• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Atletico Madrid v Liverpool - Match Thread - CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Said in the pre match thread that these are cunts to play against and a weak ref falls for their shithousery.
Hopefully we get a better one in the 2nd leg.
And an early goal.

Fabs, Wini were especially shite tonite

Untidy. Ok half time 1 down. AM was technically good team. Disciplined.. But nasty and niggly disruptive.

Really don't understand why Keita wasn't given a chance.

He gives the ball away too often trying stuff. Ox at least keeps it simple most of the time. This game a gamble for kieta, which was too much for this atmosphere.

That ref was fucking atrocious.

We were well below average, but it didn't help that Atleti players knew they could throw themselves on the ground and get a decision every time, or conversely manhandle our boys and get away with it

He gives the ball away too often trying stuff. Ox at least keeps it simple most of the time. This game a gamble for kieta, which was too much for this atmosphere.

Ox has been fit for awhile now and he has been given chances to play. If this is his level, I'm not impressed. Keita offers alot more penetration in attack imo.

Dont worry lads, remember what i said before, our boys can use europe as the place to take a defeat dump and have some release. Allah willing this little incident will not stop our progress.

Untidy. Ok half time 1 down. AM was technically good team. Disciplined.. But nasty and niggly disruptive.

We should have created some better chances in the first 20 mins when we blitz the ball around. TAA had good looks but delivered nothing.

Ox has been fit for awhile now and he has been given chances to play. If this is his level, I'm not impressed. Keita offers alot more penetration in attack imo.

The penetration comes at cost, that’s why it’s a gamble. His long term future has to come into question when you are overlooked in this type of game.

Said in the pre match thread that these are cunts to play against and a weak ref falls for their shithousery.
Hopefully we get a better one in the 2nd leg.
And an early goal.

Fabs, Wini were especially shite tonite
I'm looking forward to seeing the stats to dispute that. Fabs got his foot in / won the ball back an awful lot and he seemed to be one of our better players on the night pushing us forward. Gini invisible though - as we thought he may be before the match, he was off last game too.

Last edited:
The penetration comes at cost, that’s why it’s a gamble. His long term future has to come into question when you are overlooked in this type of game.

We kept our midfield 3 and threw on Ox who was ineffective as usual. Keita would have offered more.

I'm looking forward to seeing the stats to dispute that. Fabs got his foot in / won the ball back and awful lot and he seemed to be one of our better players on the night pushing us forward. Gini invisible though - as we thought he may be before the match, he was off last game too.

Fab was good. Gini and Hendo offered nothing. Hendo was out battled and whining at every call. Gini was just shit house.

Our formation didn't suit the game and that's why we lost. 433 doesn't work always away in Europe

Have to say WTF Klopp though. Why was Mane taken off ? Because of the yellow ? Injury ? Why was Mo taken off ? I thought he was causing them problems. Why didn't Keita start ? It was clear that we lacked creativity against such a defence. Why was Ox and then Milner brought on ? Not Keita when trying to break them down. Ox was not going to retain the possession around their 18m that we needed to create something.

One of the rare occasions Klopp's messed it up I feel but if there is one weakness in Klopp it's away from home in Europe where he frequently starts with too defensive a lineup ends up having to chase the game, and usually fails to recover.

Have to say WTF Klopp though. Why was Mane taken off ? Because of the yellow ? Injury ? Why was Mo taken off ? I thought he was causing them problems. Why didn't Keita start ? It was clear that we lacked creativity against such a defence. Why was Ox and then Milner brought on ? Not Keita when trying to break them down. Ox was not going to retain the possession around their 18m that we needed to create something.

One of the rare occasions Klopp's messed it up I feel but if there is one weakness in Klopp it's away from home in Europe where he frequently starts with too defensive a lineup ends up having to chase the game, and usually fails to recover.

Mane was 1 foul away from a red. The way he plays the game coupled with the whistle happy ref we had tonight it's a reasonable call to bring him off.

He didn't mess up, he's got a plethora of "ok" options, any one of them could have done the same when coming on. You act like Keita is this proven match winner, he's just as much a gamble as Milner or Ox.

What's his goals and assists record, compared Milner and Ox btw? So yeah, it's not such a terrible decision.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom