• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Arthur Melo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Curtis is just as lacking in match fitness. Can't see past any line up other than Milner, Fabs & Elliot for Sat.

Yeah, you're probably right. Curtis is a better fit at LCM though, but well short of match fitness.

Haven't seen him much.

Seems a bit slow, unathletic and takes too many touches, but you don't play for Brazil, Barca and Juventus without having some talent, so here's hoping it clicks for him here.

All money is clearly getting saved for Bellingham, but it does raise long term questions about how we replace Keita, Chamberlain and Milner.

This smacks of a despairing punt of a signing because the lizards will not release funds.

We needed a midfielder this year. Ideally 24, on the cusp of big man tings. Someone who could play DM in a pinch, but generally a solid cm.

If we don't get Luiz (who only ticks a few boxes) alongside this Arthur cunt, it's mismanagement on a ridiculous level

We needed a midfielder this year. Ideally 24, on the cusp of big man tings. Someone who could play DM in a pinch, but generally a solid cm.

If we don't get Luiz (who only ticks a few boxes) alongside this Arthur cunt, it's mismanagement on a ridiculous level
Yeah we should get both

My lad says :

Yea I really like him
I wanted us to sign him ages ago
He's played for Barca and juventus
A short box to box midfielder with great long range passing
And good dribbling
A short xabi Alonso with iniesta dribbling

On that basis I'm all in.

Still leaves us needing at least two CMs in Jan/ next year but at least it means we are adding a CM *now*. Might be a shame for this season to see Luiz at Arsenal, probably a dependable squad player for a top team at a good price allowing more funds on other players.

Surely we can find 20m from someone to try and get him?

https://juventusanalysis.com/analysis/arthur-melo-2021-22-juventus-stats

21/22 CL stats:

1-2.png
2-1.png
3-1.png

Older article prior to his Juve more here: https://totalfootballanalysis.com/a...ventus-scout-report-tactical-analysis-tactics

Reading through some comments on this and the Barca and Juventus fans are pretty damning of him and his attitude.

Misses games for stupid shit, going off snowboarding when injured, apparently one was an STD, partying with Neymar before El Classico and returning back injured, drink driving, etc.

In terms of play style -

Weaknesses: Lacks stamina, an adversion to passing the ball forwards, no vision, injury prone.

Strengths — Press resistant, maintains possession well and has reasonable positioning.

I'm ready to approach this with some pretty low expectations and anything we get is a bonus. If he can do Ginis job whilst staying fit then I'll be happy enough.

Feels like another Shaq signing. Talented player, spent time at top clubs, never held down a starting position through a combination of frequent injury and being a weird cunt.

I know nothing about him. But I'd rather loan him than panic buy someone. Possibly wasting £20-30m on someone we might be desperate to offload next year. Especially if we have someone lined up next season who is potentially a generational talent (which the club seems to think Bellingham is).

We have a shit load of Brazilians in the team, and even Taffarel in the coaching staff, so we'll know about his personality / attitude etc., so there's minimal risk there.

Obviously we should have got someone elite earlier in the window, but we can't fix that now.

Feels like we’re signing a Thiago backup here when we actually need the legs of Milner, Gini and Hendo from a few years ago replacing. Be interesting to see if two players come in.

Feels like we’re signing a Thiago backup here when we actually need the legs of Milner, Gini and Hendo from a few years ago replacing. Be interesting to see if two players come in.
Take a look at the video BB posted on P1 of this thread. There doesn't seem to be any issues at all regarding stamina, pace, etc. he's 7/10 or 8/10 on all those metrics (and yeah, 9/10 for passing). He seems like a backup to both Thiago and Hendo and it's nice to see we've been tracking him for a while.

Going from Luiz to Melo to me feels like going from an oven ready brexit deal.. to reality.
Tells me that we either have money allocated to sign a very expensive midfielder (Bellingham) or we're skint and can't afford buying Luiz.

Apparently, Villa are adamant they won't sell Luiz. Could just be a case of us thinking can't deal with this difficult shit on the last day of the window, let's get someone on loan.

Stole this from Reddit, posted in November before this loan move was even a twitch in daddy Jurgans nut sack:

Can Klopp extract Arthur's talent?

Football journalist Mina Rzouki on Sky Sports News:
"I’m not sure whether Arthur Melo is more of a body they’re bringing in right now. For a lot of us when we watched him grow at Barcelona and then move to Juventus, we were really excited for him to come.
"You can see the potential, you can see the brilliance, but then there’s a part of you that thinks it’s never come to fruition or shown on a consistent level.
"He’s had fights with coaches who have not been able to see eye to eye with him on a tactical level, not because he’s not professional, but he ahs something in his head that he wants to achieve.
"He thinks ‘I want to deliver a direct ball’. But what if there isn’t the opportunity? Can you be flexible enough in your midfield to be able to say ‘right now, the team needs me to do this’. He doesn’t make those decisions very effectively, which is what really angered Andrea Pirlo, for example.
"I’m interested to see whether we can see that potential extracted by Jurgen Klopp because we know that he’s a magician at that."

If klopp hugs make him less shit, it just means we'll have to pay more out next year. If it's a loan, I'd rather it be a loan to buy if we fancy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom