• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Bale to Spurs

Status
Not open for further replies.

keniget

6CM Addict
Administrator
So what does everyone think about this one?

It’s an interesting move for both parties requiring Bale to stay fit and re-ignite some passion into his playing career.

Will it work out?

Bale will play well at SPurs - loves the club, and now won't have the distractions that Madrid did provide.
If he stays healthy, he could score 10-15 goals for Mourinho this season

He's definitely lost some of that electrifying pace but I'd wager his technical ability alone will change the way sides line up against Spurs now as you still couldn't afford a long ball landing at his feet with a man to beat / space at the edge of the area or whatever.

10/15 goals a season and a major vibe for the club, no lose I suppose, unless wages unsettle players?

I reckon it'll help them in the fight for the top 4 alone for a year or two and that alone is worth it IMO.

It's gonna take a while for him to get up to speed.
But he'll be alright. The premier league has changed a lot since he left. I doubt we're gonna see 25 year old Bale.

Mourinho is a strange choice for any World class player with an ego or a requirement to treated with at worst, a modicum of respect and at best like superstar for, he's got a track record for throwing anyone under the bus - I'm sure it wouldn't take much for Bale to get that treatment if things aren't going to plan in 6 months time.

Mourinho is a strange choice for any World class player with an ego or a requirement to treated with at worst, a modicum of respect and at best like superstar for, he's got a track record for throwing anyone under the bus - I'm sure it wouldn't take much for Bale to get that treatment if things aren't going to plan in 6 months time.

Not if you're past it. In that scenario Mourinho is the perfect manager to take all the blame for playing you in the wrong position / in too defensive a system / in a toxic dressing room / and so forth. Hopefully nobody realises the actual truth that you're just shit now, and it might convince another club to buy you at 34.

It’s a good job he’s got experience of playing at Left Back - Mourinho should be able to slot him into that 2nd Left Back slot just in front of the normal Left Back - and he can use his technical ability to launch it long up to Harry Kane.

Hope he’s up for all that closing down just outside his own box that he’ll be doing.

The likelihood is his body will breakdown at some point and he'll be joining Kane on the treatment table, however, Bale is a decent punt for Spurs at 12M a year. If he helps secure CL qualification then it pays for itself without the long term cost applications if his body breaks down. If Bale's going to get his passion back it's more likely to be at Spurs before anywhere else, so they are well placed to get the best from him. Spurs also need someone who has actually won trophies in their squad. Nobody has won fuck all. The marketing also writes itself. It will drive some revenue. I can see good reasons for Mourinho and Levy chasing him.

They will have Bale, Bergwin, Kane, Ali, Son, and Moura. That's an impressive arsenal to have. They just need to pray they actually stay fit. I wouldn't be surprised to see Bale at striker on occasion.

They still have a uber cautious toxic dinosaur in charge of all that attacking arsenal. Who will have them hating everything about the blue.

They still have a uber cautious toxic dinosaur in charge of all that attacking arsenal. Who will have them hating everything about the blue.

I just don't see it, TBH. They didn't look stifled last season offensively and signing Bergwin shows he's still intent on playing with fast, attacking players. The players he inherited were also used to working hard under Poch. Mourinho mentally seems a lot happier and I'd be surprised if he didn't take one of the CL spots ahead of Frank and OGS.

Every time I watched them they played deep and hit on the counter when they could. Definitely not “the Spurs way”.

This weekend he reverted back to whinging form and blaming players.

Like I said before, I believe that Mourinho/Spurs project will be a relative success, despite the poor start to the season. Maybe I'm somewhat sentimental about the time when Mourinho's teams were our biggest rivals under Rafa, but I just think the composition of the squad suits him and so does the underdog status. I also think Mourinho's big weakness is his eye for signings, so it's good that he's at a club with a stubborn and active chairman like Levy who will put together a nicely-balanced side regardless of the manager's wishes. Bale and Regulion is a good start.

BTW Ndombele just scored the winner in their EL game in Plovdiv. If he can be rehabilitated to the player we saw in Lyon, that would solve so many issues for them.

Last edited:
Bale is a shit-bag in the dressing room. Quite happy he has gone to Spurs, he'll fuck up their dressing room morale too.

His football is outdated and apart from maybe a year of his second Chelsea stint he hasn't had a team buy into his 'us against them' stuff since Inter. They have some good players but are sorely lacking in midfield and their centre backs are getting on too. They'll probably go prove me wrong now.

The one thing I don't understand with this Spurs team is Eric Dier. He is AWFUL at CB, but that's where he has decided his long-term future lies – why is Mourinho and others accommodating him? Maybe they see something I don't and with enough experience he can become a proper CB, but I don't know if I would bet the fate of this season on Dier acquiring the basic defensive instincts. If he doesn't and they persist with him, that could fuck their season right up.

So much disrespect ha.

I think he’ll be amazing.

He’s one of the best players in the world who’s essentially been rested for a year.

That's the first time I've seen someone not playing for a year being described as a positive...

Yeah, you’d wonder what the argument would be had he signed for us.
He’ll probably score a few goals and then get injured.
He’s not the player he was when he left, thats for sure.

Yeah, you’d wonder what the argument would be had he signed for us.
He’ll probably score a few goals and then get injured.
He’s not the player he was when he left, thats for sure.

Those last two sentences are what Contrary Pat would be saying if he signed for us. Alas he's signing for someone else and everyone has pointed out the obvious flaws, ergo...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom