• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Big D vs Twitter

Mors

Well-Known
So it looks like Donald wants to go after Twitter, and this time for a reason which I think is absolutely fair for him to do so - If they're going to modify his tweets and add a fact checker, they need to be doing this across the board and doing to everyones, or not at all, they can't just single him out.

Can he win this one?

From what I can make it out, it seems like Twitter can't be sued or has protection against being sued at any time by saying 'its not out fault boss, it was someone else that posted it on our platform, it wasn't us', the same defence that Torrent websites try to take when they say it's not them that's hosting the illegal content. But this executive order seems to be that if they're moderating posts and editing them, then they're actually taking ownership of the tweet, so can therefore be sued and don't have the protection anymore?

I hate social media in the main, it's absolute nonsense, and it now has huge huge huge power, and can pretty much swing elections now it's that powerful. For fucks sake it made bog roll run out in this country recently. They do need to do something about it but good knows what. If they don't moderate it, then the idiots that use it will believe anything that's posted on it, if they heavily moderate it then what's the point of it, but I don't think as a business model they have any appetite to have some sort of middle ground as all they want to do is make money out of it.

Back
Top Bottom