• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Car insurance dilemma

This sounds like laundered money to me.

I'm not sure how it could be laundered. Isn't the whole idea of money laundering to get rid of the dirty money and replace it with clean money.

In this scenario you're only getting rid of the dirty money but there doesn't seem to be any money coming back to them....

I'm not sure how it could be laundered. Isn't the whole idea of money laundering to get ride of the dirty money and replace it with clean money.

In this scenario you're only getting rid of the dirty money but there doesn't seem to be any money coming back to them....

Indeed, but assuming they're going to pay him back regardless, this is an easy way to make full use of that money.

Indeed, but assuming they're going to pay him back regardless, this is an easy way to make full use of that money.

It's still not laundering the money though. How can they explain where they got the money to pay a guy three times the value of his car for keeping shtum?

I reckon he needs to be a hero and report this to the authorities and rumble something nasty.

It is possible that Jon could come to a sticky end. He could be saving a few lorry loads of Lithuanian women from being forced into giving fat British fella's sticky ends.

I reckon he needs to be a hero and report this to the authorities and rumble something nasty.

It is possible that Jon could come to a sticky end. He could be saving a few lorry loads of Lithuanian women from being forced into giving fat British fella's sticky ends.

So, you're saying that SCM should organise some sort of sting operation to liberate a container load of women? That sounds so crazy it might just work.

The SCM-team. I love it when a plan sort-of comes together.

Nobody else worried that Jon hasn't posted in this thread in over a day?
I wonder will he have internet access in Lithuania and fill us in on what happened?

It's still not laundering the money though. How can they explain where they got the money to pay a guy three times the value of his car for keeping shtum?

They're paying him in cash, so they'd take it straight from the profit of one of their dodgy operations, in effect making full use of the money by not needing to launder it. In paying cash, and their being no evidence of what happened, so they won't have to explain anything.

I hope Jon let someone know where he'd be at what time, and made the transaction under cctv

The 'transaction' won't be until Monday afternoon. I'll be well covered, no worries.

They're paying him in cash, so they'd take it straight from the profit of one of their dodgy operations, in effect making full use of the money by not needing to launder it. In paying cash, and their being no evidence of what happened, so they won't have to explain anything.
I suppose you're right.

There's a few businesses near me I'm convinced are money laundering operations. One is a video club that never has anyone in it and the other is a butcher's shop that never has anyone in it, sometimes it has very little meat in it too.

A video club? What the fuck is a video club?

Surely you don't mean a video hire place? They don't exist anymore over here!

A video club? What the fuck is a video club?

Surely you don't mean a video hire place? They don't exist anymore over here!
That's what I mean. A video club. You have to join up before they let you hire a video, therefore it's a club.

There's still a few of them here, I've no idea who uses them.

Ha - Glad you are ok Jon lad - Give me a shout if you need some back up on Monday. You know what a unit I am! Also there must be something seriously fucking dodgy in the back of that lorry for them to settle up!

@Red Astaire will be hiding in a car peaking though some improvised 'car-curtains'. He's a pro at spying.

I have a suspicious nature it's true. Which reminds me I have a strong suspicion my next door neighbour but one is a collector of rare and possibly banned bird of prey eggs. I'd list the reasons why but you'd all think I was crazy...

EDIT : I'm not crazy - There are lots of packets of raisins frequenting their front garden. Need I say more? :whistle:

Come on what's the score? - Has Jon all the numbers successfully negotiated the transfer with the Lithuanians? Enquiring minds need to know! @jon545660 fess up!

Back
Top Bottom