• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Alisson injury

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Klopp seems to say that it's probably a torn calf muscle since Alisson felt like something hit him from behind:
First Degree (Mild). This injury is the most common and usually the most minor. This injury is a ‘pulled muscle’ with a structural disruption of less than 5 percent. With a first-degree injury, you can expect to be back to sports within 1 to 3 weeks.

Second Degree (Moderate). This injury consists of a more significant, but still incomplete muscle tear. This a partial muscle tear and requires 3 to 6 weeks of rest and recovery before you can return to full activity.

Third Degree (Severe). This injury results in complete tearing of the muscle–tendon unit. A third-degree muscle strain can take many weeks or months to fully heal.

So Klopp seems to say that it's probably a torn calf muscle since Alisson felt like something hit him from behind:
So 1st or 2nd degree with the way he walked off the pitch. Out for 1 to 6 weeks then. Damn. But Adrian is a decent keeper and with the change in rules it suits his strengths (distribution and reflex saves).

A few of the journos are saying early estimate of 1-3 weeks, but we’ll know more after his scan today.

Out for 4 to 6 weeks..

Luckily there is a 2 week international break in that..

Steady Defensive partnership required.
We should revert to Matip VVD at the back for this period.. Experienced back line needed to cope with the change in keeper..

I had a grade three calf tear last year. I heard it and it felt like I'd been shot in the leg with a paintball. Would be surprised if he's back in under two months if it's grade 3 or the more severe end of a grade 2 year.

I know. You can't bear any weight with a complete Achilles tear. Even if partial tear you struggle to put any weight on it.

That's not correct, I completely tore mine 18 months ago...walked off the field, drove home and then drove to the hospital....you can put weight on it, but you don't have great flexibility in the foot.....it's bloody painful mind, so it probably is not his Achilles as he didn't look in that great a discomfort

Out for 4 to 6 weeks..

Luckily there is a 2 week international break in that..

Steady Defensive partnership required.
We should revert to Matip VVD at the back for this period.. Experienced back line needed to cope with the change in keeper..
Pretty sure he'd have gone to Matip for the super cup anyway. Think he'll continue to play Gomez against 'lesser sides' though.

That's not correct, I completely tore mine 18 months ago...walked off the field, drove home and then drove to the hospital....you can put weight on it, but you don't have great flexibility in the foot.....it's bloody painful mind, so it probably is not his Achilles as he didn't look in that great a discomfort

You're in the minority. I am a physio, so think I know this shit TBF.

Pearce reporting 4-8 week, dependant on how quickly he heals.

We’re signing Lonergan as a short term cover for reserve Gk

The club always goes for the longest estimate on injuries lately, so I think we'll see him back at 4 weeks, not 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom