• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Chinese "Devil Virus" - anyone worried?

Adds Nomad to the Rosco and Dantes Conspiracy Theorists brotherhood.

The Lab Theory is probably the LEAST likely theory (but politically expedient due to the ongoing trade wars) because Wuhan was the first major outbreak but distinctly unlikely to have been ground zero.
It's since been established that CV-19 was already in many countries, including China, but not yet in a viable mutation to create said pandemic (e.g. Italian sewage samples tested from 2019). Jeez.
Not at all. But I've always felt that the lab was the most likely (you can look back on this thread for evidence of that), and definitely was around before December 2019, possibly by a couple of months.

The wet market was probably where a mutation occurred similar to what we are seeing with the Kent and Indian Varients now to make it more transmissable.

Has anyone actually reported the Italian sewage theory with much credibility. Is that the narrative being pumped on Chinese State TV?

Not at all. But I've always felt that the lab was the most likely (you can look back on this thread for evidence of that), and definitely was around before December 2019, possibly by a couple of months.

The wet market was probably where a mutation occurred similar to what we are seeing with the Kent and Indian Varients now to make it more transmissable.

Has anyone actually reported the Italian sewage theory with much credibility. Is that the narrative being pumped on Chinese State TV?

Clarification : The wet market was not where the mutation occurred per se., it's been established it was around prior to that, but it is the place where the first major outbreak occurred, likely because of ease of transmission in such a crowded environment.

Lab : Every virus mutates thousands of times a year (just look at all the new variants we are now seeing), it's far far more likely that is how the CV-19 deadly mutation came into being than escaping from a secure lab (scientific labs in China are amongst the best and most secure in the world, the equivalent of those in the West on which they are based, see their Space program or the global cooperative to sequence the human genome - the majority of which was completed in Shanghai, for example).

Clarification : The wet market was not where the mutation occurred per se., it's been established it was around prior to that, but it is the place where the first major outbreak occurred, likely because of ease of transmission in such a crowded environment.

Lab : Every virus mutates thousands of times a year (just look at all the new variants we are now seeing), it's far far more likely that is how the CV-19 deadly mutation came into being than escaping from a secure lab (scientific labs in China are amongst the best and most secure in the world, the equivalent of those in the West on which they are based, see their Space program or the global cooperative to sequence the human genome - the majority of which was completed in Shanghai, for example).
Ok.. thanks for clarifying that the Chinese labs are the amongst the best in the world

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC416634/

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-health-brucellosis-china-idUKKBN27L1LY

US claim they voiced concerns from 2017
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...-issues-wuhan-lab-studying-bat-coronaviruses/

Haha man that's a joke right? 2004? And a vaccine plant that's not a high level scientific research centre? Seems standard for factories in China.

The third piece, from an 'Opinion' column, is more interesting but is dated April 2020 and since it's from the Washington Post, a Govt. mouthpiece, it seems to be an opening shot in the US Govt's blame game to divert attention from its own lack of action at home. It comes as no surprise that US Govt officials in China are dubious concerning anything to do with China.

Confirmation Bias in action.

Here's an interesting link from that above though ; https://www.scientificamerican.com/...wn-viruses-from-sars-to-the-new-coronavirus1/

This bit underlines my comment above :
Research by Chinese experts published in the Lancet in January showed the first known patient, identified on Dec. 1, had no connection to the market, nor did more than one-third of the cases in the first large cluster. Also, the market didn’t sell bats.

Haha man that's a joke right? 2004? And a vaccine plant that's not a high level scientific research centre? Seems standard for factories in China.

The third piece, from an 'Opinion' column, is more interesting but is dated April 2020 and since it's from the Washington Post, a Govt. mouthpiece, it seems to be an opening shot in the US Govt's blame game to divert attention from its own lack of action at home. It comes as no surprise that US Govt officials in China are dubious concerning anything to do with China.

Research by Chinese experts published in the Lancet in January showed the first known patient, identified on Dec. 1, had no connection to the market, nor did more than one-third of the cases in the first large cluster. Also, the market didn’t sell bats.

It will pain you to learn that you're going to have to sync up your facial expressions to match what you type in future. Thanks to seemingly successful CCP experiments upon the Uyghurs, their facial recognition surveillance algorithms will now be able to tell whether you're being truthful or disingenuous. Social credits have just become much harder to come by.

It will pain you to learn that you're going to have to sync up your facial expressions to match what you type in future. Thanks to seemingly successful CCP experiments upon the Uyghurs, their facial recognition surveillance algorithms will now be able to tell whether you're being truthful or disingenuous. Social credits have just become much harder to come by.
Pah. Tim Roth had that down pat years ago.

Here's an interesting link from that above though ; https://www.scientificamerican.com/...wn-viruses-from-sars-to-the-new-coronavirus1/

To be honest.. I couldn't be arsed researching more.. it was a 5 second Google.

You are wrong. But like dantes are too stubborn to admit it.

I didn't say the Market sold bats. I said it was more likely where a mutation took hold. Presumably from person to person if you want me to clarify more as I clearly said like the Kent and Indian variants. Not from animal to person.

Adds Nomad to the Rosco and Dantes Conspiracy Theorists brotherhood.

The Lab Theory is probably the LEAST likely theory (but politically expedient due to the ongoing trade wars) because Wuhan was the first major outbreak but distinctly unlikely to have been ground zero.
It's since been established that CV-19 was already in many countries, including China, but not yet in a viable mutation to create said pandemic (e.g. Italian sewage samples tested from 2019). Jeez.

This message is brought to you by the CCP

Covid origin is just the new Jack the Ripper conspiracy.

100 years from now idiots will still be arguing about which theory without evidence is the right one.

Covid origin is just the new Jack the Ripper conspiracy.

100 years from now idiots will still be arguing about which theory without evidence is the right one.

This could easily be true, but the reason we won't have definitive evidence is because china isnt interested in us having it. If our political institutions werent so medieval, we'd expect more out of states than we do from serial murderers.

We'll be back in lockdown by October

I'm all for caution (thought we could/should have went for hotel quarantine last year) but all the plans seem to be for a very slow to open given the amount of people vaccinated and the amount getting vaccinated every week.

To be honest.. I couldn't be arsed researching more.. it was a 5 second Google.

You are wrong. But like dantes are too stubborn to admit it.

I didn't say the Market sold bats. I said it was more likely where a mutation took hold. Presumably from person to person if you want me to clarify more as I clearly said like the Kent and Indian variants. Not from animal to person.
Hahaha. From someone who literally knows SFA about China except what he's read in a newspaper or seen on the BBC *rolls eyes smilie*

Prove me wrong then.
Why would I give a shit about proving it to you? A nobody on the internet (we are all nobodies) ? Use your brain.

A country that can crew manned missions to the moon, build a space station and land a rocket on Mars can't build secure labs (and to be clear Wuhan's is one of the most secure) oh and guess what the common factors are in all those.

As for the rest : do your own research but take your blinkers off first, your prejudice is showing.

Last edited:
I don't know much about China but I've been a couple of times and everything looks brand new, clean, all the infrastructure is in perfect nick. It makes England look like a bin and it makes the US look like a skip full of rubble. So while I'm not saying it wasn't a problem in the lab I get where froggy is coming from.

03cb2235b1c4f23978433f46ab340ac1.jpg

My current favourite is Beavertown’S Gamma Ray IPA. £8 for 4x330ml cans.

I went to GABS last weekend - The Great Australian Beer Spectacular - which is a craft beer festival - brewers make a pile of weird beers - there was a Lamb Souvlaki flavoured beer - didn’t try that one - but my favour beer was :

One Drop Brewing Triple Boysenberry Blackcurrant Salted Caramel Chocolate Custard Nitro Imperial Pastry Stout - ABV 10%.

A mouthful to say as well as a mouthful to drink - but it was delicious.

I went to GABS last weekend - The Great Australian Beer Spectacular - which is a craft beer festival - brewers make a pile of weird beers - there was a Lamb Souvlaki flavoured beer - didn’t try that one - but my favour beer was :

One Drop Brewing Triple Boysenberry Blackcurrant Salted Caramel Chocolate Custard Nitro Imperial Pastry Stout - ABV 10%.

A mouthful to say as well as a mouthful to drink - but it was delicious.

@Woland ’s brewery is knocking out some boss stuff. Team Toxic have a “black custard” stout.

Here is some others I’d like to give a go.

The 24 carat is a good session beer.

@Atlas looking for this thread?

Yeah man. I was looking on my phone and couldn't find it? Looks like I missed about 3 pages of chatter?

Ok, dunno whats going on but
Can't see the thread on the main GC forum.
I can only find it when I link via Alerts cos @Mamma Mia tagged me.

Have we decided we've had enough of the inane chatter and moved it? or just me who can't see it cos I'm a tard or something.

Think it's just you. Probably been browsing too much Palestine / Uyghur related propoganda, and the relevant authorities are now intercepting your data leading to anamolies in the html compilation.

Back
Top Bottom