• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Bournemouth post-match

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also just watched motd

Gowan mane, he's a proper fighter great emotion after scoring.

Was Salah taking the piss out of shaqiri with the celebration?
Onwards and upwards 13 odd games left, let's just keep winning

It didn't show it on the highlights, but Firmino played the ball, turned and watched Salah roll it into the back of the net and then did the folded arms celebration, as if to say, I'm the fucking Don. Then Salah responded in kind.

Only change for United should be TAA back at RB. Potentially Lovren if he’s fit and starts against Bayern.

Exactly, that Wijni and Fabs combo looks great
Indeed. But Keita's position (and excellent playmaking) yesterday also gave Gini the freedom to play far more aggressively in attack, something I couldn't see Hendo doing (Milner maybe). It's going to be a tough game by game selection headache. Love it.

Does Hendo get back into the team?
I heard yesterday on Radio 5 that Henderson has missed 8 games.
We lost 4 and drew 2 and won 2

Games hes played we win more often.

Chelsea defeat - missed
Napoli defeat - missed
Arsenal draw - missed
Red Star defeat - missed
Wolves defeat - missed
West Ham draw missed

Hes only played in one defeat this season away at City.

We have lost 5 games Henderson has only played in one of them

Hes a key part of the team and I would still have him in there more often than not.
Bournemouth away is different to United or Everton or......well almost any good team.

He would start for me

Bournemouth have lost 10 out of 13 games away from home with a goal difference of -18

I think people need to calm it down.

I heard yesterday on Radio 5 that Henderson has missed 8 games.
We lost 4 and drew 2 and won 2

Games hes played we win more often.

Chelsea defeat - missed
Napoli defeat - missed
Arsenal draw - missed
Red Star defeat - missed
Wolves defeat - missed
West Ham draw missed

Hes only played in one defeat this season away at City.

We have lost 5 games Henderson has only played in one of them

Hes a key part of the team and I would still have him in there more often than not.
Bournemouth away is different to United or Everton or......well almost any good team.

He would start for me

Yeah but obviously this goes against the narrative after a home battering of one of the weaker teams in the league. What about the last game where Fabinho and Keita both played, Henderson didn't and we were utter shite?

Chelsea defeat - missed
Came on in the 60th min, while 1-1.

Napoli defeat - missed
Came on in the 19th, Keita injury.

Arsenal draw - missed
Correct

Red Star defeat - missed
Correct

Wolves defeat - missed
Correct but this was a League cup game with basically reserves.

West Ham draw missed
Correct

He played some of those

Yeah but obviously this goes against the narrative after a home battering of one of the weaker teams in the league. What about the last game where Fabinho and Keita both played, Henderson didn't and we were utter shite?
What about the City game when Fabinho came on and changed the game? It goes both ways.

He played some of those
He didnt start any of them.
Even if you want to be childish and stick to a dogma (and I know you do)
We have had 5 defeats all season
He started ONE of those and came on in one other.

I dont see the point in you making any other point in this thread.
You asked a question.
I answered it. Giving reason.

Any counter argument just shows your usual bias and no one gives a fuck.

I would start him next game.
You wouldnt.
Cool.

He didnt start any of them.
Even if you want to be childish and stick to a dogma (and I know you do)
We have had 5 defeats all season
He started ONE of those and came on in one other.

I dont see the point in you making any other point in this thread.
You asked a question.
I answered it. Giving reason.

Any counter argument just shows your usual bias and no one gives a fuck.

I would start him next game.
You wouldnt.
Cool.
How am I being childish, you changed the narrative. YOU said he missed the games, I just showed you that he didn't. Now you say that he didn't start. Well yes, he didn't start.

Also, wrong again. We've lost 5 games this season. He started against City. Where was he against PSG? Oh yeah, he started that one too.
So that's at least being present in half the games we lost. City, PSG and Napoli.
Those he didn't play in, Wolves away League cup and Red Star away with the backups.
Which were more important?

It's a difficult one, the stats don't lie about Henderson, we generally do better with him in the team, however that City performance sticks in the memory. That midfield yesterday also looked superb, however it was against a Bournemouth team that's beyond poor away from home. United will be a completely different prospect, and I'm pretty sure Klopp will add physicality to his midfield to combat them, probably in the form of Henderson for Keita, and that's cool, I'd be happy with that, likewise I'd be happy if the same midfield that started yesterday, or if Milner came in for Keita, it's a good position for us to be in.

Unless Lallana starts there again of course.

How am I being childish, you changed the narrative. YOU said he missed the games, I just showed you that he didn't. Now you say that he didn't start. Well yes, he didn't start.

Also, wrong again. We've lost 5 games this season. He started against City. Where was he against PSG? Oh yeah, he started that one too.
Ok

On another note. In our next 5 games we are only away twice and those are at Everton & United. This gives the players a great month of staying at Melwood & largely staying at home. I wonder if that lack of travel will have much positive effect on performances.

On another note. In our next 5 games we are only away twice and those are at Everton & United. This gives the players a great month of staying at Melwood & largely staying at home. I wonder if that lack of travel will have much positive effect on performances.
It helped us over Christmas

Hendo plays brilliantly next to fabinho.
Gini plays brilliantly next to fabinho

Hendo and Gini are average when played next to each other.

I don't see why it's a bizarre crusade

It's fabinho who is intrinsic to how we play.

Hendo plays brilliantly next to fabinho.
Gini plays brilliantly next to fabinho

Hendo and Gini are average when played next to each other.

I don't see why it's a bizarre crusade

It's fabinho who is intrinsic to how we play.
A DM. Shocker

What about the City game when Fabinho came on and changed the game? It goes both ways.

I know it does, that's why I said it, seeing as you keep citing one game against the best team in the league as evidence that Henderson shouldn't start, even though we've done terrifically with him and the results without him aren't that great. I don't really give a fuck who starts, I just want us to do well and win, you're the one hung up on stupid pet-hate player versus favourite player agendas. So yeah, practice what you fucking preach, "it works both ways", are you like 12 years old or something?

I know it does, that's why I said it, seeing as you keep citing one game against the best team in the league as evidence that Henderson shouldn't start, even though we've done terrifically with him and the results without him aren't that great. I don't really give a fuck who starts, I just want us to do well and win, you're the one hung up on stupid pet-hate player versus favourite player agendas. So yeah, practice what you fucking preach, "it works both ways", are you like 12 years old or something?
No, I actually identify myself as a 14 year old. So, stop with these micro aggressions

One game, so grain of salt, but...

He looked like a player who is finally figuring out the pace and physicality of the Premier League. He seemed to know when he did and did not have time.

I have always thought the German game to closest to the English game in these terms and remember that Klopp was also surprised by the difference in intensity, so perhaps this a shaped his patience with Keita.

And, yes, playing further back helped him a lot and maybe Klopp has seen that this would benefit his confidence and development.

Will be many ups and downs, but he seems a confidence player, not unlike Mane, so hopefully this was just the dose he needed to push on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom