• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Ballon D'or

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lack of coverage of what African players?

Bollocks, should fucking Mahrez have won it over Messi because Algeria won the Afcon World Cup?

As if, nobody gives a fuck
What about Salah year before last ?

Should have won it.. They said he didn't win it because he didn't win the CL..

Did Messi win it this year ?

Maybe that's where the argument lies.. if true..

What about Salah year before last ?

Should have won it.. They said he didn't win it because he didn't win the CL..

Did Messi win it this year ?

Maybe that's where the argument lies.. if true..
That asside, i just think its silly that only those two players have been awarded it for the last what...12 years. There have been like 3 world cups in that time, neither have won that trophy, and various different winners of the European Cup. Why then just focus on a single league that for the most part challenged by 2 teams and two fucking goal-hangers one of which has played with other potential best player in the world for most of his playing career.

That asside, i just think its silly that only those two players have been awarded it for the last what...12 years. There have been like 3 world cups in that time, neither have won that trophy, and various different winners of the European Cup. Why then just focus on a single league that for the most part challenged by 2 teams and two fucking goal-hangers one of which has played with other potential best player in the world for most of his playing career.

Eh? Neither won it last year.

Don't mean to offend you lot but some of you seem butthurt.
I mean it is a prestigious award. Messi is the best player in the world, probably the best ever and had a great year last year just like Van Dijk.
No one would belittle this award if van Dijk won it, but now that he didn't it's shit?

It is what is, we can console ourselves with the league title next year.

Don't mean to offend you lot but some of you seem butthurt.
I mean it is a prestigious award. Messi is the best player in the world, probably the best ever and had a great year last year just like Van Dijk.
No one would belittle this award if van Dijk won it, but now that he didn't it's shit?

It is what is, we can console ourselves with the league title next year.
So what about Salah the year before last..

He should have won't it.

He was Messi Esq..

It is what I'm getting at..

We had a Footie award for Norway last night as well. Molde (Solksjærs old club) won the league 3 rounds before the end and ended up with 0 prices all over in the show. Best young player as well as best player was Evjen (discussed earlier here on the forum) from Bodø/Glimt and coach of the year also came from Bodø/Glimt. Nice for a second placed team (who by the way had all three candidates for young player of the year award!!) Fuck Molde and Solskjær.

This year

I’d also argue that Ronaldo beating Mané to 3rd is arguably a bigger crime than Messi beating Virgil
Probably, of course there's some bias but Modric winning it means it is possible.

So what about Salah the year before last..

He should have won't it.

He was Messi Esq..

It is what I'm getting at..

Salah won nothing. Messi won a league title. And Salah didn’t score 50 goals which is absurd.

43 goals + Goals for Egypt Champions League Runners up and single handedly masterminded Egypt to the World Cup in AONS

He did also come up against a player who got to the WC final, won the CL and was all round outstanding.

Different battle.

If Salah had gotten his 43 goals last season he’d have won it imo.

We had a Footie award for Norway last night as well. Molde (Solksjærs old club) won the league 3 rounds before the end and ended up with 0 prices all over in the show. Best young player as well as best player was Evjen (discussed earlier here on the forum) from Bodø/Glimt and coach of the year also came from Bodø/Glimt. Nice for a second placed team (who by the way had all three candidates for young player of the year award!!) Fuck Molde and Solskjær.
I bet Ole won "Best overseas manager"

Norway and Denmark always seem to have the best youngsters in the world!!

Wonder how long before one of them lands a BOD...

No idea who these other voters are but Slovenia's representative is a 70-year old retired doctor who still works as a sports commentator (for every possible sport - from basketball to curling) on national TV, despite repeatedly making racist remarks and constantly being completely drunk on air

He voted Mbappe, Ronaldo, Hazard, Lewandowski and Virgil - then, when the results came out, claimed he actually voted for Messi but they fucked up his vote

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom