• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Poll City at CAS

Prefix for Poll Threads

What will the outcome be

• They'll get off with it, completely exonerated, FFP falls apart

Votes: 9 14.5%
  • They get a reduced ban, some sort of fine

Votes: 20 32.3%
  • They get no ban, some sort of fine

Votes: 26 41.9%
  • Initial punishment stands, the fume goes into meltdown about the cartel, Pep fucks off

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • Other

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
City agreed to put the decision back last week. They only found the decision out today. It was so no matter what they and UEFA couldn't be ambushed by the press at the draw tomorrow.

It has to be a minimum of a 1 year ban. If not its the end of FFP, and they can just remove it altogether.

I think City went after whether the process was followed, not the punishment, so it's all or nothing if that's the case. If they didn't follow process, the whole thing is thrown out, zero ban and FFP is as good as dead, or, they did follow process and the ban stands.

I don't know if the consequences would go that far. If Citeh did prove failure/abuse of process the case probably would be dismissed, but (in theory at least) it could then be re-run if UEFA kept to the proper process next time around, and there wouldn't necessarily be wider implications for the whole future of FFP. even if this case falls away. A great deal would depend on (a) the detail of this individual case and decision of the court, and (b) on how determined UEFA are to make FFP stick.

The cunts have got Lyon or Juve in the champions league. Hopefully, they’ll get ruined by Bayern in the semis if they don’t get knocked out before then.

Tough Tough passage.. Toughest they could possibly get..

You would fancy Juve to overcome Lyon, given Lyon haven't played a competitive game since March despie being 1 nil up from the first leg.. They can then potentially face Barcelona or Bayern in the semi's..

They still got to beat Real.. ok they are 2-1 up from the first leg, 2nd leg at home.. but that is by no means finished..

They beat Real.. Juve and Barca or Bayern..
They deserve to win it..

Though I'd love them to get to the final and watch Athletico Madrid do a number over them

Last edited:
Preferably not that lot though. Apart from the fact that they put us out, to me few people sum up what's worst on the football field better than that d!ck Simeone.

Assuming the evidence uncovered by Football Leaks / Der Spiegel is correct then City are bang to rights for breach of FFP, and if UEFA had seen all that stuff and concluded no-case to answer first time around then City will win the appeal (and UEFA / their investigators have been hugely negligent).
If I had to speculate, I'd say UEFA are seeking to re-visit this on the basis that City made false / misleading / incomplete statements to them during their investigation and that they didn't see all relevant facts and evidence. City will likely be arguing that the closure of the investigation means it can't be re-opened and it may turn on the basis on which the case was closed. If City didn't have to certify, at any point in the process, that they'd made full and complete disclosure then they could get away with it on a technical basis.
Even if they do get away with it, the issue they're still going to face is that the processes they used in the past are still present. Their sponsorships still look massively over-valued, the contract terms set out by Der Spiegel are clearly non-commercial, and their wage bill still looks suspiciously low (suggesting it isn't complete due to how they are managing image rights payments). That being the case, I'm sure UEFA could just open new investigations on open years and go after them again with full knowledge of what they've been doing.
I'm not convinced they'll win on anything but a technicality and even if they do I don't think they'll be out of the woods yet.

So who will be investigating CAS and whether they received any under-the-table payments to reverse this decision?

They’ll probably get away with it on a “technicaliteh”. Something like the sponsorship trail was there in the initial investigation but the year one trainee didn’t pick up that the paid amount and contractual amount was different. So it’s UEFA’s fault for not acting upon the information.

Apparently its all bullishit... City are leaking to the press they have won..

However in reality.. they will only know the verdict a few hours before it's made public..

Apparently its all bullishit... City are leaking to the press they have won..

However in reality.. they will only know the verdict a few hours before it's made public..
City and Uefa already know the verdict. They were both informed yesterday but delayed the announcement tell Monday to avoid fallout from the q&a after the Champions League draw

If city win the champions league will they have the asterisk they were desperate for us to get because the one off games no other years winners have had that advantage

City and Uefa already know the verdict. They were both informed yesterday but delayed the announcement tell Monday to avoid fallout from the q&a after the Champions League draw
Apparently that's BS too..

Similar to how rumours where in the press they where getting a slap on the wrist before they were found guilty in the first place..

Apparently that's BS too..

Similar to how rumours where in the press they where getting a slap on the wrist before they were found guilty in the first place..
Who knows, prominent city journalist Ian Cheeseman suggests they have been cleared, so there are leaks.

Who knows, prominent city journalist Ian Cheeseman suggests they have been cleared, so there are leaks.
He wouldnt know.. he is merely being city's mouthpiece.. He was behind the bullshit flying about prior to the initial ruling..

City will only find out the same as uefa a few hours before the verdict is made public..

It's probably been put back till Monday as a request from Uefa, because of the draw.

Why would City put out leaks that they were exonerated if that wasn't the case?

If they get off completely, it pretty much is the end of FFP.

I don't see why.

There is a 2014 settlement that binds both City and UEFA. If the Der Spiegel revelations were already within contemplation of the 2014 settlement (someone one here has suggested that they were), then it is UEFA that has breached the 2014 agreement by imposing the 2 year ban.

I can only see UEFA succeeding if CAS accepted that UEFA was induced to enter into settlement- and settlement was procured by City- with deliberate misrepresentations, and UEFA had no opportunity to examine the truth of those misrepresentations by City. Otherwise, the sanctity of a private agreement ought to be left undisturbed.

I suspect that if City is exonerated, UEFA will accept that its moral authority to enforce FFP has been weakened, but the public position it will adopt would be the strengthening of its resolve to clamp down on similar breaches of FFP.

I don't see why.

There is a 2014 settlement that binds both City and UEFA. If the Der Spiegel revelations were already within contemplation of the 2014 settlement (someone one here has suggested that they were), then it is UEFA that has breached the 2014 agreement by imposing the 2 year ban.

I can only see UEFA succeeding if CAS accepted that UEFA was induced to enter into settlement- and settlement was procured by City- with deliberate misrepresentations, and UEFA had no opportunity to examine the truth of those misrepresentations by City. Otherwise, the sanctity of a private agreement ought to be left undisturbed.

I suspect that if City is exonerated, UEFA will accept that its moral authority to enforce FFP has been weakened, but the public position it will adopt would be the strengthening of its resolve to clamp down on similar breaches of FFP.

Thats the problem with all this, isn’t it - if I’m understanding this right, UEFA would have to show that, not only did Man City falsify the information that informed their first decision and that their initial investigations could not have uncovered the truth, but that subsequent information not only proves that city did cheat beyond a reasonable doubt, but also successfully covered it up enough to invalidate UEFA’s original decision.

There’s no way this doesn’t get thrown out.

It’s not even a question of whether City cheated or not anymore - they’d already been found guilty, accepted it, been punished and satisfied UEFA they’d complied with whatever was required after the initial case.

While trying not to go all “tin foil hatty”, it almost feels like UEFA are covering their own asses for not doing proper due diligence into City at the time - for fear of City lawyering up, but also because City likely “significantly contributed” to someone high up in IEFA’s favourite charity (Infantino).

Almost if they don’t make a song and dance about the info leaked in the hacked emails, it looks too much liked they knew and ignored the information the first time round.

City will get exonerated and UEFA will get to say they’ll tighten things up so as it doesn’t happen again and that’ll be the end of it.

I think the decision will be they weren’t fully forthcoming with the money trail but it was presented to Uefa who didn’t act upon it. It will be deep in a document somewhere. They’ll get off with it.

Yeah, they'll get off with a fine and slap on the wrist. Anything else will surprise me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom