• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Bye-bye Sakho

Status
Not open for further replies.

rurikbird

Part of the Furniture
Honorary Member
c3itonywqaai2h2.jpg

He had potential to become if not captain then at least cult hero. Flawed, divisive, but talented player who loved LFC, played with all his heart on the field and did many heart-warming, silly or just flat-out weird things off the field. Was royally screwed by FIFA days before the most important tournament of his life (partly his fault for not being more careful). I won't fancy facing him when we play Palace, but other than in those games wish him the best. YNWA Mamadou!

Last edited:
I thought he was awful 9/10

Bye you big lumbering clod hoofed bastard.

Curious fella. I think his heart was in the right place even if his head was in the clouds and his legs seemed to be uncoordinated.

He really isn't, unless your idea of defending is throwing yourself on the floor every time an opponent with the ball comes near

I thought that was Lovren's special move. X, Y, Up, Down, Left, Left, A. Fall over.

Nah, take a look at this compilation of Sakho's "defending skills". The guy probably throws himself to the ground when phone rings in his pocket

If he did something else much more serious, about which we don't know, then fair enough, Klopp needed to take a stand. If he only did what we know he did - and one of those incidents was the fault of those idiots at LFCTV who gave him a camera and told him to walk around being 'funny' - then Klopp handled the whole thing really stupidly. He seems a good bloke who was brilliant representing us around the local community. As a player, I liked him more than some fans did, but he could have been a useful squad player for us, at least in the short term. He's probably better suited to the blood and bullets battles of a team like Palace, so good luck to him, except when he players against us.

If he did something else much more serious, about which we don't know, then fair enough, Klopp needed to take a stand. If he only did what we know he did - and one of those incidents was the fault of those idiots at LFCTV who gave him a camera and told him to walk around being 'funny' - then Klopp handled the whole thing really stupidly. He seems a good bloke who was brilliant representing us around the local community. As a player, I liked him more than some fans did, but he could have been a useful squad player for us, at least in the short term. He's probably better suited to the blood and bullets battles of a team like Palace, so good luck to him, except when he players against us.
Yeah I read somewhere that he did loads in that regard. Fair play. So all in a good bloke but a cheery wave goodbye from me.

He's better than Lovren, Klavan and Lucas when he was cb here. We're shit there and a bit light, so it doesn't make sense to me. But Klopp hates him so was never gonna work. Good luck.

I thought a lot of the criticism Sakho got was superficial, centring on his clumsy-looking style without apparently noticing how few of his passes actually went astray or how many physical battles he won. That said, the very fact that Klopp bombed him out despite our undoubted problems at CB - which he would never have done if he didn't think he had to - tells me that the underlying reason/s must have been serious (I simply don't believe it was all down to being late for one training session) and, if that's right, keeping him would ultimately have done more harm than good.

Shame it didn't work out in the end, but I wish Sakho all the best, except obv.for when we play them.

I belong in the "good riddance" camp. I wish him all the best, except when they play us (and since I'm no big fan of Palace I wouldn't mind seeing them relegated)

I liked him as a player. But it's not like a host of top clubs were queuing up to take him so fuck knows.

We still made a profit on him, didn't we? How much did we buy him for, originally?

I bet there was more to the failed drug test than was in the public domain.

I'm fucking positive there was.

The way we froze him out & the aggressive stance we took suggests to me we knew of some serious drug use that the tested substance was covering up.

He really isn't, unless your idea of defending is throwing yourself on the floor every time an opponent with the ball comes near
I think you've confused him with that Exocet missile called Moreno.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom