• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Americanisation

Status
Not open for further replies.
The company I work for is always doing really cringey things like that. One time they had a whole alphabet and forgot a letter :sick:
This shit doesn't come cheap either. Some company is charging them thousands to put up shit that makes u want to seek the nearest bucket
Im pretty sure Klopp thinks its bull shit too

I hate, really really HATE, the expression "There is no I in TEAM", so I was delighted when I came across this :

c085d4acb6071b396402508ba4379236.jpg

While we're at it, what's up with that "... and it's LIVE" shit the commentators now say at kick offs? It's so dead and NBA-like

Why is this Americanization? I am not really a fan either, I think it is child like motivational tactics, but does America have a monopoly on that behavior? Maybe we do.

Plus, I always thought team stood for Together Everyone Achieves More.

Isn’t there a lot of evidence to suggest this type of messaging has a positive effect?

Isn’t there a lot of evidence to suggest this type of messaging has a positive effect?

I sometimes wonder if it's positive in an unintended way, like the staff banter about how shit and silly it is raising morale a tiny bit.

I sometimes wonder if it's positive in an unintended way, like the staff banter about how shit and silly it is raising morale a tiny bit.

Certainly an element of that but positive language and imagery can only be a good thing surely.

Nope. That would be the American spelling, to which they're quite entitled BTW, but UK English would indeed spell it with an "s".

That's actually not true. It is becoming common practice to use -ise/-isation in the UK and to equate the use of -ize/-ization with US English but in fact both countries used to favour -ize/-ization, we are just choosing to move to -ise/-isation here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ameri...d_spellings_(often_through_Latin_and_Romance)

That's actually not true. It is becoming common practice to use -ise/-isation in the UK and to equate the use of -ize/-ization with US English but in fact both countries used to favour -ize/-ization, we are just choosing to move to -ise/-isation here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ameri...d_spellings_(often_through_Latin_and_Romance)

We've been making that choice (at least most of us have) for nearly 30 years though. The "s/z" divide may not date from time immemorial but it's a real one now.

Still, an interesting point - thanks for posting.

It is no big deal but somehow I hate this stuff. Some overhyping marketing guy on speed trying to beef up the organization with wishy washy statements that noone remember when they don’t read it from print. Out club is built on real values and a strong bond between club and fans. And our fans are not stupid enough to suddenly start beleiving bullshit values created by bullshit consultants in a bullshit attempt to find a true bond between club and fans. I actually despice it as it is made up in an attempt to be strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom