• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Amir Khan...

IGotALuvlyBunchOfCoconuts

Very Active
Another over rated English boxer bites the dust...
Khan is still fairly young so I hope he fights on, but where to now for him?

Are all English athletes hugely over rated or is it just in Boxing and Football?

Danny Garcia hits like a TRUCK!

like Garcias dad said he has a glass jaw. if you have one of them you're always gonna struggle against the best. and you can't make your jaw stronger. hope he continues but needs to realise his limitations. all this i want to fight mayweather nonsense.

Oh yeah. My mates thought I was a cock when I stuck 30 notes on Garcia stoppage at 9/1. Fuck yeah.

Khan is a joke. He's done now.

I'm not sure I'd go that far, but he'll have a job getting his career back to the same heights and he can definitely forget about Mayweather, who would kill him on this evidence.

I'm not sure I'd go that far, but he'll have a job getting his career back to the same heights and he can definitely forget about Mayweather, who would kill him on this evidence.
the thing is he does have good hand speed and is a good boxer. but his boxing intelligence is awful. he made so many school boy errors after the knockdown. got up too quickly and rather than using his jab and move around the ring for a couple of rounds until he was back to full strength, he just went steaming in. he fought like a rookie.

the thing is he does have good hand speed and is a good boxer. but his boxing intelligence is awful. he made so many school boy errors after the knockdown. got up too quickly and rather than using his jab and move around the ring for a couple of rounds until he was back to full strength, he just went steaming in. he fought like a rookie.

Yeah, he definitely needed to cover up, grapple & lean until he was recovered. Instead he tried to prove he was up to it by going at him. Stupid mistake.

There's always a way back though.

They said Ortiz was finished after the Maidana fight, a couple of years later he's in the ring with Mayweather, he wins that and it changes the course of his career. Same with Cotto after he lost to Magirito fight. One big fight and your back in the mix.

He got caught flush, he was given a chance by the ref with the first count at the end of the third, if he's used is brain a little he would have stayed on the outside and just kept his hands up and steadied the fight, instead he got drawn into a toe to toe in the 4th, and didn't give himself time to recover from that big hit. Once he started trading with him though, it was only ever gonna end one way.

He does irritate me a bit with his big man talk but I still support him and am really gutted he lost

I thought his behaviour after the last fight was disgraceful. Hes a dick and not a very good boxer.
Hopefully he retires.

Khan, whilst he has some boxing skills will never be a top class boxer. His brain is non existent, he trys to be mister macho but hasn't got a chin - he can't do what people such as Froch do. Part of me think Froch is right he should just retire now where is left for him to go, move up a weight. Then he will get by even heavier shots, granted he will have extra weight but not on his chin....

There was something very iffy about what happened when the judges' scores were added up. Some guy appeared at the judges' table and was seen to fiddle around with the scorecards.

That was the Peterson fight, after which Petetson was eventually striped of the titles due to failing a drugs test.

He's said no such thing about fixing this fight. Don't see how he could!

I'm still yet to see a boring fight in which Khan is involved.

For that alone i like him and hope he carrries on.

That was the Peterson fight, after which Petetson was eventually striped of the titles due to failing a drugs test.

He's said no such thing about fixing this fight. Don't see how he could!

I know, Anita. I think the Peterson fight is the one which Oncy had in mind.

I said 'after the LAST fight' not this one. Not the one this thread is about. THE LAST ONE!
Peterson.

There's always a way back though.

He got caught flush

Let's have it right. He didn't get caught "flush". He got caught with a fine shot that lost 'some' of the sting on his shoulder. If he got caught flush he'd have been laid out, and wouldn't have had chance to do his Zab Judah impression (Amir: "Look at me, I don't need 8, I'll just bounce straight back up". Amir's Brain in response: Sit down son".)

For the second fight in a row he decided to talk about his next fight rather than his actual fight. The guy is a joker. Shouldn't have turned pro so soon. He's better at speeding and hitting pedestrians.

Back
Top Bottom