• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Alisson Becker wins Samba Gold prize.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frogfish

Gone to Redcafe
Liverpool goalkeeper Alisson Becker has won the 2019 Samba Gold award for the best Brazilian player in Europe.

Champions League and FIFA Club World Cup triumphs with the Reds sandwiched Copa America glory for his country for the stopper last year, earning him of a series of individual honours.
And Alisson has now become the first goalkeeper to win the Samba Gold prize – selected by a combined poll of fans, journalists and former players – with 35.54 per cent of the vote.
He finished ahead of teammate Roberto Firmino, the 2018 winner, in second (23.48 per cent) and Thiago Silva in third (10.46 per cent). Liverpool midfielder Fabinho was fourth.

Never even knew there was such an award.

Well done Becker!

Who were the previous winners as I don't recall Phil ever winning this.

Love the fact that we've become a landing spot for some very good Brazilian footballers over the last few years.

From being a club which had never had any Brazilians to one which signed only the shittest Brazilians (Lucas, Doni, Cavalieri), this is a very welcome change.

Perhaps the next step is to sign the next upcoming Brazilian superstar. That'd be boss.

I know Gabigol was absolutely gushing about us during the WCC.

Love the fact that we've become a landing spot for some very good Brazilian footballers over the last few years.

From being a club which had never had any Brazilians to one which signed only the shittest Brazilians (Lucas, Doni, Cavalieri), this is a very welcome change.

Perhaps the next step is to sign the next upcoming Brazilian superstar. That'd be boss.

I’d love that.

The next Ronaldinho at Liverpool... swoons.

Gabigol linked with West Ham this window

You be torn to shreds in one of the forum I used to frequent for saying that....

Thanks to Klopp who had opened up the gate for Brazilians to see how football should be played. I think there will be a very long line waiting outside our door if money isn't the driving force for footballers to join a club.

You be torn to shreds in one of the forum I used to frequent for saying that....
The Lucas wars touched even these outer reaches of the LFC forum universe though the battle lines shifted here over the years as to his status. He went from utterly fucking useless to someone sometimes relatively useful (and of course, a dab hand at the BBQs). Naturally, we did have the 'you don't understand football if you don't realise Lucas is brilliant' brigade, but they were like a plucky band of rebels in this quadrant.

The Lucas wars touched even these outer reaches of the LFC forum universe though the battle lines shifted here over the years as to his status. He went from utterly fucking useless to someone sometimes relatively useful (and of course, a dab hand at the BBQs). Naturally, we did have the 'you don't understand football if you don't realise Lucas is brilliant' brigade, but they were like a plucky band of rebels in this quadrant.
It's not Lucas that most people have issue with as everyone recognised that he isn't total shite, respected how he conducted himself through all the adversities thrown at him, that I think pretty much what most fair minded fan sees him. Not great, but useful. The problem I think most people have are his fans, those that you mentioned - the ones that lecture football on a whiteboard, rather than play it on the pitch, telling you that you know nothing about his decoy runs, and him not chasing back means he is holding position to receive the ball when counter attack is on (hahahahaha).

Anyway, Henderson is far better than Lucas ever was. Even though the captain doesn't score any more, he still has it in him to hit a few when given a chance. Lucas couldn't score even if the goal is 100X100 feet.

I’d love that.

The next Ronaldinho at Liverpool... swoons.
Sadly, we picked a bad time to be one of those teams as Brazil dont seem to make players like him anymore, instead the best they produce is that faggot Neymar.

Excellent keeper. His gloves are like magnets. His saves, where he routinely hold onto tricky moving shots, take away so much pressure for us. Heaven and Earth from the fare we used to get from Ming and Loris.

The best keeper I have ever saw for us is Reina, but I can safely say AB is safely the best ever, and it's not even close.

Excellent keeper. His gloves are like magnets. His saves, where he routinely hold onto tricky moving shots, take away so much pressure for us. Heaven and Earth from the fare we used to get from Ming and Loris.

The best keeper I have ever saw for us is Reina, but I can safely say AB is safely the best ever, and it's not even close.

Keep the gold coming mate...

That’s Martinelli. And I think having currently the best, 2nd best and 4th best Brazilians in Europe gives us a great chance to persuade him to come.

Last edited:
That’s Martinelli. And I think having currently the best, 2nd best and 4th best Brazilians in Europe gives us a great chance to persuade him to come.
Martinelli looks great, but why would Arsenal sell to us? They'd ask 60 million or something.

Real seem to be the ones stocking up on all young Brazilian forwards - one of them will probably end up being good.

I also really like Gabriel Veron at Palmeiras. Reminds me a bit of Sterling.

I hope for his sake the prize consist of a face streamer, pads and Clearasil Ultra Rapid Action Gel Wash ... WTF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom