• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Besiktas offer 7 mill £ for Skrtel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hansern

Thinks he owns the place
Besiktas offer £7million for Liverpool defender Martin Skrtel as the Slovakia star prepares to bid farewell to Anfield

By SIMON JONES FOR THE DAILY MAIL
PUBLISHED: 23:29 GMT, 2 June 2016 | UPDATED: 08:13 GMT, 3 June 2016

768shares
View comments

Turkish champions Besiktas have tabled a £7million offer for out-of-favour Liverpool defender Martin Skrtel.
The 31-year-old is currently with Slovakia preparing for Euro 2016 but is expected to depart Anfield this summer as Jurgen Klopp overhauls his squad ahead of his first full season as manager.
Skrtel fell out of favour under the German, losing his place to Kolo Toure for the 2015-16 run-in, after missing three months of the campaign with a hamstring injury sustained against Watford in December.
34DEAB3100000578-3622869-image-a-1_1464909843544.jpg

+6
Turkish side Beisktas have made a £7million bid for long-serving Liverpool defender Martin Skrtel (right)
34C20EFC00000578-0-image-m-50_1464907811764.jpg

+6
Skrtel (centre) is currently away with Slovakia, preparing for Euro 2016 in France with his national side
34DEAA9700000578-3622869-image-a-2_1464909919945.jpg

+6

But the centre-half (right) has fallen down the pecking order at Liverpool under manager Jurgen Klopp
His performance levels dipped after he returned from that setback.
Klopp introduced him at half-time in Liverpool's Premier League match against Southampton in March and he conceded a penalty within five minutes of being on the pitch.
Should he stay at Liverpool, he is likely to find himself far down the pecking order to play at centre-half.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...pares-bid-farewell-Anfield.html#ixzz4AVi4sYji

7 mill £ is a good fee for him.

Yeah £7m is a bit too good to be true at 31. Didn't he only cost £8m in the first place?

Yeah, he's been a good servant to the club, but I'd take it, especially as it looks like Sakho will not be suspended. 7 million is a decent figure.

I can't help but feel his stint at Liverpool is over. So yeah, if this is true take the money and run.

Interesting news. I hope he finds a better place to go than there if he is moving on. Wish him all the best, great bloke

Good, loyal servant.
We've already replaced him with someone better in Matip.
7 million, considering we paid 6.5 million, for a 31 year old CB is really good business.

Dobut it will be 7 million sterlig, probably 7 million euros, which is about 5 million and even that would will be based on apprearences.

Would still sell, never was good enough.

He's been voted our best player by the fans twice since he's been here and had some very good years at the club and some inconsistent ones.

I'll miss him but it's definitely time to go.

Very good player who has been a tremendous servant. Wish him the best and will always welcome him back. But it is likely time to go and that kind of fee would be a terrific return.

Will remember his lovely brace when we demolished Arsenal at home a few seasons back

He's been a great servant to the club and was unlucky to finish 2nd twice, never moaned and always gave his all and scored quite a few goals too. Glad to see quite a few posters giving him the love he deserves. Shame about those who can't be fucked to acknowledge him with the respect he deserves.

Gutted to see him go. I love Skrtel.
One of the few players I've never had a spell of hating or wanting us to sell.

Overall has been a brilliant player for us over the years and scored some massive goals. Brave as a lion and first class passion.

We will miss him greatly.

YNWA Martin

I like him. He had monster season in 2013-14 and in other seasons he has been generally good or at least solid. One of the best purchases Rafa has made. YNWA Martin!

He's been a good player at times for us, but he's never really been consistently top class. He was our best defender for a while, but that coincided with our defence looking terrible, usually with the rest of the team looking similarly poor. He might have looked better in a better team, but I don't really think it's a coincidence that we've never looked too solid with him as the most senior defender. Decent player, thanks for those 2 or 3 good seasons and all the goals, but it's the right time for him to leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom