• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Poll Balls on the Line

Prefix for Poll Threads

Will Liverpool win the league?

• Fuck yeah!!!

Votes: 36 53.7%
  • No chance, Lance

Votes: 31 46.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Halmeister

Some sort of pun about having a well known member
It's the 5th of Feb, let's get a lay of the land... do we win the league?

Who's a doubter and who's a believer? Believers, what's your logic? I don't want blind optimism. I want thought-out rationale. Same for the nay-sayers.

tenor.gif

No, we won't

1) were in an injury hit time and city are starting to rack up the points. Our attack and defence drops off a cliff when our first choice are injured/off form

2) we have been given *2* chances recently to widen the gap, and we have put in abject performances. Our star men look disinterested. Mental fatigue now isn't a good sign

3) experience is so important here. We've had no one bar milner win a league of note, and even then he was a rotation player rather than a mainstay of the xi.

4) we're not even back in the CL yet. When that starts in a week or so, we will see fatigue set in more.

so, in conclusion; we don't have the depth, tenacity, experience to win the title this year

Yes, we will.

Worst will soon be behind us (injured returning) and supposedly Klopp has laid the groundwork to get this team through to the end of the season. After getting us this far you have to believe he's throwing everything at this.

We will have a 3 point lead after Bournemouth and it could get better as I fancy Chelsea to get something out of City. If we are there or thereabouts with 5-6 games to go we'll do it. We have a lovely finishing schedule.

City are still in 4 competitions, even with their squad that could count against them in the end with fixture congestion.

If we say “No” are we going to be banned from the forum if we do win the league?

No.
We will shit our kecks/be worn down.
Not enough leaders in the team.
And we have been fools again not strengthening in January when we were ahead.

We’re still top. About to get players back to give us some balance back and get Salah back up top.

City won’t win every game left and I think we will win more than them once they start getting a fixture pile up.

I thought there'd be more positivity judging by the other threads.

Obviously I don't think we will win it for reasons that have mainly been said in here.

City are just 3 points behind (with a gimme against the bitters) with a much better squad. Their fixtures aren't too bad either.

Every time we've been handed a chance too extend our lead and really put some daylight between us, we bottle it.

We're basically a club of bottlers in recent years.

Injuries are mounting up.

We have one capable right back.

Joemez won't be seen for a while, meaning we have to rely on Matip and Lovren.

We've gone off the boil. Although, have we really ever been on the boil this season? Haven't played well that consistently.

The defence has carried us through large chunks of the season, but they seem to be out of sorts now.

Loads of reasons. All logic seems to point to us losing it. Sorry.

A lot of the people saying yes seem to be doing so through blind optimism

I dont think City are as invincible as some would have us believe and the fsct theyve lost 4 times already means they will continue to drop points as fixtures pile up takes over the the next 6 weeks. As I said in the thread immediately after the City game the points total to win this year will be about 94 I reckon and we are well capable of that.

The concern is that we arent playing well and even though we are better rested and playing less games we look seriously burnt out right now but thats nothing a big win cant fix. Its still too early to call, its been a poor couple of weeks for us and we will surrender top spot tonight if Everton roll over as expected.

I think we will know once the Utd game is over at the end of Feb.

Yes, we will.

This is not the LFC we've seen over the past 28 years... We're stronger now. We're IN our wobble right now and drawing games, not losing - It'll be close in the end and these silly draws may just be the difference. We will get players back, start playing better, and end the season strongly.

City have lost four already and will drop more silly points. Plus the will tire with all these extra games. AND the want the European Cup more.

It'll go down to the last couple of games, but I fancy us to be ahead at the end. Barely.

We don't appear to have enough talent in reserve to make up for the injuries, sickness and our best players out of form. If we can somehow click it back together in the next few games, with significant improvements from Salah, Alison, VVD and Firmino then we'll certainly run it very close. Improvement has to be instantaneous otherwise the players heads we'll go and will pass the title to city like a little bitch.

How is it blind optimism by saying we can win the league? Not being able to come up with a reason?
How about being 3 points in the lead at the top of the table in February? The negativity is tiring.

How is it blind optimism by saying we can win the league? Not being able to come up with a reason?
How about being 3 points in the lead at the top of the table in February? The negativity is tiring.

Do they give out the medals in Feb? You think we'll stay ahead of them? Why? The people who think they'll overhaul us have stated why.

I obviously WANT us to win the league but my head is saying that the leics and west ham games have really fucked up our chance. We had a genuine chance to put daylight between us and city and we blew it. Right now we're struggling to get a draw let alone win matches. 3 points gap is nothing and we still have to play spurs, everton, chelsea and manure.

Don’t they have to play those teams?

And the Ev? Haha they’re mentally broken.

No, I’ll never give up hope but then I’ve never thought we could with the squad we have.

We’ve missed Gomez.
We’ve missed TAA
Fuck we’ve even missed Clyne recently.

We simply doesn’t have the depth and that’s all there is to it.

We’ve dropped more points in 5 games than we dropped in 19.

Enough said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom