• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Arse Scholes

Status
Not open for further replies.

gkmacca

6CM Addict
He doesn't really deserve his own thread, but anyway: ha ha ha.

10992160-6809913-image-a-7_1552582361218.jpg

Former Manchester United and England midfielder Paul Scholes has left his role as Oldham Athletic manager after just 31 days.

The 44-year-old took over on 11 February and was in charge for just seven games, winning only one.

Scholes said in a statement that he had taken the decision with "great regret".

"It unfortunately became clear that I would not be able to operate as I intended and was led to believe prior to taking on the role," he continued.

Scholes took over with the Latics 14th in the table, nine points off the play-offs, and leaves with them in the same position.

He began his reign with a 4-1 win over Yeovil Town, but three draws and two defeats followed prior to his final match, a 2-0 defeat by league leaders Lincoln City on Tuesday.

"I hoped to at the very least, see out my initial term of 18 months as the manager of a club I've supported all my life," he said.

"The fans, players, my friends and family all knew how proud and excited I was to take this role.

"I wish the fans, the players and the staff - who have been tremendous - all the best for the rest of the season and will continue to watch and support the club as a fan."

Im a bit gutted.
As an Oldham fan, I hoped that his appointment would see the start of something for the club. Putting aside my hatred for United, I always thought Scholes was a good guy, a top pro and the kind of footballer i wish all our players would be (in terms of avoiding the limelight and keeping it real)

He could have attracted some good players, and with time and investment perhaps moved the club on a bit.

Shame. Back to fucking square one.

So have I, if only because as I understand it (and the Scholes connection notwithstanding) they are generally no fans of ManUre.

He has the charisma of stale biscuit. I know there's been some dreary managers, but I couldn't think of anyone less equipped to deliver a rousing team talk than Paul Scholes.

He's very big in Delph. The village, not the player. All the taxi drivers there talk about him incessantly. So it's not all bad for him.

He doesn't really deserve his own thread, but anyway: ha ha ha.

10992160-6809913-image-a-7_1552582361218.jpg

Former Manchester United and England midfielder Paul Scholes has left his role as Oldham Athletic manager after just 31 days.

The 44-year-old took over on 11 February and was in charge for just seven games, winning only one.

Scholes said in a statement that he had taken the decision with "great regret".

"It unfortunately became clear that I would not be able to operate as I intended and was led to believe prior to taking on the role," he continued.

Scholes took over with the Latics 14th in the table, nine points off the play-offs, and leaves with them in the same position.

He began his reign with a 4-1 win over Yeovil Town, but three draws and two defeats followed prior to his final match, a 2-0 defeat by league leaders Lincoln City on Tuesday.

"I hoped to at the very least, see out my initial term of 18 months as the manager of a club I've supported all my life," he said.

"The fans, players, my friends and family all knew how proud and excited I was to take this role.

"I wish the fans, the players and the staff - who have been tremendous - all the best for the rest of the season and will continue to watch and support the club as a fan."

It's a fucking boss thread though :D

Arf. :D

Actually there's more to it in addition to the fact that they don't like ManU. When a so-called LFC "fan" was accused of aiming racist abuse at the Oldham player Tom Adeyemi during a Cup tie against them, one or two talking heads associated with the Mancs began trying to draw parallels with the then recent Suarez fiasco. Oldham then issued a statement dissociating themselves from those remarks and saying some very nice things about us as a club. I thought then and I remain of the view today that they went above and beyond in doing that.

When you realize it's easy to sit in a studio and tell others what they should be doing but faced with the actual task you understand how little you've picked up as a player in a 20 year career of having your arse wiped by a proper manager.

That and no doubt he doesn't want to be known as a shit manager so quit early. What did he expect at Oldham?, a war chest and a backroom staff of head hunted professionals.

My guess is Scholes went with heart rather than head in taking the job. He's a long-time Oldham fan and I suspect he was swept along by the romance of the idea, only to bump up against cold, hard reality when he actually got down to work.

I never would have seen him as management material anyway - too self-contained by half, I'd have thought.

Why did he even consider that job with that clown Lemsagem in charge? He must have known it was never going to work.

One strand in my incredibly complex criteria for evaluating public figures is: would you want to be the next person to go in the loo after they've just come out? Essentially it's the 'I'd give it half an hour if I were you' index. At the moment - and they've been there for several years now - Scholes is second only to Nick Knowles on that particular list.

Oh, 'The Class of 92'. The Arse of 92, more like. Gary Neville - when local rabbits were caught in the headlights, they could be heard laughing about his clueless performance at Valencia. Ryan Giggs - if you could bottle what he's got as a manager, it would be bromide. Paul Scholes - a punctured balloon would be more inspiring. Nicky Butt - never has a conjunction been more apt. What a bunch.

Why did he even consider that job with that clown Lemsagem in charge? He must have known it was never going to work.

Quite. It sounds like a shambles from the off:

The bill for the players' GPS training vests has not been paid for two years. The squad arrived at Boundary Park for Oldham's recent clash with Bury to find no team bus outside.

A row over non-payment led to a panicked call to Bury asking if they had parking spaces for several cars. They didn't and a late replacement vehicle was found. Other times players have had to drive to games in their own vehicles.

Days before Scholes took charge, bailiffs arrived at the club and took out a gas supply from the main stand. As a result, staff were unable to dry the kit. Players took kit home to wash and the rest went to a launderette.

It is thought the final straw was when he found out promises had been made to give defender Alex Iacovitti, signed on loan before Scholes's arrival, a two-year deal this summer. Iacovitti has not played a match this season.

The reality soon dawned on Scholes.

Oh, 'The Class of 92'. The Arse of 92, more like. Gary Neville - when local rabbits were caught in the headlights, they could be heard laughing about his clueless performance at Valencia. Ryan Giggs - if you could bottle what he's got as a manager, it would be bromide. Paul Scholes - a punctured balloon would be more inspiring. Nicky Butt - never has a conjunction been more apt. What a bunch.

If only they were as successful as our spice boys crew as footballer's.

Quite. It sounds like a shambles from the off:

The bill for the players' GPS training vests has not been paid for two years. The squad arrived at Boundary Park for Oldham's recent clash with Bury to find no team bus outside.

A row over non-payment led to a panicked call to Bury asking if they had parking spaces for several cars. They didn't and a late replacement vehicle was found. Other times players have had to drive to games in their own vehicles.

Days before Scholes took charge, bailiffs arrived at the club and took out a gas supply from the main stand. As a result, staff were unable to dry the kit. Players took kit home to wash and the rest went to a launderette.

It is thought the final straw was when he found out promises had been made to give defender Alex Iacovitti, signed on loan before Scholes's arrival, a two-year deal this summer. Iacovitti has not played a match this season.

The reality soon dawned on Scholes.

But didn't everyone know this BEFORE Scholes agreed to be manager? A North-West club mired in debt, recently relegated, with a spiralling wage bill and owned by a Morroccan player football agent who likes wandering into the dressing room and telling him what team to pick.

It's absurd he even thought about it.

Hahaha. Obviously not like a proper fan. Just as the town of my birth I have a soft spot for them.

If they still have that shitty plastic pitch from the '80s rolled up somewhere maybe they could ram it up their arse and fuck off while they're doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom