• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Bournemouth (A)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say 7/10. Started brightly but didn't repeat the Burnley performance.

I thought he was quiet and pretty subdued. He was playing on the left of the midfield and he looked a little lost at times. He is still getting used to the physicality and he doesn't seem to be able to head the ball at all.

Can’t wait to watch highlights of this. Was smashing pints of Brughes Zot during the game but got some nice goal notifications throughout. time to support Chelsea!

If you quit listening to the narrative, you'd notice that hes a pretty good defender.
He's extremely ungainly, though effective. Bambi on Ice mkii. I'd give him 7/10 today, nothing wrong with that performance at all.

I think 5 for Matip would be adequate if only for the second half improvements. He was the worst of the back five and we have to be thankful that Alisson was alert. With Mignolet or Karius, we'd have conceded first.

Last edited:
Thought Matip had a good game, so did everyone in the back 5. Robertson in particular. Virgil and Alisson are always boss.

Bournemouth 0 Liverpool 4: Match Ratings

by Paul Senior | Dec 8, 2018 | 2 comments

NO Ben Johnson this week, so I’ve been given the honour of filling some big shoes.
Didn’t expect to do much undies on your head chat, a la Ben, but also I didn’t expect Mohamed Salah to truly take the piss.
What a performance from The Reds, and kudos to the manager in getting his lads rotated ahead of another huge week. The Reds are top of the league. Over to you, City.
Alisson Becker: 7
Gave me the biggest twinge of my life when he won that header in the first half, almost went light headed. It’s mad how he could of used his hands, but couldn’t be arsed. Probably more handsome than me, and I say that about nobody. If anybody can give me the number for his barber, I’d appreciate it.
James Milner: 7
Right back today, deputised well, a real pro, and a decent performance to boot. Five hundred league games up, and I still don’t know his best position. That’s not a negative, he’s good in them all. Fair fucks.
Joel Matip: 8
Got us further forward with some intelligent passing, especially first half. Not a huge fan but he’s had a more than decent week. Deserved the clean sheet as much as any.
Virgil van Dijk: 7
Calm as you like, ran out of positives for him, and can’t find any negatives.
Andy Robertson: 7
Typical Robbo, really good, and that menacing cross that causes the own goal is superb. So reliable, what a fella.
Fabinho: 7
Loves a booking. Don’t mind him being a bit of a yard dog sometimes though, you know. Gets his body about, think he’s progressing well, doesn’t seem as nervous as he was, and I’m not nervous watching him anymore.
Naby Keita: 8
Nutmegged two lads in less than a second. John Gibbons should make a T-shirt of that. I’d buy it, if they do it in fat lad sizes. Subbed on 65, must start Tuesday. So happy to see the lad who we thought we were signing this week, after an up and down start.
Gini Wijnaldum: 7
Not at the forefront, but doing exactly what you expect, kept us ticking well.
Xherdan Shaqiri: 7
Great in possession, reckon the sub means he starts Tuesday. Solid enough for me
Roberto Firmino: 8
An assist, and so so good for the second. No doubts about his quality. All coming back into form at the right time, Great news.
Mo Salah: 10
Sharp for the first goal, from Firmino’s rebound. Wish he’d celebrate a bit more, so I didn’t think it was offside. Second goal is absolutely brilliant, under the circumstances, and by circumstances I mean eight studs down his achilles. Got him back, though. Love that.
But that third, oh my fucking god. Taking the absolute piss, there. Does Asmir Begovic twice, sends Nathan Ake and Steve Cook with the finish. He’s been doing well since Arsenal, but today was another level. Involved in everything, a real 10 out of 10 performance. Sensational.
SUBS
Sadio Mane: 7
Made up to see him back, fit and ready for Napoli.
Adam Lallana: 7
Best I’ve seen of him for ages, we all forget about him but the manager definitely doesn’t. Thought he did really well, helped us keep the pressure on, we need options this time of year, and if we can get him back to anywhere near his best, he will help us through. Nice cut to the head at the end, there.
Jordan Henderson: n/a
Came on and helped see out a brilliant seven days for The Reds.
Steve Cook: 8
Took his goal really well, from a lovely cross by Robbo, gifted us a few more opportunities, would like to play him every week

Just realised - 42 points mean we are safe from relegation

Predicted these new found free scoring tactics a few weeks ago

JKoJqVv.png

I think 5 for Matip would be adequate if only for the second half improvements. He was the worst of the back five and we have to be thankful that Alisson was alert. With Mignolet or Karius, we'd have conceded first.
I think that's very harsh. He may be ungainly and made one error that Alisson covered (as he did for VvD but his very few errors are never mentioned). 7 to maybe 7.5 would be much fairer as he did well in numerous potentially situations and was by far the busier of the two CBs.

Last edited:

Bollocks, Matip was very impressive

Bollocks, Matip was very impressive

Some of his forward play was very good and he defended well too I thought, probably the best I've seen him play, but Bournemouth weren't much competition. Hopefully he stays fit and keeps up this level of performance, so we don't have to put up with the "best defender in the World" coming back in and fucking things up.

its good to have him coming in with confidence rather than in a lull since dropping down the order. we need him to be top of his game over the course of Dec.

The thing with Matip is that he's been good every time he's played regularly, he's been hampered by minor injuries which have affected his performances. Obviously Klopp does rate him.
Also VD makes anyone playing next to him look good.

The thing with Matip is that he's been good every time he's played regularly, he's been hampered by minor injuries which have affected his performances. Obviously Klopp does rate him.
Also VD makes anyone playing next to him look good.

I thought him and VVD might be a bit too similar, as in they're both your sort of typical "stoppers" rather than the type who will mop up and get last minute challenges in. Yet VVD has it all in every sense, he's your stopper who's also quick and is more than capable of a last ditch challenge. So maybe it'll work, but we've not seen it in any big games yet, that's where Matip often gets caught flat footed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom