• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Barcelona are f***** part X

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nomad

Very Well-Known
Next seasons wage caps have been revealed.

Real Madrid - £638m
Sevilla - £173m
Atletico Madrid - £148m
Villarreal - £138m
Real Sociedad - £110m
Athletic Bilbao - £97m
Barcelona - £85m

Down by over 75%

Surely they will be pillaged now.

Pedri anyone?

La Liga sets them, no?

They come from all kinds of formulas such as Revenue etc.

So next season's cap would be from the financial accounts of all clubs which closed end of August I think.

Barça Buzz
@Barca_Buzz
Despite the measly €97m salary cap imposed by La Liga, Barcelona say they will be able to sign players in January if necessary and that there would be no problems in changing the coaching staff. Via ():
@Marta_Ramon
[rac1]

I think they will have to manage this as if it’s a relegation. Clear the decks of lots of high-paid players, possibly by putting them out on loan (or sales with buy-back options) and then hope to have the capacity to bring them back in the following year. In the same way a relegated team banks on structuring themselves to have a team that’s just about good enough to get promoted, they’ll have to gamble on a side good enough to qualify for the Champions League. They can forget about winning anything for a while, even in their uncompetitive league.
Heart bleeds.

I think they will have to manage this as if it’s a relegation. Clear the decks of lots of high-paid players, possibly by putting them out on loan (or sales with buy-back options) and then hope to have the capacity to bring them back in the following year. In the same way a relegated team banks on structuring themselves to have a team that’s just about good enough to get promoted, they’ll have to gamble on a side good enough to qualify for the Champions League. They can forget about winning anything for a while, even in their uncompetitive league.
Heart bleeds.
True but they have a few players in crazy wages, three of those I can think of are injury prone umitti, Dembele and Coutinho.. who is doing to want to loan 31 old Coutinho and pay good wages as well. Same as Dembele, who would want to loan a player that's more likely to be injured that fit? Between those three they probably on 600-700k per week alone.
But agreed they need to get rid of dead wood and have a reset.

[article]Barcelona have received an offer for their €1.5bn debt to be paid by a company from the UAE.

El Curubito on 8tv reports the company is willing to purchase Barça's debt with a favourable repayment plan included.

The cited media ensures it would be a good deal for Barça, who would not have to pay anything for two years.

That period could be extended to up to 12 years, while the interest demanded by the company would be very low.

Barça would receive €1.5bn immediately, so they would come out of the "intensive care unit" directors say they're still in and would have the liquidity to make signings, which was not the case last summer.[/article]

[article]Barcelona have received an offer for their €1.5bn debt to be paid by a company from the UAE.

El Curubito on 8tv reports the company is willing to purchase Barça's debt with a favourable repayment plan included.

The cited media ensures it would be a good deal for Barça, who would not have to pay anything for two years.

That period could be extended to up to 12 years, while the interest demanded by the company would be very low.

Barça would receive €1.5bn immediately, so they would come out of the "intensive care unit" directors say they're still in and would have the liquidity to make signings, which was not the case last summer.[/article]

I'm sure there is no catch here.

Barca is the perfect example of what happens when a club goes on a sugar-daddy style spending spree, without a sugar daddy to bail them out.
Cant see their members agreeing to a sell out.
Cant see anyone bailing them our without putting the members to one side (legally speaking, at least).
They’re fucked. And it’s all their own fault.

I understand how this has happened to Barca, but how the fuck are Madrid still fine. Haven't they wasted just as much money on shite like Hazard, Bale etc

I understand how this has happened to Barca, but how the fuck are Madrid still fine. Haven't they wasted just as much money on shite like Hazard, Bale etc

They've changed tack since the Galactico era and have tried to buy younger talent. Hazard was really the exception to the rule. They also make money from sales.

Nah, from memory they have huge revenues and haven't spent all that much (net) in the last 5-8 years. They'll be able to comfortably land Mbappe / Haaland next summer.

Juve were relegated and they came back, I would expect arguably the biggest club in Europe will bounce back. I doubt they will be able to realistically stick to a wage cap of £85m but would pay players through creative means. I would hazard a guess only a couple of prem clubs have wage bills of £85m and below.

Post script.
Real Madrid announced a financial profit (just) of €0.8m for 2021.
Barca announced a financial loss of €481m for 2021.
That's why Real are OK.
And why Barca are screwed.
Whats the projection like for next year? fans are back, they still pocket more money than anyone else from TV revenue bar Real Madrid. Wages have been slashed to less than £200m. Many of the high wage earners will see their contract come to an end further slashing their costs. I think they will get financial aid from the city. The club is way too big and popular to allow it to fail.

Whats the projection like for next year? fans are back, they still pocket more money than anyone else from TV revenue bar Real Madrid. Wages have been slashed to less than £200m. Many of the high wage earners will see their contract come to an end further slashing their costs. I think they will get financial aid from the city. The club is way too big and popular to allow it to fail.
They’ve “set a budget” of €766m, which I assume means revenue (including player sales because their top line turnover has never been anywhere near that figure before). They’ve obviously slashed the wages but nobody is turning up to watch and their commercial revenue will be hit by the loss of Messi.
And they still have €1.35bn debt (per Laporta) so even if they make a profit, that’s going to hang around their necks for years. I think that debt figure is a net amount, so even worse than it sounds.
A bail-out by the City assumes the City has the money (unlikely, post covid) and could get around state aid rules (questionable). The scale of the problem feels too big to be solved by public goodwill.

It won't fail, like become insolvent, but it won't be competitive for a little while.

Juve were relegated and they came back, I would expect arguably the biggest club in Europe will bounce back. I doubt they will be able to realistically stick to a wage cap of £85m but would pay players through creative means. I would hazard a guess only a couple of prem clubs have wage bills of £85m and below.

You make it seem as if we're not just fine ... but what are your thoughts on Barcelona?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom