• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Bournemouth post-match

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for the delay everyone! Here's the RAAAAAAAAAAAATTTIIIIIINNNNNGS!

That was boss. Bournemouth are perfect home opponents when you need a nice, easy win, and sure enough they obliged. It was actually a pretty mediocre and nervy start to the game, but the first goal eased tensions and all was good after that. In fact, the only downside was that we didn't score three or four more.

Alisson (7) At last! A clean sheet! And he also saved a shot that was on target, which has been a rarity in the last few weeks. Turned a belting effort from Mousset around the post later too.

Robertson (8) Much better than in recent weeks, and piling into tackles early on got the crowd baying for more. He was all over them in defence and attack, and created several great opportunities, including the pass for the second goal. An assist machine! I've no idea why they gave him the run of the left hand side, but he made them pay.

Matip (7) Better from 50p head. Made one or two just beautiful passes that cut them in half, and he was solid in defence and showed more aggression than usual in his battle with King

Virgil (7) Looks like he's shrugged off the dose of the Dubai Shits that wrecked parts of the squad, this was far more like the imperious majesty of his normal game as he improved minute by minute. Won everything in the air, and even legged it all the way up the pitch in one late counter-attack.

Milner (7) Much, much sharper, he was another who shrugged off the bug and looked like his usual self. Brimming with energy, set up another goal with a lovely cross and also kept Fraser quiet. A blur of industry and full-blooded commitment.

Fabinho (8) A really impressive display of destructive, holding midfield play - actual tackles and stuff! - he was positioned smartly and cut off options and angles, quelling any attacking opportunities early. But also started to mix up his passing, with sharp short passes combined with some lovely long balls to the flanks, where Salah and Mane were lurking.

Wijnaldum (9) What a game. He's another who has been struck with illness following the ill-fated Dubai trip, but he got off his sick bed to inspire this win, with a performance of calm, controlled midfield mastery. He even managed to actually score a rare goal with a beautiful chipped finish. Outstanding.

Keita (7) Ah, finally. After a dismal start to his Liverpool career, this was much more like it. Seemed more confident with Fabinho and Wijnaldum freeing him up to be more attacking and creative, but paradoxically this also seemed to encourage him to be more involved defensively. He did lots of the unseen dirty work, picking up possession and making interceptions. Sumptuous pass to Firmino for the third goal. This is the level he needs to stay at.

Mane (8) Yet another crucial goal from Mr Reliable, this one settled nerves and then Mane carried on where he left off, a menacing whirlwind of attacking intent. Should have scored another with a sitter of a header in the second half.

Salah (8) Looked like the same old story early in the first half - crowded out, starved of space and time - but then turned it on, leaving Bournemouth gasping with his pace, skill and brutally efficient attacking play. Scored one - his 17th league goal of another brilliant season - hit the bar, and forced a great save with another swerving shot. Oh yeah.

Firmino (7) He's had a rather up and down season, but his diabolical, embarrassing display at West Ham was forgotten, as Firmino really turned on the style in the second half, with some frankly outrageous passing, flicks and back-heels causing multiple aneurysms in their backline. Weak effort later on was disappointing, but his game isn't about goalscoring.

Eh? He's been very good since he signed and was very good before he signed. He's generally just very good.
I think he's pointing out my problem with him, but reduced it down to nothing but the thinnest wisp of a point

Eh? He's been very good since he signed and was very good before he signed. He's generally just very good.

Before his latest run of goals a fair few were questioning his place in the team and that they would take Sane over him.
No way. He’s vital as he’s the only player who constantly carries the ball at players and has blistering pace. Salah for all his goals doesn’t do that as well as Mane.

I think he's pointing out my problem with him, but reduced it down to nothing but the thinnest wisp of a point

Nah there were a fair few people which I just didn’t agree with. He’ll have inconsistent games but always will be in my 11 regardless of form. He never ever hides or doesn’t work for the team.

Nah there were a fair few people which I just didn’t agree with. He’ll have inconsistent games but always will be in my 11 regardless of form. He never ever hides or doesn’t work for the team.

He'd always be in my starting xi too. But people are allowed to ask for more consistency and so on

Before his latest run of goals a fair few were questioning his place in the team and that they would take Sane over him.
No way. He’s vital as he’s the only player who constantly carries the ball at players and has blistering pace. Salah for all his goals doesn’t do that as well as Mane.

He's definitely the most "direct" out of all of our players, he just goes at teams. Salah does that too but in a slightly different way, with alot more skill and close control, Mane can just knock it beyond a player and grab a yard straight away, which is crucial to this team. It's why the three do so well, because they're so different. Firmino for his vision and moments of individual invention, Salah for his clinical strikes and ability to take players on at close quarters in/around the box and Mane for his sheer pace and ability to pop up with all sorts of goals.

Oh he can be infuriating, and he could certainly be better with his final ball, but he's easily one of our most important players, and he's also our second best goalscorer.

He'd always be in my starting xi too. But people are allowed to ask for more consistency and so on

I’m not sure he’ll get much better but I’m happy to accept him if this is his level.

If he was much better he’d be in top 10 in the world.

He's definitely the most "direct" out of all of our players, he just goes at teams. Salah does that too but in a slightly different way, with alot more skill and close control, Mane can just knock it beyond a player and grab a yard straight away, which is crucial to this team. It's why the three do so well, because they're so different. Firmino for his vision and moments of individual invention, Salah for his clinical strikes and ability to take players on at close quarters in/around the box and Mane for his sheer pace and ability to pop up with all sorts of goals.

His running off Salah and Firmino to drag defenders away is often overlooked too. He’s phenomenal at it. Add and Ox type driving force behind them and we would be unstoppable

They were shut down on the spot. If you were to put him on the market every team on the planet would be interested.

Disappointed they didn't show Gini legging it to the toilet at half-time, other than that – boss.
But you see him (at 7.54) coming out for the second half, examining what must only be a very small butt plug the doctor must have given him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom