• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Americans appreciation thread.

here is a proper list of good american stuff

Hamburgers
me
Chinese food
Clint Dempsey and Brian McBride for Fulham players
Sushi
Enchiladas
ME
Italian Food
MEEEE
the eiffel tower
and finally...
MEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

that is the list everybody whould be posting

I lived in America for the last 6 years. First 2 years in Nashville and the next 4 years in Austin Texas. Before I moved to Texas I was warned of the typical Texan stereotypes by a lot of people. But I have loved it here. I have found the people to be nice, friendly and helpful. I have loved every minutes I have spent in Texas.

I'm afraid the current president hasn't done much for the reputation of the Lone Star State, but my goddaughter's mum hails from a Texas background and I've had the privilege of meeting her dad once or twice. You couldn't wish to come across a nicer, kinder gentleman. The moral here is: beware generalisations about groups of people.

Texas is f$%!ing ace, chaps!

Great people, great weather, low cost of living, the most beautiful and friendly girls ever, great food, and a wonderfully silly mistrust of anything not Texan!

Brilliant stuff...

[quote author=Judge Jules link=topic=17199.msg573828#msg573828 date=1211218981]
I'm afraid the current president hasn't done much for the reputation of the Lone Star State, but my goddaughter's mum hails from a Texas background and I've had the privilege of meeting her dad once or twice. You couldn't wish to come across a nicer, kinder gentleman. The moral here is: beware generalisations about groups of people.
[/quote]

That speaks about life in general, to be honest.

When people look for stereotypes, they usually find it.

But when you let people be as they are, the results are often surprising.

The only Texan I know is a woman who studied Economics at the Sorbonne and then decided to follow her English husband to Malaysia where he was attached to a MNC; she then promptly studied Law as an external student with the University of London.

Not exactly redneck material 8)

[quote author=Avmenon link=topic=17199.msg576771#msg576771 date=1211435192]
[quote author=Judge Jules link=topic=17199.msg573828#msg573828 date=1211218981]
[/quote]

That speaks about life in general, to be honest.

When people look for stereotypes, they usually find it.

But when you let people be as they are, the results are often surprising.

The only Texan I know is a woman who studied Economics at the Sorbonne and then decided to follow her English husband to Malaysia where he was attached to a MNC; she then promptly studied Law as an external student with the University of London.

Not exactly redneck material 8)
[/quote]

Well, she can't have everything.

[quote author=viingx link=topic=17199.msg581369#msg581369 date=1211933022]
Wait wait, we invented football...and oil?
[/quote]
no I was kidding because we get our oil from out of the country and we barely play football.
were pretty lame :p

So do we........granted ours are powered by gerbil, but it still counts.
Thanks Thatcher you utter souless haggard cunt.

Ted Cruz isn't doing much for it now either.

Ive just returned from 4 nights in NYC. Great city, friendly people in general, easy to get around - a cheap underground system, are you watching Boris? - and it was clean. Much cleaner than London which frankly is a disgrace.

I also visited Texas again last November and once again, with the very odd exception, found it to be very friendly and engaging. People do care that you're getting a service, having a good time. Plus Texas is cheap. Austin is a great city.

One gripe, why is every denomination of note the same size and colour? This means that drunken Englishmen over tip!

Back
Top Bottom