• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

CL 1/4 Finals : Draw and Matches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frogfish

Gone to Redcafe
Deserves it's own thread.

So more than likely the final eight will be : Liverpool, Juventus, Barcelona (Chelsea at a real stretch), Real Madrid, Sevilla, Roma, Bayern Munich and Man City.

In terms of favourites to win it I'll go : Barca, City, Real, Bayern, Juve, Liverpool, Sevilla, Roma.

Who do you want to draw and why ? Personally in descending order : Sevilla, Roma, Bayern, Juve, City, Real, Barca.

Deserves it's own thread.

So more than likely the final eight will be : Liverpool, Juventus, Barcelona (Chelsea at a real stretch), Real Madrid, Sevilla, Roma, Bayern Munich and Man City.

In terms of favourites to win it I'll go : Barca, City, Real, Bayern, Juve, Liverpool, Sevilla, Roma.

Who do you want to draw and why ? Personally in descending order : Sevilla, Roma, Bayern, Juve, City, Real, Barca.

I think you rate Real a bit high. They were impressive enough to beat the PSG team. However, they were a bit lucky and haven't showed the strength this season as we have been used to from that side. Not in League nor CL. Ronaldo on and off, Bale the same. Benzema seem to found better form off late but will he carry them through 5 tough games to win them CL? Kroos and Modric haven't had the best of Seasons. Some youngsters are showing off every now and then, but not consistantly enough. I actually think they could prove a decent Draw for us as there is no way they will park any bus.

Agree with Insig. I think we're much more likely to flop out of this against a Juve or Sevilla than against Bayern or Madrid. I want a big tie, and I want a team that has too much pride to take a backward step against us.

Are you crazy ? A team we have failed to beat in 3 attempts ? I just want avoid City and Sevilla
We are a stronger team than then and from earlier in the group games. Added to which there is no doubt Sevilla are one of the weakest two teams remaining so it seems you'd prefer we play a stronger team ? I don't mind that but I'd rather it came in the semis than the 1/4s.

We are a stronger team than then and from earlier in the group games. Added to which there is no doubt Sevilla are one of the weakest two teams remaining so it seems you'd prefer we play a stronger team ? I don't mind that but I'd rather it came in the semis than the 1/4s.

I'd prefer to play a stronger team if they play football that complements our style of play. Swansea are a relatively weak side (and Utd, in respect of this competition have proved themselves no great shakes), but they happen to play a style that we find difficult to combat.

Are you crazy ? A team we have failed to beat in 3 attempts ? I just want avoid City and Sevilla

We destroyed Sevilla at home and missed a penalty, and plenty of good chances. Away, we scored 3 away goals.. and conceded a soft penalty, and from 2 set pieces.

With a better defence (Robertson, VVD and a more confident Karius), I think we'll be better prepared now to beat them.

They're obviously the weakest side still left in the competition.

I'd prefer to play a stronger team if they play football that complements our style of play. Swansea are a relatively weak side (and Utd, in respect of this competition have proved themselves no great shakes), but they happen to play a style that we find difficult to combat.
What Ibromurph said above !

I always worry about peaking too early in competitions. Beating barca in the quarters would emotionally drain us imo. Better than getting beat but I'd much rather save it for the semis. I want roma.

Roma
Seville
Bayern
Barca
Juve
City
Real

In that order but really I'm just glad we are in the hat with our style of football we won't get embarrassed whatever happens.

Roma
Seville
Bayern
Barca
Juve
City
Real

In that order but really I'm just glad we are in the hat with our style of football we won't get embarrassed whatever happens.

I am not that arrogant to believe we could just beat Seville - they know us too well. My honest preferred line up is:-

Roma
Bayern
Barca
Real
Juve
Serville
City

I am hoping that City get Bayern/Juve who I think have the know how to overcome them. Of that entire list - I really don't want to face City again - I just want them to get kicked out - my mind won't be able to take it.

I am afraid that after all the excitement last night of Seville beating Man U, Barcelona beating Chelsea just doesn't cut it.
I am struggling to finish my celebratory beer

We are probably the 6th best team left in the draw ahead of Roma and Seville. Any other draw for us and we won't be favourites.

I don’t give a fuck who we play. I’ve got my ticket for the quarters through the auto cup scheme, and after that the semis. A final ticket is 50/50 judging by the Athens final fiasco.

Whatever happens, I’m gonna finish work at 4pm, get fucking bladdered in town, get a cab the game about 7.25, get in the ground and sing my fucking arse off. It’s a hell of a ride. And it’s the best feeling ever.

Two best nights I’ve ever had at anfield. Olympiacos and Chelsea.

I’d actually argue that olympiacos was better cos at half time, it wasn’t expected. I wasn’t in my normal seat, I was in row 4 of the lower centenary, Kop end. When gerrard scored, I ended up on the back of some lad on row 1. It was fucking nuts. Best moment I’ve ever had at anfield that.

I'm happy with any draw really cos I'm just happy we have CL footy again but that said I'd prefer not to have City I'd fancy us against Sevilla and Roma and Juve, to an extent, I reckon it would be a fifty-fifty against Real or Bayern and I'd like to avoid Barca and CIty for at least another round.

It's all getting exciting again though eh!

I like this year's 1/4 lineup – no Chelsea, no United, no Spurs... Whoever wins in the end won't make me feel awful – and there is still a chance of Liverpool winning it. Draw will be key; anything can happen if we avoid Barca and Man City until the final.

I like this year's 1/4 lineup – no Chelsea, no United, no Spurs... Whoever wins in the end won't make me feel awful – and there is still a chance of Liverpool winning it. Draw will be key; anything can happen if we avoid Barca and Man City until the final.

I agree, and to an extent, I think that it's not necessarily such a bad thing if we draw either City or Barca in the quarters, I'd prefer to have those teams over two legs than in a one-off final game, those two are the strongest opponents in the tournament IMO... But if we did play either of them just once then that would mean we are in the final...which would be awesome...

With all due respect to the Football Gods whose noses I would never ever tweak it is not impossible for us to win the flipping thing regardless of who we draw... we are flipping nifty...

Which would be mental... it will never happen... obviously... it's silly to even imagine it... foolish...

Bayern have got lots of experience and a good manager but have aged somewhat...
Real, again oodles of experience and quality but also are far from perfect...
Barca are not the sensational team of 5 or 6 years ago but they do have a couple of rather nifty players, they've got this little Argie fucker called Messi...you may of heard of him...

Yeah... it is extremely interesting...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom