• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Anybody else..? (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whaddapie

No jinxy shit this time...

Am I only one who doesn't understand how we weren't done when Robbo tried to play for the goal kick, realized he'd misjudged it, knocked it back to Allison along the goal line, and the big, beautiful eejit picked it up?

How was that NOT given? And also, if given, what happens next? It would have basically been placed at the base of our goalpost, right? And we'd all have been lined up in the goal, toes on the line..?

That would have been some Keystone Cops nonsense! :D

Haven't a clue. It was a blatant back pass but since he was stood 6 inches from the line when he picked it up I can see why the ref didn't want anything to do with it

I don't know know the wording of the law but I think there's provision for a goalie to use his hands if he has to to stop a goal

We win 4 -0, and people forget the decisions that went against us, like the foul on Bobby which was a clear penalty.

aaah

The penalty for the offence is an indirect free kick. This is awarded from the position where the handling occurred, unless it is within the 6-yard goal area, in which the kick is taken from the point on the 6-yard line closest to the point of the offence.

I think robbo was trying to be clever to get a goal kick by flicking the ball hoping to catch the Southampton players leg and deflect out. Unfortunately it didn't touch the legs. Unintentional back pass is OK?

I think robbo was trying to be clever to get a goal kick by flicking the ball hoping to catch the Southampton players leg and deflect out. Unfortunately it didn't touch the legs. Unintentional back pass is OK?
Tgats what i thought at the tine aswell. Just looked like Robertson just tried to dink it off the Southampton player on the goalline but missed and ended up at Alisson

https://streamja.com/bo02

Both the keeper and Robertson should have knocked it out for a corner. Either the ref thinks it touches a Southampton player or that it wasn't a purposeful pass because Robertson was about to be challenged and was nicking the ball out of the way.

As a Liverpool fan, it's easy to justify the decisions yesterday and say that the penalty calls cancel out.

If I was a Southampton fan, I'm pretty sure I'd be feeling very hard done by.

As a Liverpool fan, it's easy to justify the decisions yesterday and say that the penalty calls cancel out.

I think then that they would be more than out of touch with reality.
Sure the scoreline in the end was very harsh on them but the reality was that there were two probably penalties not given, ours against Bobby being the more certain.
On top of that we probably missed a further three chances that were better than any that they created in the ninety minutes.
They were extremely competitive all game and the outcome seemed uncertain until Hendo's goal but the were not nearly as effective as us and that is the reason why the scoreline was as it was.

That was more of a tackle than a back pass. If Robertson wasn’t there, the Southampton player would have had a shot at goal

I think then that they would be more than out of touch with reality.
Sure the scoreline in the end was very harsh on them but the reality was that there were two probably penalties not given, ours against Bobby being the more certain.
On top of that we probably missed a further three chances that were better than any that they created in the ninety minutes.
They were extremely competitive all game and the outcome seemed uncertain until Hendo's goal but the were not nearly as effective as us and that is the reason why the scoreline was as it was.
Oh yeah, I'm not saying I would have thought Southampton deserved anything from the game, just saying in their shoes I would think that decisions went in our favour more often

it's what worries me about next year - everything has basically gone our way ... oh well, who gives a shit, we had to kill andy to get to #19 - and anything and everything will be sacrificed for #19

Only next year? Why not worry about the one after that, and the one after that? We haven't won this one yet and yet this kind of nonsense is going on.

Only next year? Why not worry about the one after that, and the one after that? We haven't won this one yet and yet this kind of nonsense is going on.

I know but I feel like this one is close to being done (based on last season and current season form).

Did VAR give anything yesterday? The person monitoring it was clearly doing something else on the job.

Oh yeah, I'm not saying I would have thought Southampton deserved anything from the game, just saying in their shoes I would think that decisions went in our favour more often
They did. I took a look after the match and thought I'd somehow ended up on BlueFume.

I have seen Fabs 'tackle' on Danny from multiple angles, from most it looks like he does just touch him, but there is one angle where it clearly looks like he didn't actually catch him at all - Danny stepped over his foot and stumbled as he was off balance. I wonder if that is what the ref. saw.

I checked their forum. 120 comments in the post-game thread. At first mainly on the non-penalty on Ings, some comments about blatant bias, but tending towards acknowledgment that we were better, faster to the ball once we got going, and that we had them at 60 minutes as they could not keep up the pace. What surprised me was that in all the many comments about the ref, not once was the more obvious Firmino non-penalty mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom