• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Are we spending 150m on Bellingham?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We all know Bellingham is signing for City and and Enzo Real Madrid.

What does the forum think of Azzedine Ounahi as our marquee signing? He could line up next to our other big budget signing Amrabat.

My American Kids think Mr Tayto sign looks like a Booger (Snot). They call Tayto park "Booger" park

tayto-park.jpg

He looks like Garth Brooks

Total games where I’ve by seriously impressed by rice is zero. Which is the same amount of the World Cup I’ve watched.

The price tag for Rice concerns me a bit too. His ability doesn't. He's quality already and has more improvement still to make.
I just don't see it. For me that's his ceiling. He's good. Like Noble good... but is not worth a penny over £40m which for me, he falls into the overhyped/overrated bracket.

We'll have to agree to differ then. Rice has the build and the defensive ability of the centre-back he originally was, allied to the kind of mobility which makes him a real danger when he goes forward. He doesn't make a big splash about it, but I like players like him who get the job done under the radar. I'd sign him in a second IF the price were right.

I’ve never heard of Amrabat before- that’s not to say he’s shit - but is he a player having his moment in the sun before disappearing into obscurity? That’s probably a decent debate - but the flag for me is - is the hype based on his WC performances or has he been “tearing it up elsewhere”?

Rice - yeah, there’s so much confusion over his contract - at £70m I’d buy - but at those £100m+ figures - nope.

I thought he was in the last year of his contract- but he’s got another year plus an extension.

Where he’s at, is the point at which he’s in a position to agitate for a transfer - it’s in West Ham’s interest to sell and I’m sure they’ll try to maximise the sell price - but fuck it…. We should be in there competing for him.

I like him - he seems to have a similar skillset to Fabinho - he can anchor the midfield defensively, retain possession and move the ball to the more “progressive” midfielders.

I think he’d be a solid but at the right price - he’s young, about to hit his peak, hungry to push on, has decent experience, home grown - ticks a lot of boxes.

If we’re serious about rejuvenating our midfield, we’d be stupid not to be considering him.

Rice is good, proven in the league and would be a solid signing and show intent.

Amrabat feels like, and I’m happy to be wrong, chasing after the latest shiny nice thing.

I’ve never heard of Amrabat before- that’s not to say he’s shit - but is he a player having his moment in the sun before disappearing into obscurity? That’s probably a decent debate - but the flag for me is - is the hype based on his WC performances or has he been “tearing it up elsewhere”?

Rice - yeah, there’s so much confusion over his contract - at £70m I’d buy - but at those £100m+ figures - nope.

I thought he was in the last year of his contract- but he’s got another year plus an extension.

Where he’s at, is the point at which he’s in a position to agitate for a transfer - it’s in West Ham’s interest to sell and I’m sure they’ll try to maximise the sell price - but fuck it…. We should be in there competing for him.

I like him - he seems to have a similar skillset to Fabinho - he can anchor the midfield defensively, retain possession and move the ball to the more “progressive” midfielders.

I think he’d be a solid but at the right price - he’s young, about to hit his peak, hungry to push on, has decent experience, home grown - ticks a lot of boxes.

If we’re serious about rejuvenating our midfield, we’d be stupid not to be considering him.

Rice is good, proven in the league and would be a solid signing and show intent.

Amrabat feels like, and I’m happy to be wrong, chasing after the latest shiny nice thing.
Whats the supposed fee on Amrabat?

I just don't see it. For me that's his ceiling. He's good. Like Noble good... but is not worth a penny over £40m which for me, he falls into the overhyped/overrated bracket.
£40m?! I posted a list of the players that went for this and above in the Summer. You can't get a carton of Taytos (Northern or Southern) for that nowadays. Any decent player, and Rice is certainly that, is going to be £50-60m.

We'll have to agree to differ then. Rice has the build and the defensive ability of the centre-back he originally was, allied to the kind of mobility which makes him a real danger when he goes forward. He doesn't make a big splash about it, but I like players like him who get the job done under the radar. I'd sign him in a second IF the price were right.
He'd be the perfect replacement for Fabs. A defensive minded player who can actually play football our way.

Yep. I'm with all of that.

Amrabat : the quoted fee is €30 or 40m (I forget which) and if he's leaving Fiorentina and no other Italian team is snapping him up at that price then that is a Red Flag. He's played great but not impeccably at this WC.

Whats the supposed fee on Amrabat?

I have no idea - but I don’t know whether it’s I flayed due to the WC or whether he’s actually a decent player or he’s Salif Diao 2.0.

If you are buying someone to replace Fab,s then Amrabat is more of a fit to the way Fab's plays and Rice to Henderson...
If we could I would take all three

If you are buying someone to replace Fab,s then Amrabat is more of a fit to the way Fab's plays and Rice to Henderson...
If we could I would take all three

I disagree completely - Rice doesn’t play in the day position, have the same skill set or do anything like what Henderson does.

Which is probably why Rice & Henderson are playing in the same midfield without - you know - being the same!

Bellingham replaces Henderson - that’s as obvious as the sun rising signifying a new day.

Then we find a playmaker genius to replace Thiago - that’s Enzo Fernandez.

That’s the mix.

I disagree completely - Rice doesn’t play in the day position, have the same skill set or do anything like what Henderson does.

Which is probably why Rice & Henderson are playing in the same midfield without - you know - being the same!

Bellingham replaces Henderson - that’s as obvious as the sun rising signifying a new day.

Then we find a playmaker genius to replace Thiago - that’s Enzo Fernandez.

That’s the mix.
I haven't got a notion, but I do spot the logic flaw when you say the fact that Rice & Henderson play in the same midfield shows that they are different & then go on to say that Bellingham is the Henderson replacement, when they have also been playing in the same midfield. I am quite sure you are correct, just your logic is inconsistent.

Please go and watch Morocco when they play next.

Amrabat is the real deal and I know talent when I see one.

In fact if it’s not for the English connection I would even be willing to buy Amrabat over Rice, if we had to choose either one.

Bellingham and Rice are good players but not worth those quoted fees. Only English journalists and some fans actually think they worth that much. Man City, by the way, bought into similar hype, paying £100 million for Grealish and look how many trees he’s torn up.

Please go and watch Morocco when they play next.

Amrabat is the real deal and I know talent when I see one.

In fact if it’s not for the English connection I would even be willing to buy Amrabat over Rice, if we had to choose either one.
What's the supposed fee? All these press connections but no fee is being mentioned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom