• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Andrew Flintoff - Retires From Cricket

Yeah, he's been kidding himself for years - his body is fucked.

Immensely talented cricketer who has been and will continue to be missed.

[quote author=Delinquent link=topic=41907.msg1175165#msg1175165 date=1284639720]
Time for Freddy to sail off into the sunset. In a pedalo.
[/quote]

;D

He's a captain again on the new series of a league of there own was great on it last time I thought.

He's high on my list of people I would love to have a pint with.

Top top player on his day. Gauranteed partnership breaker.
If he had looked after himself he might have played a lot longer, but it has to be said he's achieved a lot in the game. 2 x Ashes winner for a kickoff after a 15 year losing streak.
Between 2004 and 2006 he was as good as you would find anywhere in the world.

[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=41907.msg1175198#msg1175198 date=1284643225]
If he had looked after himself he might have played a lot longer, but it has to be said he's achieved a lot in the game. 2 x Ashes winner for a kickoff after a 15 year losing streak.
[/quote]

His bowling I found was under rated by some. Like you said on his day he could upset any batsman in the world.

Great character too.

[quote author=PepeReina link=topic=41907.msg1175201#msg1175201 date=1284643692]
[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=41907.msg1175198#msg1175198 date=1284643225]
[/quote]

His bowling I found was under rated by some. Like you said on his day he could upset any batsman in the world.

Great character too.
[/quote]I always thought he was better as a bowler than a batsman. He was very disruptive as a bowler, he didnt take all that many five-fers but he stopped momentum, and he was a terrific line and length and at the death bowler. I cant think of any other bowler in the world i would have given the ball too to JUST GET a wicket.
He was a dumb batsman. All the technique for the job but non of the brain. He found new dumb ways to get out every other innings. He still did a job and you would always have him in for his bowling, but its interesting that he came in as a batting all rounder and certainly went out as a bowling one.
And just as a side note, he was a very safe pair of hands. IN fact along with Collingwood, Strauss, Bell and Anderson we had an amazing fielding line up there for a few years.

He had the potential to be better than Kallis, and he was too for a brief while. I thought fo about two years running he was the number one all-rounder in the game.

It's a crying shame his career has not had the longevity that Kallis has enjoyed.

Back
Top Bottom