• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Aussie Open

jon545660

don't make me get the hose...
Cracking semi on right now between Murray and Federer. Murray in front 2 sets to 1.

Murray has never beaten The Fed in a grand slam.

Fed never fails to pull more energy from some dark recess when on the ropes, it's incredible.

Murray has a real chance this set but I fear Fed will make a comeback & make it a real fight again.

Glad to be proved wrong.

Murray needs more experience in tie breaks, when he starts winning those consistently & keeps his head up on set points he should regularly win grand slams.

Murray was very strong in the 5th and pretty much blew Federer away. Looking forward to the final against Djokovic on Sunday. Starts 8.30am UK time I think.

It does indeed.

I've offered to let bex have a lie in & get up with the kids. Get to watch it & get brownie points. Kerching!

He's back to being British again. Yay!

Around midday Sunday, I foresee that he will be another Scottish loser ;)

Pretty incredible that he's been in 3 straight slam finals now with an Olympic gold to go with it. Murray is very much at the top table now. He let Fed back into it, but Murray was by far the better player today. Some of his tennis was awesome, and at times he bullied Fed. The worm has turned, big style.

He's gotta be favorite, but Murray should give him a helluva game in the form he's in.

If I had to put money on it wouldn't be on Murray, but I'll be going her wins anyway.

His form of late is helping me to rub a few people's noses in it.

He's gotta be favorite, but Murray should give him a helluva game in the form he's in.

If I had to put money on it wouldn't be on Murray, but I'll be going her wins anyway.

His form of late is helping me to rub a few people's noses in it.

I think that's a fair analysis. A lot has been said about Djok's imperious semi-final performance, but you can be damned sure he wouldn't have won so convincingly if Fed or Murray had been on the other side of the net. The extra day's recovery could prove crucial, but Murray hasn't actually played that many sets cumulatively over the tournament, so he has every chance of being relatively fresh. Indeed, he won so many of his own service game relatively easily, and with his serve working so well it wasn't a match were every point and game developed into a marathon battle.

I can't remember Murray ever hitting so many winners. If he is as accurate as was against Fed he could easily win it. Djok is rightly the favourite, but I wouldn't be surprised if Murray wins, not in the slightest.

1st set of the final goes to Murray on a tiebreak. He's played the big points better and Djokovic with more unforced errors.

Sod it I'm going to the gym. Murray better have the 2nd set wrapped up by the time I get back.

Andy's played very well, at times Djokovic looks unplayable, but he's stuck at it & there's been some amazing rallys that are fantastic to watch & he's gradually breaking him down & he's losing focus.

Djokovic looks unhappy & frustrated. Which used to be Andy's domain.

Murray's struggling on that manky foot a bit, & they're both looking tired now, but Murray the more so.

It almost feels like they're avoiding long rallys & are focussed on getting to the tie break!

Best man won.
Djokovic is practically unbeatable on hard courts in those conditions.
If Nadal's knee is as bad as some experts are saying Djokovic will win Roland Garros and possibly complete the clean sweep.
All pie in the sky at the moment but he just seems to be getting better and better all the time.
Murray didn't hit enough winners and the tough semi final did't help his cause either.
These two are going to have a great rivalry for the next 5 years.

Djok just took over from set 3. Murray seemed to be struggling with a hammy niggle, and since so much of his game is based on running balls down and hitting the ball on the move, that really left him with no chance. The first few sets showed he has the game to beat Djok, but he needs to maintain his utmost intensity or Djok can just flatten you.

Back
Top Bottom