is perceptive enough to know that shapes need to change according to the challenge. Indeed, he noted that Udinese’s best performance came against Napoli when they played with a 4-3-1-2 shape. During his time at Bologna, he implemented no less than four different formations but his ideas remain the same. Whilst he alternates between either a three or four man defence, his midfield is always heaving with a mixture of defensive and creative talent to permit his teams to impose their character.

However what makes Guidolin different from other up-and-coming coaches is his desire to extract the best out of each player and finding for them the perfect role to utilise their talent. With Alexis Sanchez touted as the next break-out star of Serie A, the club seemed unable to tap into his potential. It was only until Guidolin decided to move him into the role of a trequartista, playing him just behind Antonio Di Natale are we now witnessing the marvellous offensive game of the Zebrette - utilising Sanchez’s creativity to unleash the front- line. At Parma, he converted Palermo reject Davide Lanzafame into a vital component of the attack, scoring seven goals in 27 matches. And notably at Bologna, Julio Cruz went from being a feeble giant into a hard-working forward playing for the team.

Coaching triumphs do not come easily to Guidolin. His successes are largely down to the copious amounts of notes he makes on each opposition and the endless hours of preparation he does prior to each game. He studies the opponent and his players to find ways in which the strengths of his team can exploit the weaknesses of the opponent. The game against Milan perhaps illustrated this point perfectly. Aware of the failings of the Milanesi full-backs and Luca Antonini’s tendencies to stay out of position, Guidolin knew that only the centre-backs had the potential to stifle his attack. As such, he advised his attackers to play their offensive game on the wings and instructed Sanchez to occupy Thiago Silva, drawing him away from position to leave Di Natale with open space to exploit and only Daniele Bonera to deal with. As such, Udinese were the first team to score more than two against Milan this season.

Perhaps Udine will provide Guidolin with the stability required to encourage consistency in results – for that is all that eludes the tactical mastermind.

*toes crossed*

Udinese chairman Franco Soldati says a bid of about £25.4m has been made for striker Alexis Sanchez. The 22-year-old has been linked with Manchester United and Chelsea but Soldati refused to identify the bidder. (Sky Italia)

[quote author=Buddha link=topic=43417.msg1293865#msg1293865 date=1299135749]
*toes crossed*

Udinese chairman Franco Soldati says a bid of about £25.4m has been made for striker Alexis Sanchez. The 22-year-old has been linked with Manchester United and Chelsea but Soldati refused to identify the bidder. (Sky Italia)
[/quote]
pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease times INFINITY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom