• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Champions League Final Drinkies 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoxForceFive

6CM Addict
Administrator
Ok, we need to get moving early this year, we missed out on loads of venues last year cos we were late sorting it.

Now, I loved the venue last year, but there is the 'jinx' issue. So I'm thinking Motel.

It's owned & run by the same people, same massive screen, plus other screens too, will have the same strict numbers, laid back security & a decent amount of staff so shouldnt have the issues that so many other places had last year (there were loads of horror stories about overcrowded venues & not being able to get served, aggro security etc).

Tickets are on sale now, if anyone wants somewhere different, or to hiold out for the place from last year (they havent put any info or tickets out for it yet) let me know, otherwise let me know numbers ASAP.

Tickets are £12.50.

If you want to buy your own tickets, then this is the link:

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/mote...l-fc-vs-tottenham-hotspur-tickets-61609035283

So far we have coming:

FFF
Oncey
Fabio
Mark (FFF's mate)
Hass
Mark's mate 1
Mark's mate 2
Dr Mac
Posh Dave (Dr Mac's mate)
Insig (ticket bought, unsure of attendance)
Ijg (no ticket for Motel as yet)
ILD
ILD mate 1
ILD mate 2
ILD mate 3
ILD mate 4

Last edited:
Last year it was cardboard cut outs, this year it's a corpse. Whatever will be there at the next final?

Right I'm waiting on a mate possibly joining me in Madrid but can you count me in tentatively ple

Right I'm waiting on a mate possibly joining me in Madrid but can you count me in tentatively ple

We're all just buying our tickets individually mate, they've only just gone on sale so hopefully got a couple of days before they sell out (no way to actually know for sure obv). We may get a couple of spares sorted just in case, not sure yet.

I am originally in Italy and my father who is a Spurs fan is there visiting me. Would be bad to leave him on his own for the biggest game of his SPurs supporting career. Puh. Ill buy one anyway as a back up as the final is 3 fucking months away (feels like) and my mind changes twice every minute on what to do. So you probably have a spare like last time.

Are they likely to put a screen at Anfield?

Apparently not. Not confirmed yet, but a couple of people involved with the club have unofficially said they're setting up for the Take That concert so wont be able to screen it.

That may well change, I bet the club are desperately trying to work around it, cos they'll make a shitload screening it.

Ok, we need to get moving early this year, we missed out on loads of venues last year cos we were late sorting it.

Now, I loved the venue last year, but there is the 'jinx' issue. So I'm thinking Motel.

It's owned & run by the same people, same massive screen, plus other screens too, will have the same strict numbers, laid back security & a decent amount of staff so shouldnt have the issues that so many other places had last year (there were loads of horror stories about overcrowded venues & not being able to get served, aggro security etc).

Tickets are on sale now, if anyone wants somewhere different, or to hiold out for the place from last year (they havent put any info or tickets out for it yet) let me know, otherwise let me know numbers ASAP.

Tickets are £12.50.

If you want to buy your own tickets, then this is the link:

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/mote...l-fc-vs-tottenham-hotspur-tickets-61609035283

Motel? Is that what Oncy meant when he said "Metro"? Fucking div.

Motel? Is that what Oncy meant when he said "Metro"? Fucking div.

Hadnt seen him say that. We went to Death Row Diner last year, it was ace, huge screen, other smaller screens, busy but not packed, easy going security, food available, & loads of bar/waiting on staff.

It's the same owners, so same screen, should be same strict numbers to stop it being too packed & decent staff numbers. It's the same owner & manager, both of whom own/run TAW as well, so they're big reds & have a reputation to worry about, which means it's in their best interest to not ram the place, whereas last year the amount of people complaining about venues being too full & not being able to get a drink was just ridiculous. There's no guarantee like, but should be decent.

Thats my decision made then
No way we can't get one ticket mate. We'll just wait for a group to turn up & ask, I bet almost every group booking will have spare tickets. If we needed a load it'd be a lot more unlikely obv.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom