• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Benny and the Geordies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Modo

A contentious scando
Asked about the upcoming Liverpool match during an interview with TalkSport following the 3-1 victory over Southampton: “That is a game that I can't win.

"If we win, they will say: 'Oh, [he should be helping us].' And, if you lose: 'Oh, he was not giving everything.'

“I will not talk too much about this game until it comes around. I was in Liverpool winning trophies. Why? Because I was professional and I was fighting against anyone.

“Some people will criticise me because I was fighting against Manchester United. It's my job to do the best for my team, and I will try to do the best for my team [against Liverpool], that's it.”

If you can't win either way you might as well keep your biggest fan base on side :D

They are safe now, should take some of the focus off for them. Hopefully they are in party mode when we meet them

Fuck it, if Pellegrini can claim he wants to help his old club then Rafa can too. Perez and Rondon on the bench please!

Yeah, Rondon and Perez can be a handful. But the fact is, we know we should beat them, and we've got the quality to beat them comfortably.

He got injuried and taken off during the game. Perez is the real threat. Can't stop scoring at the moment.

Not to disagree, but Rafa has added goals to Rondon's play and IMO he's good enough to cause problems too.

We won't have an easy day against these.

I trust that Benitez will make some obvious tactical change that will make it easier for Klopp to read Newcastle. Also we have agent Shelves there if we need a red card or a pen.

Welcome. It's a common mistake but it still is a mistake, for now at least.

Incidentally the same is true of confusing "bacteria" (more than one) with "bacterium" (just the one). Doubt that genie will ever get back in the bottle though.

Criterion. "Criteria" means more than one.

I'll get my anorak.
Actually, I disagree.

Consider his statement :

My Cardiff thread was deleted because we had games prior and it was classed as jinxy. This too fits in that criteria

If we give young bluebell the benefit of the doubt, in assuming that he used the word "and" correctly and not as a lazy substitute for "thus" or "therefore", then there are, in fact, two criteria in his statement: "we had games prior" and "it was classed as jinxy". On that basis the use of the plural form was accurate, however he should have stated "This too fits in those criteria."

Meet you in the cloakroom

Criterion. "Criteria" means more than one.

I'll get my anorak.
That's an interesting piece of trivium ... trivion .. errrr..

I suppose trivium would be the root as trivia came from posting information at the meeting points of 3 roads, where more people would see it. But, since it means 3 roads, I suppose there would be no singular version of trivia.
**My anorak has a fleece lined hood.

My Cardiff thread was deleted because we had games prior and it was classed as jinxy. This too fits in that criteria

You made the fatal mistake with the thread title... Title was as if it was a match thread..

Jinxy... imho..

It was deleted upon request...

Newcastle to beat Brighton meaning Brighton go into the last game of the season definitely needing a win. That is agent Rafa.

That's an interesting piece of trivium ... trivion .. errrr..

I suppose trivium would be the root as trivia came from posting information at the meeting points of 3 roads, where more people would see it. But, since it means 3 roads, I suppose there would be no singular version of trivia.
**My anorak has a fleece lined hood.
photo-of-matt-heafy-and-trivium-matt-heafy-posed-studio-doing-devil-picture-id85341862

ManUre fan finds a magic bottle, rubs it and a genie pops out and grants him three wishes.

"I'll have a bottle of beer that never runs dry". Hey presto - everlasting bottle of beer appears.

"Fab - I'll have two more of those."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom