• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Best Coach in Europe right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluebell

Well-Known
You could argue it's Pepe but he has never had to work miracles.
The Ajax coach is worth a shout, like Ranieri he could be one season wonder.
Klopps had a few hundred million to work with.
Trying to be objective, Unai and Pouch seem good shouts

Last edited:
It’s Pepe and to argue otherwise is silly.

Klopp would need sustained success to challenge him.

Poch is doing wonderful with his hands tied.

Pepe's won ony 1 CL where as Zidanes won a record 3 in a row. If you are going to argue Zidane had Ronaldo but Pepe had Messi.
At Bayern Munich he had a team that so far advance of any in that league, that it would be harder not to win the league. He was brought into deliver the CL but failed.
At Man City, he came 3rd in his first season but with £700m spent he has still failed to deliver the CL.

Last edited:
You could argue it's Pepe but he has never had to work miracles.
The Ajax coach is worth a shout, like Ranieri he could be one season wonder.
Klopps had a few hundred million to work with.
Trying to be objective, Unai and Pouch seem good shouts

7gMA.gif

It's Pep, and he's only managed the stronger, most well financed teams in every single league he's gone to. Next, like Ronaldo, he'll take the 'challenge' of Juve.

Klopp has built something brilliant at Liverpool but brilliance needs trophies ... His success at Dortmund was incredible considering who they were up against.

Poch has done something brilliant at spurs too ... I don't think he'll be considered unless he wins a league/big cup etc.

Allegri - big challenge at juve, and yet, wins everything easily.

The Barca manager - has done rather well the last two years but even Pate could manage Barcelona.

To answer the question ... it has to be Tuchel - look what he's doing at PSG.

Pepe's won ony 1 CL where as Zidanes won a record 3 in a row. If you are going to argue Zidane had Ronaldo but Pepe had Messi.
At Bayern Munich he had a team that so far advance of any in that league, that it would be harder not to win the league. He was brought into deliver the CL but failed.
At Man City, he came 3rd in his first season but with £700m spent he has still failed to deliver the CL.
"Pep" has won the Champions League twice.

[xtable]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td} Pep Guardiola{/td}
{td}June 2008{/td}
{td}June 2012{/td}
{td}3 La Liga, 2 Copa del Rey, 3 Supercopa de España, 2 UEFA Champions League, 2 UEFA Super Cup, 2 FIFA Club World Cup{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

[xtable]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=left}{/td}
{td=center}
{/td}
{td=left}
4 January 2016​
{/td}
{td=left}
31 May 2018​
{/td}
{td}149{/td}
{td}104{/td}
{td}29{/td}
{td}16{/td}
{td}393{/td}
{td}160{/td}
{td}69.80{/td}
{td=left}{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

in less than 2.5 years

How league titles in how many countries has Zidane?
Ridiculous argument when you consider the circumstances in each and EVERY case. And his consistent recent failures in CL.

It's Pep, and he's only managed the stronger, most well financed teams in every single league he's gone to. Next, like Ronaldo, he'll take the 'challenge' of Juve.

Klopp has built something brilliant at Liverpool but brilliance needs trophies ... His success at Dortmund was incredible considering who they were up against.

Poch has done something brilliant at spurs too ... I don't think he'll be considered unless he wins a league/big cup etc.

Allegri - big challenge at juve, and yet, wins everything easily.

The Barca manager - has done rather well the last two years but even Pate could manage Barcelona.

To answer the question ... it has to be Tuchel - look what he's doing at PSG.
When considering Klopp why is the argument of 'got to win something at Liverpool' relevent? He's worked miracles here considering where we were when he took over.

Personally I can't see that any manager is better than Klopp at this moment in time. Despite having a clearly inferior team to City's (as DB never fails to remind us) we are neck and neck with them this season, now that Klopp has been able to complete his team and progress his tactics, and we have a much superior record in the CL.

Outside of the PL there is Zidane, as unproven as Pep with regards to handling a team without superstars and gazillions of lucra.

I don't know why the fuck the frog's colour has anything to do with this discussion. I feel personally violated. I am currently bumming myself with a box of Lego but that's not the violation I mean

Reactions: Ijg
I don't know why the fuck the frog's colour has anything to do with this discussion. I feel personally violated. I am currently bumming myself with a box of Lego but that's not the violation I mean
Pussy. Should be using duplo or even sticklebricks

Ridiculous argument when you consider the circumstances in each and EVERY case. And his consistent recent failures in CL.

When considering Klopp why is the argument of 'got to win something at Liverpool' relevent? He's worked miracles here considering where we were when he took over.

Personally I can't see that any manager is better than Klopp at this moment in time. Despite having a clearly inferior team to City's (as DB never fails to remind us) we are neck and neck with them this season, now that Klopp has been able to complete his team and progress his tactics, and we have a much superior record in the CL.

Outside of the PL there is Zidane, as unproven as Pep with regards to handling a team without superstars and gazillions of lucra.

I dont know if i can honestly say that the City players are that much better than what Klopp has at his disposal. Klopp is the right and best manager for this club but for those with Money to burn Pep is the best. The money at city has been there since the arab takeover but under Pep City are winning games they should win with absolute ease in most cases and have last season produced the highest total in terms of points for a PL win. He has a formula that is just pure pass and move and the players just look devestating against all opposition except us. Since they have had the Arab money none of the other managers ever got City playing like he has. I also suspect it was the same with Bayern with those X number of league wins with the added advantage he was able to take any player from any other domestic rival.

The CL performance of our team being better is interesting but cannot be compared mainly because we are Liverpool and the Anfield crowd on those nights are a much much superior side than any other English rival fans. City cannot buy that so they are at a disadvantage and Pep realises that.

In my view i would give the award to the Spurs manager in England if we want to just consider getting the best out players on limited resources.

As for Zidanne ... oh fuck off to anyone who puts his name forward, Real Madrid were sacrificing any domestic challenge for CL glory in two of those seasons. Also.. I find it very difficult to actually equate being the best manager and the manager of Real Madrid...those two things mean fuck all when you manage a state sponsored tean.

Barcelona coach Ernesto Valverde has described Pepe Guardiola as the best in the business, despite Manchester City's Champions League elimination against Tottenham. (Marca)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom