• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Poll Brighton Away - Pre Match Thread

Prefix for Poll Threads

Who should partner VVD if Lovren is injured (and no Matip or Gomez available)?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely bang on. It was all about giving us the best chance possible to win at Brighton - whether we do or not.

Why bring on Salah and Firmino, then? How was that designed to give us our best possible chance to win at Brighton? Either or both could have been crocked chasing the game. Explain the logic of this supposedly carefully thought out plan.

Lovren's tweaked his hamstring, I don't know why people are thinking he might be able to play by the weekend. Last year in this fixture Wini played CB, and I'm still not sure how that worked as well as it did. As you say, Fabinho can fill-in. I think Milner needs resting, if we can afford to do so - he's looked very jaded in the past few games.
I wasn't aware of the severity of the injury.

Why bring on Salah and Firmino, then? How was that designed to give us our best possible chance to win at Brighton? Either or both could have been crocked chasing the game. Explain the logic of this supposedly carefully thought out plan.
I've already answered that exact same question with ... fucked if I know. I guess Klopp thought the game was still there to be won. At least they only played 20 mins and not the full 90. A gentle workout to keep the cogs well oiled.

I've already answered that exact same question with ... fucked if I know.

Well don't talk as if it was all a wonderful and coherent master plan designed to maximise our chances of winning at the weekend,. It clearly wasn't. It was a ridiculous jumble of confused ideas and intentions that produced a predictable mess.

Absolutely bang on. It was all about giving us the best chance possible to win at Brighton - whether we do or not.

And we've been here before, where we've then gone and dropped points in the game we had "one eye on", the whole careful, well thought out planning becomes redundant.

As a result of trying to not drop points in a game you shouldn't even be focusing on, you drop out a cup and lose points anyway.

We're gonna look really fucking stupid if we drop points at the weekend

Well don't talk as if it was all a wonderful and coherent master plan designed to maximise our chances of winning at the weekend,. It clearly wasn't. It was a ridiculous jumble of confused ideas and intentions that produced a predictable mess.
Ah so you clearly disagree Klopp rotated without the intention of maximising the teams chances against Brighton ? As for the match then clearly the situation changed with the injuries/illness prior to match to Hendo and Lallana and then Lovren's after 5 mins. How would the game have been with these three in the team ? But you clearly feel these are irrelevent so please do carry on with your particular distortion of reality.

And we've been here before, where we've then gone and dropped points in the game we had "one eye on", the whole careful, well thought out planning becomes redundant.

As a result of trying to not drop points in a game you shouldn't even be focusing on, you drop out a cup and lose points anyway.

Yes we will indeed. But does that mean we shouldn't at least try ? Regardless of whether it worked for another manager and different players ? Sorry I don't get that logic.

Jesus Christ, you're one to talk about distorting reality, you just paint it red and blow smoke up it's arse.

Yes we will indeed. But does that mean we shouldn't at least try ? Regardless of whether it worked for another manager and different players ? Sorry I don't get that logic.

Try and what? Try and not lose the next game, by throwing our chances in a cup?

Whatever happens in the weekend we will still be top of the League. There are no guarantees in football and there are no easy away games in PL. We can't do anything but manage the Squad we got. We will have tough pats as well as easy pats and of course it is a bit down to momentum as well.

By your logics we should have lost away to Spurs and Arsenal so we didn't have a gap. If we then beat Wolves in FA Cup and dropped point to Brighton we at least would not "look really fucking stupid". I still think those 4 Points are ok to have and would not change them for a 4th round game in FA Cup.

Ah so you clearly disagree Klopp rotated without the intention of maximising the teams chances against Brighton ? .

Do you deliberately misunderstand what I write? What does 'jumble of confused ideas' and 'incoherent' mean? And if YOU 'clearly' think Klopp did, coherently and consistently, make all his decisions with the express aim of maximising our chances against Brighton, stop saying you have no idea why he brought on Salah and Firmino and explain the logic. Otherwise shut up winding everyone else up with your woolly thinking.

I hate going out of the cups with a whimper. It happens time and time again. We make wholesale changes and then wonder why we are so disjointed. Origi and Sturridge just walked about for an hour up front together. We were always going to conceed a goal or two with that defense. There is simply no point of Moreno ever playing for us. Clyne would have been perfect for either full back position last night but I presume there is something more going on behind the scenes for us to just loan him out like that.

I would have liked a cup run. I would have liked a trophy.

I expect us to beat Brighton on Saturday. Keeper, Big Virgil and Robertson back in. Mane, Salah and Bobby up front. Three points please so we can try put last nights game out of our minds.

Do you deliberately misunderstand what I write? What does 'jumble of confused ideas' and 'incoherent' mean? And if YOU 'clearly' think Klopp did, coherently and consistently, make all his decisions with the express aim of maximising our chances against Brighton, stop saying you have no idea why he brought on Salah and Firmino and explain the logic. Otherwise shut up winding everyone else up with your woolly thinking.
On the contrary it seems to be you who can't get his head around the idea that Klopp's motives for a playing a virtual squad/reserve team was to rest his prime players with the intention of maximising our chances of winning against Brighton. You seem to find that a 'jumble of confused ideas' and 'incoherent'. Most don't and by most I don't mean on here where FAC sentimentality reigns but by the general footballing community at large.

Maximise the chances of winning the PL or the FAC. Klopp chose his. You seem to want your cake and eat it.

Bringing on Firmino and Salah for 20 mins isn't inconsistent with wanting to keep them fresh for the next game.

On the contrary it seems to be you who can't get his head around the idea that Klopp's motives for a playing a virtual squad/reserve team was to rest his prime players with the intention of maximising our chances of winning against Brighton. You seem to find that a 'jumble of confused ideas' and 'incoherent'. Most don't and by most I don't mean on here where FAC sentimentality reigns but by the general footballing community at large.

Maximise the chances of winning the PL or the FAC. Klopp chose his. You seem to want your cake and eat it.

I'll type this extra-slowly so maybe you'll finally understand. If last night was not the result of inconsistent decisions and intentions, and was instead the result of a consistent and coherent set of decisions seeking to maximise our chances at the weekend, explain the logic of bringing on Salah and Firmino. Last chance.

It's this sort of "I speak for the majority" senselessness that really does my fucking nut in. Most fans I know, including loads who went last night, thought it was same old pathetic half hearted cup stuff.

Bringing on Firmino and Salah for 20 mins isn't inconsistent with wanting to keep them fresh for the next game.

Resting them completely would have been more consistent. Don't join in the trolling, I know it's a quiet day, but don't encourage it.

Resting them completely would have been more consistent. Don't join in the trolling, I know it's a quiet day, but don't encourage it.

Yeah it would have been more consistent to leave them out completely but there's a logic to throwing them on at the end to see if they can rescue the game - even when the competition isn't our priority.

We have to pick and choose our moments, last night was a mess because we needed to rest players who've had a tough slog through Xmas and the New Year.

I'll type this extra-slowly so maybe you'll finally understand. If last night was not the result of inconsistent decisions and intentions, and was instead the result of a consistent and coherent set of decisions seeking to maximise our chances at the weekend, explain the logic of bringing on Salah and Firmino. Last chance.
And I'll repeat it for you since you clearly don't want to acknowledge anything that doesn't fit within the strict arbitrary parameters you've set.

I've no fucking idea. Maybe he viewed 20 mins as acceptable risk but 90 mins wasn't. Maybe Klopp's parameters were more flexible than yours.

That does not mean however that Klopp didn't rotate for Brighton, which he clearly did. How difficult is it for you to acknowledge that, whether you agree with it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom