• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Brighton & Hove Albion v Liverpool Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd have liked to have see Keita start this. Unsure if klopp will risk bringing him on, although his running & that shoulder drop turn he always tries would be very nice at times in this match.

Who'd have thought it? I thought this being a totally different Liverpool team to midweek meant there would be no pressure or confidence issue? Oh wait.
Obviously I was hoping being cynical earlier in the week wouldn't coming back to haunt us...but hmmm so far

Wijnaldum has been boss defensively, mops up like thick white bread on gravy. Him and Hendo is too crabby for this game though

Anyway. We are just missing a way to get behind them. Keep playing like this and they'll tire

When Shaqiri turned and carried the ball out of the back towards the end of the half, then played it to Robertson, showed us how to break them down. Need a ball carrier, not just a bunch of 8 yard square passes like molasses in January.

Slow and predicatable. Our midfield are standing off, there have been umpteen headers out that have landed in space and we've no-one picking them up. And on that subject why are we pumping crosses into Duffy and Dunk FFS ? Into feet and guaranteed they'll make errors.

Henderson and Wijnaldum looking very ponderous. Not the best combination for a game like this. We're actually missing Fabinho in midfield - he moves the ball faster and with more purpose than either of these two.

Keita perhaps? It's really time he offered us something this season.

When Shaqiri turned and carried the ball out of the back towards the end of the half, then played it to Robertson, showed us how to break them down. Need a ball carrier, not just a bunch of 8 yard square passes like molasses in January.
I think only Gini in the 44th minute has actually dribbled past his man. We need more of that because otherwise we are plying in front of them and trying to thread it through using a gazillion intricate passes. Maybe Keita is the answer (for Hendo or Gini).

We will win this. A little more tempo on the ball while we keep the pressure high and it will be very tough for them.2-0 for us .

That was exactly the first half I expect.

We've done well without creating many chances.

Trent looking injured doesn't help. Locadia is playing high up and the space is there on the right wing for us.

Clearly we don't want to use Milner as we are worried about 2 midfielders on the right side of our defence.

I suspect we will have to score late as they tire. We just have to ensure we don't lose concentration and gift them a goal.

Henderson and Wijnaldum looking very ponderous. Not the best combination for a game like this. We're actually missing Fabinho in midfield - he moves the ball faster and with more purpose than either of these two.

Keita perhaps? It's really time he offered us something this season.
It's exactly what I said pre game

Fabinho gives the attack a stable platform

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom