• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

CL pre match: Red Bull Salzburg (H)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my over 30 years as a football fan who went to loads of away games, I've NEVER EVER been to a bloody museum!

Give the lad some advice on decent boozers, FFS!
The Liverpool FC museum is ace. Not sure if you have to book and be sure to go very early before the match.

In my over 30 years as a football fan who went to loads of away games, I've NEVER EVER been to a bloody museum!

Give the lad some advice on decent boozers, FFS!

I went to a couple of museums in the dock area on my first visit to the city and enjoyed them very much! I think that was on the day of the game too.

The Cavern didn’t have much too look at to be honest. Didn’t find much going on in terms of live music either - I think it’s a far cry from the old days.

Last edited:
Matip is a doubt with a slight knock, so better to rest him and start Gomez.

[article]
Joel Matip sustained an injury at Sheffield United last weekend, Jürgen Klopp has confirmed.

The Liverpool defender must therefore be assessed ahead of Wednesday night’s Champions League clash with Salzburg at Anfield.

Xherdan Shaqiri remains sidelined for the Group E tie, while the game also comes too soon for goalkeeper Alisson Becker.

Asked for a fitness update on Tuesday afternoon, Klopp told Liverpoolfc.com: “In a good mood, good spirits, but we have to wait a little bit to give a final answer about fitness.

“Joel Matip obviously got a slight knock at Sheffield, we have to see how exactly it will be.

“Apart from that, everybody should be fine. Of course, we have the players who weren’t available last week – that means Shaq is still out; Alisson is very close but for sure not for tomorrow. I think that’s it pretty much.”
[/article]

So much for someone’s suggestion Alisson was out for the season.

[article]
Joel Matip sustained an injury at Sheffield United last weekend, Jürgen Klopp has confirmed.

The Liverpool defender must therefore be assessed ahead of Wednesday night’s Champions League clash with Salzburg at Anfield.

Xherdan Shaqiri remains sidelined for the Group E tie, while the game also comes too soon for goalkeeper Alisson Becker.

Asked for a fitness update on Tuesday afternoon, Klopp told Liverpoolfc.com: “In a good mood, good spirits, but we have to wait a little bit to give a final answer about fitness.

“Joel Matip obviously got a slight knock at Sheffield, we have to see how exactly it will be.

“Apart from that, everybody should be fine. Of course, we have the players who weren’t available last week – that means Shaq is still out; Alisson is very close but for sure not for tomorrow. I think that’s it pretty much.”
[/article]

So much for someone’s suggestion Alisson was out for the season.

Wasnt that Non Dream Believer? Which is, well, as accurate information about the injury as you could read on a bag of crisps.

Wasnt that Non Dream Believer? Which is, well, as accurate information about the injury as you could read on a bag of crisps.

Ah, come on. Surely everyone has to admit that Dreamy's self reinvention over the last few years as 6CM's Premier Contrarian Authoritative Dissenting Voice has given us some amazing comedy?

I mean, he's still wrong about almost everything (which, when you think about his "new" contrarian stance, is absolutely fucking amazing in the first place) but it's even funnier than Old Dreamy, when he was just wrong about everything (even when he was trying to agree with everyone), but was less sure of himself.

The strength of assuredness of someone consistently wrong also seems to be a good hallmark for Solksjaer, maybe Dreamy has been channeling him. Long may it continue

Firmino will get a goal tonight. The BT commentators will cream themselves over him scoring on his birthday. They love shit like that.

The u19 are currently playing Salzburg U19 at the Totally wicked stadium.

Salzburg has Scored almost 5 goals a game So far in the league. And 5 pr game so far in CL. Maybe money on both team to score.

Salzburg dominating the game. Seriously our youth team might have won the FA youth cup last season but they're look shite now.
Elliott, Jones, Hoever and Brewster all playing.

We should buy the entire Salzburg u19 team. They're somehow playing our style of football better than we are.
And Van den Berg, did we really scout him properly. He's got a good control and passing but he kinda sucks at what he's supposed to best at...defending.

Fantastic skill by Jones to get past the fullback. flicked it over his head then got crowded out...

Elliott makes a run into the box from the left side, defender brings him down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom