• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Brighton & Hove Albion v Liverpool - Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
* Tough game for Neco, but he'll be better because of it.
* If their RB was a LB, I'd say sign up to be Robbo's back up
* Hendo - hope injury is minor. The team is better with him in the first 11
* Keita - best player since league re-started. He seems 'slower' than he was back in Germany, but his off ball pressure and passing is top class. Hopefully, he can stay healthy and give Klopp a selection headache for next year.
* Salah - was on the whole night. Should have had more goals and assists.
* Bobby - all his luck has dried out this year. Expect 50 goals next year to make up for it.
* Klopp - pity Elliot or Jones couldn't get some minutes here.

Alisson - 6 - not much to do despite Brighton's attacking prowess. No keeper could have done much about the goal.

Williams - 6 - Would have been a 7 if he had kept up the early promise.
VvD - 8 - Imperious
Gomez - 4 - so disappointed. A big fan but he was all over the place yesterday and to say he was naive at times would be understating it.
AA - 5 - where have his signature crosses gone ? Defensively dubious as well.

Gini - 6 - ghosted his way through the game with the odd highlight, mostly early on before disappearing when Brighton gained ascendancy
Hendo - 6 - a point more for the goal otherwise a good Gini-impersonation
Keita - 8.5 (just to ensure MoM status) - This is what we signed him for, both defensively and as a creative force.

Salah - 8 - could and should have had a hattrick but can't fault his hunger and he generally kept possession well.
Firmino - 7 - he's still the attacking glue despite our fast start.
Ox - 5 - he's not doing himself any favours and he's not a left sided forward.

SUBS
Millie - 6 - a smattering of errr, professional, fouls.
Robbo - 6 - a tad better going forward than of late but it's defensively he needs to buck up his ideas (saying copyright my Grandmother/Mother).
Minamino - 5.5 - not much time but disappointing to see him bullied off the ball. Still he has nice touches and really should be getting some assists at least.
Mane - 6.5 - hungry and I thought he might get his goal.
Fabinho - 7 - class, and is certainly a fixture for our important matches.

The bright RW looked a great prospect. Has anyone seen him much before today?

He seemed more of your touch line winger rather than our inverted ones, but he certainly looked one to keep an eye on.

It's not moaning when we're just pointing out how the most prolific goalscorer in our history could and should improve, and we don't underate Salah at all.

He can improve though. Its not as though we're saying he should score 10 more goals a season, we're pointing out a few frustrations that are obviously felt by Mane too. Who underrated him? Who moaned about him?

The bright RW looked a great prospect. Has anyone seen him much before today?

He seemed more of your touch line winger rather than our inverted ones, but he certainly looked one to keep an eye on.

He played right back, but he gets forward so much I can see why you thought he was a winger! In fact, I think he started as a winger.

The signed him from Chelsea in January, I believe. I've watched a few Brighton games since the restart and he's looked good in all of them. Not sure whether he'll go on to be top class, but he looks an interesting prospect.

Lamptey is a numpty

latest

Alisson - 6 - Decent
Williams - 6 - Once he gets into the final 3rd, his priority needs to be getting the ball off to someone else or crossing, not trying to score. Just a kid so gets a break.
VvD - 8 - Thou shalt not pass
Gomez - 4 - I'm going off this lad quickly, looking at his eyes last night a couple of times, he looked off his tits. I still think we need a proper partner for Virgil. His beard annoys me
AA - 6 - Not a lot out of him but we seemed to send more down the left
Gini - 5 - Jogging around doing nothing as per
Hendo - 6.5 - Cracking goal, thought he was quiet apart from that
Keita - 8 - Another good performance, hope he stays fit
Salah - 8 - Put his foot through the ball for a change for the first, keep it up
Firmino - 7 - Offensively I didn't think he was great, but worked his balls off and kept breaking up play and pouncing on their defence
Ox - 4 - Usual Ox level performance, waste of space

Subs
Milner- 6 - A calm head, comes in and imposes himself
Robbo - 6 - Decent, ok, but not at the level we know he can produce at the moment
Minamino - 5 - Didn't have long to make an impact so hard to judge, but I still don't think he's very good from what we have seen
Mane - 7 - Ok, decent, looked lively
Fabinho - 7 - Solid, needed a rest but brings a calm when he does play

Alisson - 6 - Decent
Williams - 6 - Once he gets into the final 3rd, his priority needs to be getting the ball off to someone else or crossing, not trying to score. Just a kid so gets a break.
VvD - 8 - Thou shalt not pass
Gomez - 4 - I'm going off this lad quickly, looking at his eyes last night a couple of times, he looked off his tits. I still think we need a proper partner for Virgil. His beard annoys me
AA - 6 - Not a lot out of him but we seemed to send more down the left
Gini - 5 - Jogging around doing nothing as per
Hendo - 6.5 - Cracking goal, thought he was quiet apart from that
Keita - 8 - Another good performance, hope he stays fit
Salah - 8 - Put his foot through the ball for a change for the first, keep it up
Firmino - 7 - Offensively I didn't think he was great, but worked his balls off and kept breaking up play and pouncing on their defence
Ox - 4 - Usual Ox level performance, waste of space

Subs
Milner- 6 - A calm head, comes in and imposes himself
Robbo - 6 - Decent, ok, but not at the level we know he can produce at the moment
Minamino - 5 - Didn't have long to make an impact so hard to judge, but I still don't think he's very good from what we have seen
Mane - 7 - Ok, decent, looked lively
Fabinho - 7 - Solid, needed a rest but brings a calm when he does play

Good ratings.
Gomez looked lost in this game, and it even affected Virgil, so I find 8 generous.
Ox is worrying. Rest was all right.

Good ratings.
Gomez looked lost in this game, and it even affected Virgil, so I find 8 generous.
Ox is worrying. Rest was all right.
By “Good Ratings” do you actually mean “This is one of the worst submissions to the SCM site in memory, oh god, where the fuck do I start with this shite?”. You do, don’t you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom