• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Aussie Open

He looks unplayable.

Nadal isn't at his very best, but I put some of that down to not knowing how to approach Wawrinka, he can return with pace from anywhere on the court & that single handed backhand gives him a bit more breathing space as he's not pushed across the court with his momentum.

I often think how I'd approach playing someone, but I'd not have a clue how to play against him.

All that said I expect Nadal to make a comeback at some point, as unlikely as it looks currently.

Nadal is in pain. Stood whincing on court & his knees buckled a bit, his first service is fucked too.

He looks almost in tears. Gone off court for medical treatment.

Wawrinka is showing his inexperience in a final here.

It's a silly thing to do, he's just wound himself up no end.

Doesn't appear to have effected has game though.

Nadal still looks stiff. Definitely his back.

Wow. Nadal was close to tears then.

Yep, his first serve is fucked. He's gonna retire the match I reckon.

The painkillers shot must be taking effect now. But he will aggravate the back injury if he continues.

Wawrinka making a fair few errors now. Doesnt feel his natural game by the look of it.

Nadal goes 3-0 up, he is a bit improved but shouldn't be ahead, Wawrinka needs to focus himself.

Nadal doesn't want to get involved in rallies here.
He's going for the jugular far too early in the points.
He really must be injured.
Come on Stan close it out!

Fuck sake.
Stan just couldn't find a first serve in that game and seemed tight.
He's lacking the winning mentality here.

Get the fuck in.
Delighted to see a player break out of the top four and win a major.

Back
Top Bottom