• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Charlie Adam

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote author=jono@home link=topic=42898.msg1360839#msg1360839 date=1309976134]
speaking of fat bastereds.. Insua seems to have lost some weight.. Must of had the shits constantly whilst on loan in turkey

118454008ap013_liverpool_fc.jpg

[/quote]

He looks like Stig of the Dump there

[quote author=localny link=topic=42898.msg1361726#msg1361726 date=1310098099]
Funny from the Mirror

"With Adam joining the likes of Andy Carroll, Steven Gerrard, Glen Johnson and Martin Kelly, it reinforces the view that Dalglish (inset) wants to populate his squad with players who have a ­Christian name where their surname should be."
[/quote]

Who the fuck has Johnson as a first name?

Zackly. And Kelly's mainly a surname too, the King's daughter notwithstanding.

It would make more sense if they came at this from the opposite direction and asked where the fashion for giving girls surnames as Christian names (Kelly, Meredith, Madison, Page etc.etc.) comes from.

I would love fucking Insua make people eat their words, and I think he is capable under the right manager and circumstances

regards

[quote author=Vlads Quiff link=topic=42898.msg1362633#msg1362633 date=1310257685]
I would love fucking Insua make people eat their words, and I think he is capable under the right manager and circumstances

regards
[/quote]Im with you on that one. He's not a bad footballer, he just got his position wrong.... A LOT. If that can be taught then there is hope.

[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=42898.msg1362637#msg1362637 date=1310257824]
[quote author=Vlads Quiff link=topic=42898.msg1362633#msg1362633 date=1310257685]

regards
[/quote]Im with you on that one. He's not a bad footballer, he just got his position wrong.... A LOT. If that can be taught then there is hope.
[/quote]

It should be the law that anyone who did not make it under Rafa must be given a second chance

regards

We should be after a new left back but I'd keep hold of him until then... Aurelio's sure to get hurt and it would be nice to have an option other than Robinson at the spot (Johnson should be playing right back, Kelly should be at centre back before that's brought up).

[quote author=Vlads Quiff link=topic=42898.msg1362641#msg1362641 date=1310257958]
[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=42898.msg1362637#msg1362637 date=1310257824]

regards
[/quote]

It should be the law that anyone who did not make it under Rafa must be given a second chance

regards
[/quote]

Ha... fair point.

regards
[/quote]

Agreed.

He would destroy reserve teams with his attacking threat. Rafa wouldnt let him pass the half way line. id like to see him at least given a chance.

[quote author=gareth_thomas link=topic=42898.msg1362699#msg1362699 date=1310265268]

regards
[/quote]

Agreed.

He would destroy reserve teams with his attacking threat. Rafa wouldnt let him pass the half way line. id like to see him at least given a chance.
[/quote]

???
Rafa encouraged every single one of his fullbacks tocross the halfway line and overlap te midfielders. That was the whole point of his 4-2-3-1.
Insua went up the pitch plenty of times. He was just too thick to know when to do it, and too slow to make up for his stupid positioning.

Insua? Really? He was given his chance under Rafa, and for a while he looked very promising.
A bit raw, but he was still young, right? I was sure he would be amazing if only given time.
Well time passed, and he became really really shit, and I see no reason to be the least bit excited about his return.
You guys must have very selective memories to believe otherwise.
Edit: also +1 to what junior said

[quote author=eecheerow link=topic=42898.msg1362686#msg1362686 date=1310261949]
We should be after a new left back but I'd keep hold of him until then... Aurelio's sure to get hurt and it would be nice to have an option other than Robinson at the spot (Johnson should be playing right back, Kelly should be at centre back before that's brought up).
[/quote]

My paper this morning says that we aren't after a new LB at this stage and that Magic will keep the job, at least for now. I don't have a problem with that and I don't agree with you that he "should be playing right back". AFAIC he was better defensively on the left and still got forward well.

LUKE Varney has tipped former Blackpool team-mate Charlie Adam to seize his chance at Liverpool and make a success of his move to Anfield.

Former Seasiders loan striker Varney is also settling in at a new club following his move from Derby to Portsmouth. It may not be as big a step Adam has taken, but Varney insists the Scot won’t be at all daunted by his new surroundings.

Varney said: “It’s a big move but he can handle it. He has a good temperament to cope with what he faces and he certainly has the ability.

“His passing is superb and he is a goalscorer as well. With quality players around him at Liverpool he will only improve there.”

And Varney insists Adam won’t be happy to bide his time but will be anxious to become a first-team regular without delay. The 28-year-old added: “Charlie is very ambitious. I feel he will do well at Liverpool.

“Steven Gerrard and Jordan Henderson are already there and able to play in the middle of the park, along with people like Lucas.

“But Charlie will go in there and give Kenny Dalglish a headache because he will want to play every week – and when he gets the chance he is determined enough to take it.”

People have to stop thinking Charlie has just popped up on the radar because of his years at Blackpool. He has been at a massive club in Rangers and played Champions League football. He knows what to do.”

As for his own £750,000 move, Varney said: “I came down here and Steve Cotterill really impressed me. He has great drive and really wants to get this club promoted. I really feel working with Steve will help improve me.”

Insua?

It's not Rafa's fault he moves like treacle,Vladders. He'll never be good enough.

Still better than Konchesky probably.

regards
[/quote]

I'm reading Roy Evan's book at the moment (Chapter after chapter of general Liverpool history with one sentence added at the end to state that Roy was there) and it claims that they had to work on Hansens positioning when he first came to the club.

I have seen so many numbers these day, that i can't tell the difference between anything anymore.

Can someone have a look at the above stats and reassure me that we have indeed bought a good player?

Adam’s pass completion was up from last weeks 75% and he registered an 81% pass completion against Arsenal. The chalkboard below shows the range of passing from Adam.

adam_cb_afc.png

Through Balls

Adam played two through balls and both were accurate. One of them was a brilliant pass, slicing Arsenal’s right side apart, to send Downing through who forced a save from the Arsenal keeper in the second half.

Chipped Passes

Liverpool’s newest playmaker also made four chipped passes of which only one was successful (25%).

Long Balls

Out of his five long balls attempted two were on the money equating to a 40% success rate for his long balls.

Long Passes (from defence to attack)

Adam attempted six long passes from defence and four of these were successful giving an accuracy of 67%. Another sign that he’s going to be taking the role of Alonso in the Liverpool team.

I also believe that Adam compliments Lucas and gives him more support in the battling stats. We’ve compiled the stats below.

adam_lucas.png

As you can see Lucas and Adam combined to put in 55% of the whole team’s tackles. They also made a combined 41% of the team’s interceptions. Together they made 31% of the side’s ground duels (50-50 challenges). An amazing set of statistics and it shows that these two could become an excellent central midfield partnership. Adam can add the creativity that was missing last season when Lucas and Spearing were playing however he also adds in excellent tackling skills. Adam has made eight tackles so far this season and has won every single one of them. He’s not really known for his tackling but we really hope this will point out to everyone that he has this in his locker.

adam.png

Charlie Adam has had to adapt his game since his summer switch to Liverpool. Last season at Blackpool, he was the main man – and with Ian Holloway playing an attacking 4-3-3 system with a lot of width, Adam was asked to spray the ball wide as often as possible.

The downside to Adam's style at Blackpool was that he gave the ball away with alarming frequency
, as mentioned in this column. You can't ask a player to constantly try ambitious passes and expect him not to concede possession a few times, but at times last season Adam was conceding possession more often than he was maintaining it.

At Liverpool, he has settled down and now looks for a simple pass first. The game against Bolton showed this – he achieved a 69% pass completion ratio, compared to his performance at home to Bolton last season, where he managed just 51%. And, as the chalkboard shows, he's still capable of more spectacular long balls, with a couple of diagonals out to Stewart Downing on the left.

Adam may now be a first pick at Anfield but he's adamant he still doesn't see himself as an automatic starter for Scotland.

He will undoubtedly be in the side to face the Czechs, though, and didn't hesitate to say anything less than a win will be a disaster.

He said: "I wouldn't take my place with Liverpool or Scotland for granted. I'd never do that after the disappointments I had before at Rangers.

"If I'm given the chance I want to take it. It's a must-win on Saturday and we'll be doing everything to try to get the victory.

"If we don't, it will be a major disappointment again. We've had a lot of them recently so let's be positive and try to get three points."

Scotland team to face Czech Republic: McGregor, Hutton, Caldwell, Berra, Bardsley, Naismith, Fletcher, Adam, Brown, Morrison, Miller

Charlie Adam - Zero To Hero - 2011/2012 - Liverpool Fc - HD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom