• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Cherries for dessert - Post Match

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a reason klopp saved him for this, Bournemouth allow the midfield a lot of time & space that other sides get.

That said, he also won back the ball a helluva lot, probably more than anyone else .

If nothing else it was a very promising glimpse at what he may be able to offer if he can get a run of games to get his match fitness up.

I had Christmas trees to do! Well, a Christmas tree. Singular.

But there's decorations to get down from the loft, new ones to buy, then you have to dress the tree, replace batteries in lights, make sure the reindeer still works (motor to move the head is a bit rusty)

I'm not even finished yet!

I don't have the TIME
You think you have it bad, Spare a thought for those poor crazy bastards in Germany who think it's fun to put up as many original trees in their home as they can, 300 this year and they started in August! They are aiming for 500 next year.

The human race is way beyond redemption.

Bournemouth were OK until their best defender went off injured, and about 5 seconds late they gave up.

The Red Juggernaut rolls on! Bournemouth actually seemed to lie down in front of us and just let themselves be squished. What an insipid, listless display from the Seasiders, or whatever their fucking nickname is. The SouthCoast Shithouses would be more apposite. Oh, wait it's the Cherries isn't it? Clue in the shit thread title.

Well, they played like virgins, although they did have almost an entire team out injured. They never even gave us a game, and we were effortless in our total control of the game and result.

Alisson (n/a) Yesssssss! A clean sheet! AT LAST. Not sure he actually had anything to do actually. Did they have a shot?

Gomez (7) Nobody likes Joe at RB, least of all Joe, but he did OK. He was clearly trying to do more in attack, and even made one or two good runs and passes but he's no TAA. Looked far more at home when he shifted to CB. I Like seeing him back next to Big Virgil.

Virgil (7) "What shall I have for dinner? Need to sort the tree aswell.....oh wait there's a ball coming in, I'll just head that away....now, er,....red tinsel deffo, and maybe I'll stick it in the other room this year, I spend more time in there......I may as well have a go up front here, I don't think anyone cares - I might do a little mazy dribble and have a shot, dunno yet. Be well funny."

Lovren (5) What was wrong with him? Cramp? Pulled a hammy? Looked er...OK before that, but was as bored as anyone else given that they had Solanke in attack, who hasn't scored for them yet. Few dizzy-arsed passes, which was annoying and then went off, so hard to rate really.

Robertson (6) Who was he up against on that side? Whoever it was did fuck all, and Robbo had his flank all sewn up defensively. pretty decent game, but I was disappointed that he didn't do more with all the time, space and possession he had, but fuck it, we won easily.

Milner (7) No fuss, no messing about; a rock solid, unshowy display of craft, grit and discipline. Quintessential Milner really. God, I love him.

Henderson (8) Same as Milner in many respects, but soon realised he was all alone in the holding role, so started pinging the ball about like a boss. The long pass for Chamberlain's goal was just exquisite and he never stopped moving, working and probing. Impressive indeed.

Keita (8) Finally! A game actually made for Keita, in that he had all the time and space in the world. The snorting workhorses behind him offered a great platform, and he was also more central, instead of the weird inside-left-next-to-Fabinho position. He's still not great defensively, and sometimes doesn't seem aware of danger, but he displayed an array of clever passing and movement, always looking to get forward. Scored one, made one, thumbs up.

Chamberlain (7) Beautiful technique for the goal, finishing smartly from a Henderson wonderball. Not massively involved apart from that, he doesn't look comfortable wider, but you can't have him and Keita both playing AM, so whatyagonnado?

Salah (8) Oh, this was far more like it from the Egyptian King. Took them to the cleaners with a display full of twisting, turning menace. Cute backheel to set up Keita, and then ran onto a sumptuous through ball as Naby returned the favour to slot the third.

Firmino (4) Looked half asleep in the first half, and his touch was horrible. Improved a bit, and then wasted a couple of chances, as usual. Struggling.

Subs:

TAA (7) Came on and immediately started making things happen. He's so good.
Jones (6) Great to see and a very tidy debut. One shot over from a decent position.
Shaqiri (amazing hair)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom