• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Carries Us Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's made some gaffes, like a lot of lower league Keepers. He has a future. Just not in the top leagues. He just has to own it, I guess.

I can confidently say that he's the most embarrassing keeper I've ever seen play for Liverpool and I've seen every keeper from Grobbelaar to Alisson.

David James had his moments, but it was nothing like this. Not even close.

I'm talking regular keepers not 3rd choice etc.

He really was more confident than Ming when he first started at Liverpool; he would not crumble after a misplaced pass or something. He was sound enough in the run up to the final too. I feel sorry for him; hope he can mentally recover some day, but frankly Turkey is probably not the perfect place for it.

He really was more confident than Ming when he first started at Liverpool; he would not crumble after a misplaced pass or something. He was sound enough in the run up to the final too. I feel sorry for him; hope he can mentally recover some day, but frankly Turkey is probably not the perfect place for it.

Sound enough?

What? That City game was horrific

Whatever, you don’t get to the CL final if your GK is a liability. Every player contributed to that run and deserves some measure of respect for it.
He let a shot right through his hands and it hit the crossbar in the 5-2 v Roma. He also got a bollocking on the pitch from Henderson during that match for being his normal useless self. He should never have played in the final.

Spot on, and your subsequent response to the one with no name.

That said, I think it would actually be good for him if he moved onto something else, he is never going to get over that final, and history will be cruel to him because I don't think any of us have ever seen a final where a goal-keeper has failed so badly. It will live long in everyone's memory.

Spot on, and your subsequent response to the one with no name.

That said, I think it would actually be good for him if he moved onto something else, he is never going to get over that final, and history will be cruel to him because I don't think any of us have ever seen a final where a goal-keeper has failed so badly. It will live long in everyone's memory.

"Something else" being not-football?

Whatever, you don’t get to the CL final if your GK is a liability. Every player contributed to that run and deserves some measure of respect for it.

He was awful in that campaign. Gifted City an incorrectly disallowed goal, spilled one on to the bar against Roma early in the first leg and gave away a couple of very soft goals away to Roma.

The fact that as soon as the transfer window opened we went “fuck it’ and coughed up a world record fee for a keeper kinda says it all.

I do feel bad for the guy though. He didn’t hide after the final, went up to the fans to apologise. That took guts.

That game is gonna be with him the rest of his life, he doesn’t deserve to have people constantly waiting on the sidelines for an opportunity to laugh.

I think the fact we won it the year after and have Alisson now has softened the blow. For me it has, anyway. He's still a fucking mess as a goalkeeper, but I don't hate him anymore. I just wish he'd bugger off somewhere else for good.

Simply not mentally robust enough is he? Oscillates between 100% unbridled self confidence and crushing self doubt and feeling victimised. All the bravado with his girlfriend and the cars etc in Liverpool seemed paper-thin to me - looked like someone who knew he was out of his league

Mentality is critical to being a goalkeeper, isn't it? It's like being a race car driver or a boxer.

All the skill, reflexes and tactical intelligence in the world can't save you if you don't have the personality.

There is no point in discussing his future with us, as he clearly will not come back here.

Not sure what is up next for him. A goalie for a top team is not to busy, but need to be 100% sharp when called upon. Maybe he is better off in a team who is not in that position. A team where he is more involved and you will expect one or two against every now and then.

I hope his fucking plane crashes

Karius is the sort of twat who has a pilot's licence, and when offered that once in a lifetime James Bond-type moment to be a fucking hero:
"Oh My God! The pilot has died and the co-pilot is unconscious...Does.....does anyone here know how to fly a plane?!"

Karius steps forward, flashes his licence and proclaims calmly:
"Don't worry Ma'am, I can fly. Everyone, please don't panic: I can get this baby down safely"

And then fucking crashes the plane anyway.

After that shambles of a final I think most felt at least a little sorry for him. It's been mentioned a few times, but that video lost him most of that sympathy. He seemed more interested in redeeming himself to potential sponsors than his teammates and fans. Says it all about the useless prick really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom