1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
    Dismiss Notice
Why Not Register?

It only takes a few minutes to register on SixCrazyMinutes

Click Here

Chelsea v Liverpool Match Thread

Discussion in 'The Football Forum' started by FoxForceFive, Sep 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. binomial

binomial Very Active Member

No I disagree

I dont see how if an initial foul takes place outside the box, a pen can be awarded

2. ibromurph

ibromurph Well-Known Member

I've just posted the screenshot (in the post above this one) just as contact was made, and one of his feet were inside the box?

That was the first point of contact. Whilst he was in the box.

If anything, it started inside the box and continued as he rolled outside of it.

3. Woland

Woland Part of the Furniture Member

I've only just got in and read this thread and FFS you people are mental. Brilliant win. Enjoy it.

Also pens are given for fouls where contact is made and not players are in the box

4. Barba Roja

Barba Roja Plundering since 2005... Member

Yeah I thought that at the time as well. He wasn't half banging on about it. Silly tit.

5. Y1

Y1 Klopp Kop Member

Am glad I slept blissfully through the match to wake up to a great result. 3 points is all that matter. I don't care how well they played or how poorly we did. 3 points. Yeah. And no hibbygibbby nerve jangling for me. Am grateful to be spared. YNWA.

Portly and doctor_mac like this.
  6. Roopy

Roopy Very Active Member

Was reading through a few match reports and came across this great pic of Salah from the match.

[​IMG]

Frogfish, Tinto, Shadey and 1 other person like this.
  7. King Binny

King Binny Very Well-Known Honorary Member

8. RedStar

RedStar Well-Known Member

Matip has been better than Virg so far this season, I never thought Id say that.

keniget, Modo and binomial like this.
  9. KopRed

KopRed Very Active Member

We've struck gold with Adrian.

The good.
    Signed up as number 2 so no more of that rotation nonsense.
    Performed well when required.
    Made some top saves.
    Won us a cup that mattered.
    Seems like a nice fella.

The weird
    Obligatory ridiculous mistake which didn't cost us anything.
    Over the top celebration after winning the super cup.
    Injured by a fan while celebrating.

Fast becoming a cult hero.

moron, iseered, peekay and 9 others like this.
  10. Shadey

Shadey Well-Known Member

We now have a point more after 6 games than villa finished with at the end of the 15/16 season

Aston Villa (2015-16)

peekay, darkstarexodus, Tinto and 2 others like this.
  11. Modo

Modo A contentious scando Member

Stay classy Chelsea...
    [​IMG]

doctor_mac, peekay, Shadey and 3 others like this.
  12. manwithnoname

manwithnoname Bravo old man. Bravo. Member

RRRRRRRrrrrRRRRRRrrrrrrRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAATIIIIIIINNNNGS!

There's something left over from the early Abramovich/ Terry/ Mourinho years at Chelsea that makes me dread playing Chelsea, and also despise them. They've long been one of my top hated teams, almost on a par with United and Everton, so any victory is a sweet, sweet delight.

Admittedly, they seem less hateful (and less of a threat) these days under Lampard, who was always the best of that bad lot, but it's still a fixture I look for, and Chelsea did, especially in the second half, play well. This was led by Kante, who was again the best player on the pitch in this fixture.

We were on top in the first half, and scored two fine goals, which should have been a platform to get more, but we seemed to fade badly after an hour, with loose passing and a lack of zip in general, and ended up clinging on for the win. But win we did. Boss.

Adrian (7) Abraham fucked up his shot when clean through, but the keeper did everything right to encourage it. Made some good catches and generally looked sound. Well played again.

TAA (8) Much better than the poor display against Napoli, and an extra point for the thumping free-kick goal. He still had a few jittery moments in each half, but was otherwise impressive, despite Chelsea targeting him.

Matip (8) The pick of the defenders - not for the first time this season - Matip was defiant as Chelsea pressed hard, especially in the second half. Strong in the challenge and didn't lose many battles, this was most impressive. MOTM.

Virgil (7) Ball in - head away. Ball in - head away. Organised and marshalled the defence around him with his usual aplomb.

Robertson (7) Had a battle with Willian that kept him busy in his own half, but still found time to deliver yet another assist onto Firmino's head, and then slalomed his way through Chelsea in the closing minutes with another trademark run. Improved display compared to the Napoli game, and getting back to his normal high levels.

Henderson (7) Like quite a few of the Liverpool team, he was great in the first half, but dipped badly in the second. Weird, as it's often the other way around. He was everywhere in the opening 45 minutes, bossing the midfield and sucking the oxygen out of Chelsea's players with his suffocating pressing. Perhaps could have done better with his final ball, though and will not be pleased at ceding control to Kante later on.

Fabinho (7) Bit like Henderson really, smashed into tackles and drove forward in typical fashion for an hour, and we were well on top, but seemed to slump after an hour and the energy levels and aggression went down a level or two. Woeful for Kante's goal, reacting and moving in slow fucking motion like a hod-carrier after five lunchtime Stellas.

Wijnaldum (5) Hard to score this. He was fucking dreadful at the start, and we may as well have been playing with 10 men (although his midfield partners were doing the job of two each, so that was fine). He slowly played himself into the game, making himself available and using the ball quietly and effectively, and was right on top of things as the half ended, but was another who then seemed to lose energy, and start making mistakes. One ballooned shot late on was so typically Wijnaldum it was almost laughable. Overall, it was pretty average.

Salah (4) He was always trying to make things happen, and saw quite a bit of the ball, but he just couldn't find the time and space he needs, and his touch seemed miles off, like he was wearing the wrong size boots. Poor display.

Mane (5) He's never going to hide, or slack off, and his pace was always a threat, but, like his mate, at times his touch was about as delightful as a Gujarati leper

Firmino (7) Extra point for the fine headed goal. Wasn't really that involved at times, although his clever movement was at least creating a bit of space, but we didn't exploit it well enough and the Chelsea defenders were quite disciplined overall. Carried on working hard, but his football got worse as the team collectively dropped a level.

Esoteric likes this.
  13. binomial

binomial Very Active Member

You pretty much get that in every game whether Chelsea play Liverpool or Burnley play Brighton

But I'd imagine asking Chelsea fans to stay classy would be an impossible task for them

14. Insignificance

Insignificance Bad to the bone Member

I saw there was a Eden Hazard flag behind their goal, but I couldn't see if they have removed the flag with Torres under the Shankly gates by now?

15. Ukrainian by marriage

Ukrainian by marriage Very Active Member

The Hazard flag was a cock-up, apparently. :)

Insignificance likes this.
  16. Mystic

Mystic Moderator Moderator

Nothing wrong with sticking your finger up at a player celebrating in front of you.

Insignificance likes this.
  17. manwithnoname

manwithnoname Bravo old man. Bravo. Member

Indeed. I wonder what anyone would expect? Polite applause? Encouraging smiles?

ibromurph likes this.
  18. Modo

Modo A contentious scando Member

19. bluebell

bluebell Very Active Member

20. tombrown

tombrown Very Well-Known Member

Yeah, but I'm pretty sure Modo was referring to the guy in a peaky blinders cap who has a penis growing out of his left ear

momoWASboss, Insignificance and Modo like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.