• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Armstrong is going to lose it all

Because he continually backed Armstrong in the face of all the evidence against him over the past 6 years.

Cheat or no cheat the most important thing is all the money which was donated to people in need. Of course he and others probably filled their pockets off the back of the chairty but still lots was given to charity which is decent.

Cheat or no cheat the most important thing is all the money which was donated to people in need. Of course he and others probably filled their pockets off the back of the chairty but still lots was given to charity which is decent.

Understand your point. but that's a seperate issue, Dave...

He's been an incredible inspiration to thousands, maybe millions... But he's also - possibly - the bibbest cheat / liar / fraud the sports world has ever known.

So what if he cheated? The thousands/millions still were inspired to get fit, start cycling or whatever else they took from his feats and that's all that matters. Outside of the quite small numbers of cycing fans I don't think most people give a shit if he won 1, 2 or 7 tour de france titles. The facts are he help raise millions for chairty and inspired a generation of people. Yes he cheated to win those titles but so did many others but the others did not raise the money his foundation did. I bet most of the people who are slaging him off don't give two hoots about the TDF. I am in no way trying to defend him for cheating I am just saying the money he raised and the people he inspired remains there.

Hence my "They're two seperate issues" comment. I agree with you, but this topic is about the sporting side of this issue.

I think he made a massive mistake with his comeback in 2009. That just proved his arrogance, he was presomptuous enough to think he was untouchable.
When he came back, he kept opening his big mouth and saying he was harrassed with all the drug tests, especially on his tweeter...
Im not too sure the WADA would have pursued the investigation, if he'd not come back and kept a low profile after 2005. It backfired badly, mentality had changed a bit in the peloton and there were new people at ICU. He talked too much, enough was enough, they had to make him fall.
When you think Ulrich was even a worse junkie, he must feel pretty stupid right now.
He got what he deserved

MADRID (AP) -- Five-time Tour de France champion Miguel Indurain says he believes in Lance Armstrong's innocence after the American cyclist was stripped of his seven titles from the race.

The decision to strip Armstrong and ban him for life for doping leaves Indurain among four riders with a record five titles.

Indurain told Radio Marca that the entire case was ''bizarre'' since Armstong never tested positive for doping. Indurain says ''it is strange they take away his tours because of the testimonies of some teammates.''

The Spanish cyclist says he expects Armstrong to challenge the governing body's decision, which it is based on a U.S. Anti-Doping Agency report that included testimony from 26 individuals.

You could have a good game of namedrop bingo with that dude.

Yeah I know what you mean, but Kimmage is excellent. If you've got the time and will, you should read through hsi cycling story and his work over the last 20 years.

He, along with David Walsh and a few l'Equipe guys have been the only constants in this whole charade, and the fact he's being sued by the UCI in the midst of it all stinks to the high fucking heavens.

Kimmage is what journalism should be.

I've shared a taxi with David Walsh (now chief sports writer for Sunday Times), didn't know his role in this at the time but he seemed reasonably rounded and fair when I met him, whereas I can only see instances of him looking at the story against Lance and not considering any other options.

Ross/FFF etc, feel free to call me naive, but until I see evidence somewhere that he has actually had these drugs found in his blood, then I am not going to join the bandwagon against him. Surely they have old blood samples they would be going back and checking for these drugs that they now claim to know he has taken?

The problem would be that he's had the chance to transfuse the blood so its clean, or had enough notice for it to be out of his system.

He's been clever enough to create this false persona of being super clean. You could go as far as saying the charity thing was also driven by the fact he knew he'd be found out by at some point.

This almost disproves all conspiracy theories. He couldnt keep everyone quiet, the truth eventually got out.

The problem would be that he's had the chance to transfuse the blood so its clean, or had enough notice for it to be out of his system.

He's been clever enough to create this false persona of being super clean. You could go as far as saying the charity thing was also driven by the fact he knew he'd be found out by at some point.

This almost disproves all conspiracy theories. He couldnt keep everyone quiet, the truth eventually got out.

This post could almost be about Jimmy Savile.

MADRID (AP) -- Five-time Tour de France champion Miguel Indurain says he believes in Lance Armstrong's innocence after the American cyclist was stripped of his seven titles from the race.

The decision to strip Armstrong and ban him for life for doping leaves Indurain among four riders with a record five titles.

Indurain told Radio Marca that the entire case was ''bizarre'' since Armstong never tested positive for doping. Indurain says ''it is strange they take away his tours because of the testimonies of some teammates.''

The Spanish cyclist says he expects Armstrong to challenge the governing body's decision, which it is based on a U.S. Anti-Doping Agency report that included testimony from 26 individuals.

This is a good point....While i wouldn't dismiss the testimonies, i still need proper evidence to back it up.

Armstrong made such a name for himself, that it is inevitable he stepped on some toes to get where he did.....What is to say the 26 people who testified didn't see this collectively as a case of comeuppance and felt it was probably just to testify against him. It's highly unlikely but it can't be ruled out....so therefore i need evidence to believe one side over the other.

This is a good point....While i wouldn't dismiss the testimonies, i still need proper evidence to back it up.

Armstrong made such a name for himself, that it is inevitable he stepped on some toes to get where he did.....What is to say the 26 people who testified didn't see this collectively as a case of comeuppance and felt it was probably just to testify against him. It's highly unlikely but it can't be ruled out....so therefore i need evidence to believe one side over the other.

Armstrong did test positive for corticosteroids in 2004.

The evidence of the US Postal Service Pro Cycling Team-run scheme is overwhelming and is in excess of 1000 pages, and includes sworn testimony from 26 people, including 15 riders with knowledge of the US Postal Service Team (USPS Team) and its participants’ doping activities. The evidence also includes direct documentary evidence including financial payments, emails, scientific data and laboratory test results that further prove the use, possession and distribution of performance enhancing drugs by Lance Armstrong and confirm the disappointing truth about the deceptive activities of the USPS Team, a team that received tens of millions of American taxpayer dollars in funding.

Indurain is a cheat too.

USADA collected nine blood samples from Armstrong between February 13, 2009, and
April 30, 2012. The WADA database, ADAMS, contains results from another 29 Armstrong
blood samples collected by UCI between October 16, 2008 and January 18, 2011.794
At USADA’s request, these blood test results were examined by Professor Christopher J.
Gore, Head of Physiology at the Australian Institute of Sport.795 Prof. Gore observed that a
cluster of five Armstrong samples during the 2009 Tour de France and his two samples during
the 2010 Tour de France contained an unusually low percentage of reticulocytes.
Reticulocytes are immature red blood cells created naturally by the body. When an
athlete adds additional red blood cells to his circulation by transfusing his own stored blood, the
body’s production of reticulocytes is suppressed. This is reflected by a decrease in the athlete’s
reticulocyte percentage. When Prof. Gore compared the suppressed reticulocyte percentage in
Armstrong’s 2009 and 2010 Tour de France samples to the reticulocyte percentage in his other
samples, Prof. Gore concluded that the approximate likelihood of Armstrong’s seven suppressed
reticulocyte values during the 2009 and 2010 Tours de France occurring naturally was less than
one in a million.
Prof. Gore also compared Armstrong’s blood plasma volumes measured during the 2009
Tour de France with his plasma volumes during the 2009 Giro d’Italia (the “Giro”). (Blood’s
major components include red blood cells, white blood cells, and a yellowish liquid called plasma.) During prolonged periods of strenuous exercise, such as the Giro or Tour de France, it
is well-documented that the percentage of plasma (plasma volume) in an athlete’s blood
increases and consequently the concentration of red blood cells decreases. During the 2009 Giro,
that is precisely what happened to the plasma volume in Armstrong’s blood—it continued to rise
throughout the race. During the 2009 Tour de France, Armstrong’s plasma volume also
increased over the first seven days of the race. However, over the next three days of the race, his
plasma volume decreased back to pre-race levels.796 This would not happen naturally, but would
happen if Armstrong engaged in blood transfusion during this period.
Collectively, the grouping of low reticulocyte percentage during the 2009 and 2010 Tours
de France, coupled with his unusual decrease in calculated plasma volume during the middle of
the 2009 Tour de France, build a compelling argument consistent with blood doping.
USADA has requested laboratory and collection information from UCI appropriate to
validate the accuracy of the UCI blood test results given to Prof. Gore. UCI has refused to
provide USADA laboratory data without Mr. Armstrong’s consent, which he has refused to
give.797 Had Mr. Armstrong elected to go forward with the American Arbitration Association
hearing, then either the laboratory and collection data required to verify the accuracy of his blood
test results would have been provided upon his consent, or if he refused consent, then he would
have been precluded from arguing that the laboratory results were not reliable.

In 2004, the French Anti-Doping Laboratory (LNDD) decided, on its own initiative, to
start a research project on stored urine samples from the 1999 Tour de France in order to
evaluate, among other things, the use of EPO during the 1999 Tour, as a valid test for EPO had
not been available until 2000. At the time it conducted this research project, LNDD did not have
any way to know or determine the source of any urine samples it tested. The results of this
research were sent to WADA by LNDD in August 2005.
On August 23, 2005, L’Equipe published an article headlined, “The Armstrong Lie.” The
article published six doping control forms pertaining to Armstrong’s urine samples from the
1999 Tour, and a summary of findings from LNDD concerning its research on these samples.
The newspaper reported that, on six occasions during the 1999 Tour, Armstrong’s samples
showed the presence of EPO. L’Equipe had been able to connect these samples to Armstrong by
obtaining Armstrong’s 1999 doping control forms from UCI with Armstrong’s consent.

The 2001 Tour du Suisse (Tour of Switzerland) was conducted from June 19 – 28, 2001.
Dr. Martial Saugy, the Director of the WADA-accredited anti-doping laboratory in Lausanne,
Switzerland, has confirmed to both USADA and the media that his laboratory detected a number
of samples in the 2001 Tour du Suisse that were suspicious for the presence of EPO. Dr. Saugy
also told USADA that upon reporting these samples to UCI, he was told by UCI’s Medical
Commission head that at least one of these samples belonged to Mr. Armstrong, but that there
was no way Mr. Armstrong was using EPO.

then add in the money and document trail and the testimony of everyone else involved.

I don't know how anyone can come to any other conclusion.

The final nail in his coffin was the testimony of his right hand man on the team through it all... He has no axe to grind. Lance made him rich and famous.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/05/lance-armstrong-doping-admission_n_2413443.html

Lance Armstrong Doping Admission Could Be Coming Soon: REPORT

AP | Posted: 01/04/2013 11:26 pm EST | Updated: 01/05/2013 12:26 am EST
r-LANCE-ARMSTRONG-large570.jpg

FOLLOW:
Lance Armstrong, Lance Armstrong Doping, Doping Lance Armstrong, Lance Armstrong Admission, Lance Armstrong Doping Admission, Sports News

AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — The New York Times reported Friday that Lance Armstrong, who has strongly denied the doping charges that led to him being stripped of his seven Tour de France titles, has told associates he is considering admitting to the use of performance-enhancing drugs.
The report cited anonymous sources and said Armstrong was considering a confession to help restore his athletic career in triathlons and running events at age 41. Armstrong was been banned for life from cycling and cannot compete in athletic events sanctioned by the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency and the World Anti-Doping Agency.
Yet Armstrong attorney Tim Herman denied that Armstrong has reached out to USADA chief executive Travis Tygart and David Howman, director general of the World Anti-Doping Agency.
Herman told The Associated Press he had no knowledge of Armstrong considering a confession and said: "When, and if, Lance has something to say, there won't be any secret about it."
Armstrong, who recovered from testicular cancer that had spread to his lungs and brain, won the Tour de France from 1999-2005. Although he has vehemently denied doping, Armstrong's athletic career crumbled under the weight of a massive report by USADA detailing allegations of drug use by Armstrong and his teammates on his U.S. Postal Service teams.
The report caused Armstrong to lose most of his personal corporate sponsors and he recently stepped down from the board of Livestrong, the cancer-fighting charity he founded in 1997.
Armstrong is facing other legal hurdles.
The U.S. Department of Justice is considering whether to join a federal whistle-blower lawsuit filed by former Armstrong teammate Floyd Landis. A Dallas-based promotions company has also said it wants to recover several million dollars paid to Armstrong in bonuses for winning the Tour de France. The British newspaper The Sunday Times has sued Armstrong to recover $500,000 paid to him to settle a libel lawsuit.

LOL at David Walsh and the Sunday Times taking out the 1-page ad in the Chicago Tribune.

God I'd love to see that cuntswab Armstrong get buried. but he won't, it's Oprah, and there'll be a half-hearted bullshit admission interspersed between 10 million montages of the cunt buying a bike for some orphan African or something.

a3gji.jpg

LOL at David Walsh and the Sunday Times taking out the 1-page ad in the Chicago Tribune.

God I'd love to see that cuntswab Armstrong get buried. but he won't, it's Oprah, and there'll be a half-hearted bullshit admission interspersed between 10 million montages of the cunt buying a bike for some orphan African or something.

a3gji.jpg

David Walsh was on the radio talking about it and you could tell he felt very deeply about it. He was busting for someone to ask Armstrong those questions.

Back
Top Bottom