• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Arsenal the midtable club

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluebell

Well-Known
[article]
Arsenal can only afford to loan players during the January transfer window and cannot make permanent signings, says manager Unai Emery.
The Gunners, who signed five first-team players in the summer window, have been strongly linked with a move for Barcelona midfielder Denis Suarez.
"I don't know now his [Suarez's] situation but we can only sign on a loan," Emery said.
"We cannot sign permanently. We can only loan players."
[/article]

Kroenke is worth $7bn (much more than Trump), but it looks like he will bleed the club dry

Last edited:
Great to see. Also nice to see game winners leaving in Rambo and hopefully Ozil this summer.

Özil is part of the problem. The monster contract will be bad for them. Other that put in more and better shifts will demand the same treatment and it will all go sour.

I did assume Emery would get a decent budget to rebuild now that they've paid the stadium off, otherwise why bother hiring him? That Kroenke is a proper lizard.

Where does he say they can't afford to ?

Might be a thing if any of the premier league's top sides were splashing cash but Klopp has banged on about shite value in Jan window , just same thing reworded here ?

I did assume Emery would get a decent budget to rebuild now that they've paid the stadium off, otherwise why bother hiring him? That Kroenke is a proper lizard.
He took the job on knowing the financial limitations. Kroenke by buying out Usmanov, he has lumbered the club with a few hundred million pound debt.

Where does he say they can't afford to ?

Might be a thing if any of the premier league's top sides were splashing cash but Klopp has banged on about shite value in Jan window , just same thing reworded here ?

They have a strict yearly budget and they've spent it, that's it.

They have a strict yearly budget and they've spent it, that's it.

Yep, they spent fairly big in the Summer and it's not that unusual for a club to pull the purse strings in January, particularly when it notoriously offers up little value for money. I think they're trying to get a few high earners off the books aswell, but they need to start qualifying for the CL to get the money rolling in again, so in that sense I suppose they have to spend a bit this Summer, otherwise they're in for more of the same and I imagine Emery will get frustrated, unless he knew it would be this way for a season or two until he can either win something or get them back among the elite.

Just shows how competitive the top of the league is, if you end up on the margins then the money difference can suddenly become huge.

Lets hope Utd miss top 4 also.... more the fact they wont be able to bring in top drawer players without CL.

Lets hope Utd miss top 4 also.... more the fact they wont be able to bring in top drawer players without CL.

Myth.

They were signing huge names without CL footy. Money is the most important factor in attracting top players.

What constitute a mid table team these days?

5th is it? Ha.

We were mid table more often than not for the last 10 years so.

What constitute a mid table team these days?

5th is it? Ha.

We were mid table more often than not for the last 10 years so.
Thats not the point of the post. It's about where we are now. The owner has said the club, has to live with in its mean. He has saddled the club with hundreds of millions of pounds of debt when he bought the remaining shares.
We are where we are because we have a good manager and owners who have spent over £200m
Stan might look at spurs, green with envy with their . However, Spurs have players they can sell at a large premium in order to fund a transfer spree, who have Arsenal got?
At least AFTV will do really well out of this

Myth.

They were signing huge names without CL footy. Money is the most important factor in attracting top players.

But loads of players they were targeting turned them down as well.
Not getting CL will be a factor.

Continuing lack of CL will impact first of all direct revenue from TV, gates, hospitality sales etc. Then it affects the ability to negotiate top terms with sponsors. This will all impact the money side of the equation in conjunction with lack of CL footy.

Best explanation as to why Arsenal are in the pickle their in. Did not know that their UEFA FFP rules were impeding them spending money

A club's presence in the CL for the immediate season is not imo a big factor.

What is important is where the player sees the club over the next few seasons.

That's where money comes in. No one expected Leicester to repeat its title winning exploits. However, once the Arabs took over City everyone knew they were going to be CL regulars.

Clubs like Arsenal, Liverpool and Spurs are not paupers but they don't shit cash either so regular CL is critical. Once Arsenal miss the CL for 5-10 seasons they'll essentially be a mid table club. (We were once). Hopefully 1 decade more and that's where Utd will be too.

Continuing lack of CL will impact first of all direct revenue from TV, gates, hospitality sales etc. Then it affects the ability to negotiate top terms with sponsors. This will all impact the money side of the equation in conjunction with lack of CL footy.

You have used impact as a verb twice in one tweet. For the love of Fowler, man!

I think I am slowly being indoctrinated at work where the current marketing seems to be 'make an impact that matters'

i'm off to have a cold shower.
making an impact is fine. Being impacted by something is the devil's work. Go and have a nice lie down. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom